Question Pokemon Sun and Moon Simple Questions Simple Answers Thread

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
So I think I'll be downloading this game instead of going for a hard copy. However, I have pretty limited space and will need to delete some stuff. Does anyone know how many Blocks it takes to download the full game?

Thanks.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Well guys, Sun and Moon are finally out! And as you're progressing through the game and making new discoveries, you might get stuck and need help. Use this thread to post any questions that can be answered with a single response, for instance:

"Where can I catch a Pichu?"
"How do I get to Ten Carat Hill?"
"Where do I get the TM for False Swipe?"

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
I know that Charjabug evolves in a specific location, but how far along into the game/how long does it take to actually get access to the place it evolves? (as in, whats the general level of the Pokemon around there?) Just to get a rough estimate of when I could anticipate having a fully evolved Vikavolt.
I just wanna know because I want to use Vikavolt but if it evolves too late I might use something else instead.

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
Charjabug evolves into Vikavolt in a location you get to after dealing with the evil team. I'd put it a roughly 75% percent of the way through the main game.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I have a question myself actually. Where can you find evolution stones in the game? I'm specifically looking for a Thunderstone to evolve my Pikachu.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
How long does it take for nectar to appear? I've been running around for 10 minutes to no avail.

Adding onto that, does Nectar only appear during the day?

Last edited:

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
In the demo's city, there was sometimes a sound of shrieking, what I think were some Pokémon cries and actually annoying.

Does this continues in the games?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
In the demo's city, there was sometimes a sound of shrieking and what I think were some Pokémon cries and actually annoying?

Does this continues in the games?

Yes it does. You can hear the cries of Pokemon that are catchable in the grass in this game. IIRC, that cry you hear in the demo is Yungoos'.

Chocolate Death

I should be the Water Trial Captain now!
I heard it's possible to get a non-alolan form baby by having a parent hold an ever stone. if I have a Pikachu holding an everstone, will it evolve into alolan Raichu if i use a thunderstone? Also, if I use a Fire Stone on alolan Vulpix, what happens?

Professor Palutena

The Queen
I heard it's possible to get a non-alolan form baby by having a parent hold an ever stone. if I have a Pikachu holding an everstone, will it evolve into alolan Raichu if i use a thunderstone? Also, if I use a Fire Stone on alolan Vulpix, what happens?
Pikachu: Yes. It's impossible to evolve into a regular Raichu in Sun and Moon.

Vulpix: You can't use a Fire Stone on an Alolan Vulpix.

Chocolate Death

I should be the Water Trial Captain now!
Thanks, Prof! I got one more for ya. How does one unlock the long and tousled hair for guys or ponytails for girls?

98Greener

tree noises
How does one go upgrading their Festivale Plaza stores? Is it automatic or do you have to go to the store a specific amount of times for it to happen?

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
Anyone have any luck finding the Macho Brace? Also are BP the only way to get the Destiny Knot? If so I may be out of breeding commission until Bank open for SM.

PG24

<Pride> I'm my wildest fantasy
Advanced Member
Is it possible to reset EVs in this game?
Yes, using the festival plaza.

Though I have no idea what you actually need to do it.

It's the Friendship Cafe and Parlor. Both of them sell the Sweets Set, which can lower a single stat's EVs depending on the set. Like any other shop, it's a random unlock.

You can also grab the EV lowering berries on the Route 10 berry tree if you want to avoid the hassle of Festival. It's going to take up some time, but you should be able to farm a few by using Palago. The EV lowering berries produce the highest yields of any berries (5 to 14), which makes this super efficient if you can plant multiple. For reference, a single berry lowers a single stat by 10 EVs.

How does one go upgrading their Festivale Plaza stores? Is it automatic or do you have to go to the store a specific amount of times for it to happen?

When you rank up, you're offered a random new store to replace one of your old ones. You can also ask your plaza guests to recommend you a store from their plaza, which you can then buy. Both of these are random, so it requires both patience and luck to get what you want.

-------

Does anyone have a rough estimate on the chances of spawning a Hidden Ability using SOS chaining? I know it increases as the chain grows, but it would be nice to know what the initial rate is.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Does anyone have a rough estimate on the chances of spawning a Hidden Ability using SOS chaining? I know it increases as the chain grows, but it would be nice to know what the initial rate is.
I don't know any flat percent, but I went through roughly 20 Vulpix in my SOS chain before getting Snow Warning.

That said, it definitely varies because I tried another time and didn't have any luck after 40.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
This may sound like a dumb question, but where's the Akala Meadow? I can't seem to find it anywhere.