Discussion Pokemon Go's newest Gen Release and Update

Ami Dark

Professor/Leader of the Destiny Tower League
I just went out for about thirty minutes to uncover what the new Gen release for Pokemon GO means for Pokemon Go and frankly, it is love and hate.

The first thing I noticed was the new garbage Pokemon are Sentret, HootHoot, Spinarak and Ledyba, I caught dozens. The second thing I noticed was that the Johto starters weren't very hard to find at all. I caught two Chikorita, a Cyndaquil and even a Quilava!

I do love the new berries, one giving you more candy when you catch a Pokemon and the other calms the Pokemon down so they aren't jumping or fighting you as much. I also like the new way to choose berries and Pokeballs from the catch screen.

I visited a gym as well and noticed the spamming speed of moves aren't as fast anymore, which is both nice and meh since I might need to hurry.

New trainer customization was lovely and now I can do without the stupid hat and backpack and even get stockings. The bad part is, new clothes that aren't free, aren't free. You gotta pay that money and a coat for your team is 500 coins. In real life, that means big money for us cheapo people but also means you miss out on buying things to actually catch Pokemon. Let's put it this way, you can get 550 coins for $4.99 and 200 Pokeballs cost 100 Pokeballs cost 460. 5 Incense are 500 coins. Both are better than a jacket, but hey, you got money to blow, be my guest.

The store hasn't gotten anything new in it and I'm still wondering how to get that metal coat and king's rock, since I haven't come across any evolution items yet and my Slowpoke wants to become a Slowking in the worst way.

To wrap it up, the gym I was talking about? Yeah I put my Ursaring in there. Caught trying to steal Ice Cream at the local malt shop. Tsk tsk...

Here are some pics of the damage I did tonight, share what you did on the day one release for Johto!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/puzbwy622n13b2u/AABpFduXPKucoeEFFS2o7lm5a?dl=0

I just went out for about thirty minutes to uncover what the new Gen release for Pokemon GO means for Pokemon Go and frankly, it is love and hate.

The first thing I noticed was the new garbage Pokemon are Sentret, HootHoot, Spinarak and Ledyba, I caught dozens. The second thing I noticed was that the Johto starters weren't very hard to find at all. I caught two Chikorita, a Cyndaquil and even a Quilava!

I do love the new berries, one giving you more candy when you catch a Pokemon and the other calms the Pokemon down so they aren't jumping or fighting you as much. I also like the new way to choose berries and Pokeballs from the catch screen.

I visited a gym as well and noticed the spamming speed of moves aren't as fast anymore, which is both nice and meh since I might need to hurry.

New trainer customization was lovely and now I can do without the stupid hat and backpack and even get stockings. The bad part is, new clothes that aren't free, aren't free. You gotta pay that money and a coat for your team is 500 coins. In real life, that means big money for us cheapo people but also means you miss out on buying things to actually catch Pokemon. Let's put it this way, you can get 550 coins for $4.99 and 200 Pokeballs cost 100 Pokeballs cost 460. 5 Incense are 500 coins. Both are better than a jacket, but hey, you got money to blow, be my guest.

The store hasn't gotten anything new in it and I'm still wondering how to get that metal coat and king's rock, since I haven't come across any evolution items yet and my Slowpoke wants to become a Slowking in the worst way.

To wrap it up, the gym I was talking about? Yeah I put my Ursaring in there. Caught trying to steal Ice Cream at the local malt shop. Tsk tsk...

Here are some pics of the damage I did tonight, share what you did on the day one release for Johto!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/puzbwy622n13b2u/AABpFduXPKucoeEFFS2o7lm5a?dl=0
I wasn't able to do much damage because of some serious lag issues due to server stress, but I managed to get Espeon, Umbreon and Crobat. Also, if you want to get an Espeon (Umbreon isn't good) then use the nickname 'Sakura' ('Tamao') and you should be good to go.

I wasn't able to do much damage because of some serious lag issues due to server stress, but I managed to get Espeon, Umbreon and Crobat. Also, if you want to get an Espeon (Umbreon isn't good) then use the nickname 'Sakura' ('Tamao') and you should be good to go.

Where did you get the name info? I still haven't even used the names for the previous three yet. But i'm also waiting to evolve Pokemon til I am able to dedicate a lure module and exp eggs to it in a decent place. I didn't have any lag problems, my Go Plus caught a majority while I hit stops.

Where did you get the name info? I still haven't even used the names for the previous three yet. But i'm also waiting to evolve Pokemon til I am able to dedicate a lure module and exp eggs to it in a decent place. I didn't have any lag problems, my Go Plus caught a majority while I hit stops.
Yeah, lag was a huge issue for me. As for the info about names, I just looked it up. I didn't expect any results, but I got some, and sure enough, they worked.

Nevermind, I found the names. Boss stuff. But I needs for the dex. lol Gotta catch some Eevee now, I spent the last few months catching and grinding up into candies.

Back