Pokemon Sets That I Have For Sale

PokeGB

Aspiring Trainer
Hello everyone.

I dont know if im allowed to post this here but i just wanted some advice.

I am a verifed seller on here and have a selling thread.

I have listed every generation 3 and generation 4 set and some generatiom 5 sets but i dont seem to be gaining much interest.

I was wonder how i could sell these a little faster without loosing money on them?

Or if anyone sees thos and has any interest then please do check out my sales thread linked in my sig here.

Any advice is welcome.

Thank you.

RE: pokemon sets that i have for sale....

Complete sets aren't always the easiest thing the sell. You're catering to a very specific market (collectors who are looking to purchase full sets of older generation cards), and collector purchases tend to have their ups and downs. Back when I started collecting again a couple years ago, it was a big boom in the interest of old cards and many of them were selling for high prices, but they seem to have gone back down over the past year or so. If you want to sell sets as a set, you'll likely need to be patient. If I were in your position trying to sell those sets, I would likely put them in as auctions with a reserve and just keep relisting every month or so.

One thing that I can't help but notice is that many the sets you have for sale (and specifically the ones you mention in this thread) are not actually complete, specifically missing the Secret and Ultra Rare cards for the most part. Generally speaking, people who are looking to purchase complete sets typically want to have the full set, especially including those SR/UR cards which can be the most difficult to find. You would probably have more interest if the sets were fully complete, but of course that would require obtaining all of the SR/UR cards that you don't yet have, so you'd have to make a choice if it would be worth the investment, considering that it would still likely be a thing that would not sell very quickly.

Have you tried selling them on eBay? As Athena said, it will take time for the right person to see your listing. I've been collecting complete sets and selling them for a few years now and most times it takes more than 3 months of relisting (and lowering the price gradually) for them to finally sell. It's becoming more of a headache than a hobby anymore, so I think I'll stop with Phantom Forces, and go back to selling just singles or playsets of cards. I'm not really looking forward to collecting all 164 cards in Primal Clash ._.

well for the older stuff in question i have all the ex and lv x cards.

My opinion was that the price id change the sets to would be too high so selling seperate would be easier. also i have them listed on ebay cheaper than anybody else on ebay beating prices by 5gbp at least.

As Athena said, the sets listed can arguably considered as incomplete and honestly I can agree with that, as someone who once tried to collect complete sets. I can tell you my definition of complete set was much bigger, I personally aimed for what could be considered master sets. That means every holo, every rare, every reverse holo, every uncommon, every common, every EX/X/whatev they were, every ultra/secret rare, and even the theme deck exclusive cards and the prerelease cards, regular and staff.

There is no denying that is a hefty price tag, which is why I stopped doing this after Black and White (well that and making less money than I was before), and just went back to doing it how I wanted to do it. These are very specific crowds to aim for and most people in those crowds aren't going to view it as complete without at least all of the EX's/X's/and whatever that is part of the set. Again a lot of this kind of thing requires patience too. Since they are so pricy sometimes people have to save up for them.

You could try listing them as just the complete base sets of the cards. Assuming you can find any auctions for them you could see what ebay as them listed for and go from there..

While I can't speak with absolute certainty, I do believe you will stand much better chances of selling the set as full complete sets, with SR/UR cards, even considering the price increase. It will still take some time to sell, but the type of buyer you're looking to sell to will more likely gravitate to a complete set than just a set of C/U/R/HR.

Okay thanks. I shall now look to include the ex cards and what not to these sets. I have them all anyways. All i dont have is gold stars as ive sold them seperate but i have the secret Rares amd ex and lv x and that.

Ill update ebay and on bere aoon and work some prices out. Hopefully i can have these sold before june as thats my target to sell these sets

If you had the crystals, I would buy that Aquapolis set, because it's my favorite, but that's really the big puller for the set.

Back