Pokemon Releasing $2000 'Pure Gold' Pikachu Card

Someday, somewhere in this world, there will be an eight-year old running around on the school playground flaunting this thing, before his classmates promptly mark it horribly without realizing its value.

And no one will care.

Except for the parents who bought that card in the first place.

This is so amazing though. Pikachu's my favourite Pokémon, so for it to be getting its own gold card is awesome. Only thing is, WHY IS IT $2000?!

Damn. My son's Pikachu card collection just got a lot more expensive to complete.
Well, it's already pretty expensive anyway. ;)

I'm currently sitting at 617 out of the 782 Pikachu Cards I know to exist.

Especially the 12 Art Academy (250-1000 USD each), 1998 SNAP Photo Contest Pikachu (8-12k USD) and Inverted WB Stamp Pikachu (400-1000 USD) will be a pain to get. Adding this Gold one for 2k and well.. I'm not ever gonna complete this collection.. xD

Greetz,
Quuador

I can get the more rarer Parent Trophy Kangaskhan promo for around that same amount (bit lower actually since its £2000 ungraded).

-Hey Pokémon, here's my money. Do you think you could maybe stop stealing my wallet?

-NO!!!

-o.k...

Can you stop stealing my money Pokémon?

We're not stealing your money, we simply put the product out there. It's your choice to buy it regardless of whether it is 20 dollars, 80 dollars or 2,000 dollars.

._. touché.

Seriously though this is crazy, as much as I'd like this 2,000 dollars is a lot, I have plenty of other things I could do with that kind of money.

and I thought Shaymin EX was overpriced,

Maybe someday I can get this, but if I did the only reason would be for the sake of possibly selling for a huge profit in the future, I hate Pikachu

I would get it for collection, but I'll never be able to get one of every single English card ever printed so I kind of gave up on that

and I thought Shaymin EX was overpriced,

Maybe someday I can get this, but if I did the only reason would be for the sake of possibly selling for a huge profit in the future, I hate Pikachu

I would get it for collection, but I'll never be able to get one of every single English card ever printed so I kind of gave up on that
Hey, I hate Pikachu too! I mean, there's tons of other Pokémon in the world, why focus on only one?

and greninja soon. but at least greninja is cool.

You guys are forgetting Rayquaza, Eevee and Gardevoir. These Pokémon are also sometimes allowed to exist...

Pokémon company also vaguely remembers Pokémon by the name of Gengar and Mew.

That's about it. The other 700+ Pokémon aren't really significant. Like Arceus for example.

I can almost hear UnlistedLeaf now.
"HOLY FLIPPAMOLY GUYS, oooooh my gosh! How cool is this?!" (continue for 7 minutes)

Back