Pokemon movie 13 hated?

It does indeed look awesome, I'm also interested to see what was bad about it. Shame, too, I was hoping for a good movie :<

It seems like a very cliche Pokemon movie, and the past few ones haven't been you know best movie ever...I'd be surprised if it was like the first Movie, let's just say that.

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
It seems like a very cliche Pokemon movie, and the past few ones haven't been you know best movie ever...I'd be surprised if it was like the first Movie, let's just say that.

dmaster out.

the first movie was the best out of them all

Exactly! No other movie will come close, so I don't know what people were expecting out of this movie. Every movie has followed the same pattern and it might just be getting old for WPM and a lot of other people to watch now...

dmaster out.

personally i have liked the resent movies, especially movie 12, but there haven't really been any i didn't like. i get wat ur saying tho

Actually I was thinking this one didn't look too cliche. No clashin' legends, FINALLY

...Or do the shinies fight the normals? I have not kept up with this ;o

And I thought either #3 or #8 was best, for the record.

Movie 13 did have clashing Pokemon, Zoroark against, the 3 legendray beasts and the first movie was really good i haven't watched it in years and don't get me started on how bad 12 is. The lucario one, the entei one, the celebi one, and the darkrai one were good. The giratina and the manaphy ones were okay, the rest i havent seen or hated. I have high hopes for the 13th one.

zekrom52 said:
im just curious, why does WPM hate the new pokemon movie?
I doubt he'll respond, but I would PM him and ask him if you really want to know. How would we knoe his thoughts any more than you...?

Jeez people.

Erm. Didn't he say he's going to post a review/summary later on (presumably sometime this week)?

And I have to agree with Dmaster here. The past few movies have developed a fairly predictable formula to them
Ash & co. get lost on the way to a gym battle/contest or they stop by a big town we've never heard of for a somethingsomething festival.
Then it hits the fan and the world goes topsy turvey and then Ash, being the destined hero he is, figures out how to save the day. Hoorah, hoorah.

Oh well. Here's to hoping movie 14 will be a break out one.

Wow the Japanese really wants money huh. After the 13th Pokemon Movie was released, there's already a trailer for the 14th one. Anyhoo, i want to see the Movie 13 too, but if it's poor and bad like WPM described it would be, at least there's Movie 14 to look forward to. :]

I dont think theres been a good pokemon film (apart from the odd 1 here n there) since the first 2 or 3 films

Drakeman said:
Wow the Japanese really wants money huh. After the 13th Pokemon Movie was released, there's already a trailer for the 14th one. Anyhoo, i want to see the Movie 13 too, but if it's poor and bad like WPM described it would be, at least there's Movie 14 to look forward to. :]
The trailer for the next movie has always been after the premiere. It's not a new occurrence.

No Pokemon movie will ever top the glory that was the fifth one ;3

Zenith said:
The trailer for the next movie has always been after the premiere. It's not a new occurrence.

Are you kidding me, the fifth one was kind of stupid. No offense. :)

Zenith said:

Woah. I just knew. :p

PokePain said:
I don't think theres been a good pokemon film (apart from the odd 1 here n there) since the first 2 or 3 films

Warning: the following contains opinions from a somewhat bored nerd, feel free to ignore.

1st - Meh.
2nd - Awesome.
3rd - Good.
4th - Good.
5th - Good.
6th - Butler & Diane made it enjoyable.
7th - Awesome.
8th - Not bad but I hate the lucario pandering.
9th - Borefest and May is an awful lead.
10th - Awesome.
11th - Would be great if it didn't have shaymin.
12th - Good but the pussyfication of arceus makes it a bit disappointing.

The new one looks less character-driven and it feels like they ran out of ideas and decided to put all of Johto's legendaries plus a new mon to do some advertising. Not expecting much.

Back