News 'Pokemon Champions League' Tournament Promos Announced!

Choice Band is broken. Not a well designed card at all. Pokemon GX have more HP than Pokemon EX so +30 damage there makes sense but on a Pokemon with 170HP, its way too much. Pokemon worth two Prize cards should not be getting knocked out in one hit. Bad design...

That said, Choice Band is really good. No restrictions on the card at all.

I love Choice Band in the video games! Glad to see it in the card game. I guess locking you into one move wouldn't be very significant in the TCG. Heck, half the Pokemon only have 1 attack (and most only 1 relevant attack).

Maybe I am just dumb, but why would anyone play victory medal ever. Like ever ever.

Wow, Choice Band is amazing! It's great to see a better replacement for Muscle Band in Standard. Still, FFB is very good with EX like Darkrai/Giratina/Yveltal.

I'm glad they decided to reprint Silver Bangle... But the fact that you can use it on an EX or GX is a little silly, methinks.

MY EVALUATIONS!
  • Choice Band - I REALLY.... LOVE THAT CARD! A "Temporary" Muscle Band. Pls. make this thing in English.

Hmm, I don't know how I feel about Choice Band referring to both Pokemon-EX and Pokemon-GX. We already knew there would be a few more Pokemon-EX (M Sharpedo/M Camerupt are things), but I was kinda hoping they'd just do a meta-rule that things that affect Pokemon-EX also affect Pokemon-GX so things didn't get awkward again. But it referencing both makes me think Pokemon-EX will still be here for the long-haul. Which is interesting.

I'm not sure how much I like that Choice Band works ON Pokemon-EX/Pokemon-GX, though. Silver Bangle was a balanced card because Pokemon-EX couldn't use it. This just increases the damage output of everything, which isn't great for power-creep reasons, especially now that most good evolved attackers will be Pokemon-GX. (Which I'm also not completely a fan of personally, but that's not relevant here.)

Hope we don't get the Victory Medal here. The previous Victory Medal was a cool card. We haven't gotten any of Japan's "Victory" trainers in a long, long time, though, so I'm not too worried. I wonder if its effect means we're not keeping Professor's Letter or equivalent. It wouldn't surprise me either way honestly, but I was more leaning towards the "we'd keep it" camp. (Yes, it's very much an XY-themed card, but some cards still crop up for gameplay reasons even if they don't make sense. VS Seeker is a good example of this, since it hasn't been in a game since Platinum. Random Receiver's very much a BW-themed card, too, but we still got it back.) It probably has zero bearing on if we'll get Professor's Letter, though. I think they just took the Champions Festival approach of "let's not make a tournament-exclusive card needed for competitive play", though Choice Band goes against that. Eh.

So, when I saw victory medal, I thought "OMG A REPRINT!!!!!!!"

I was mildly disappointed.

Choice band on the other hand, is excellent.

A side note, snorlax GX with a choice band can't one shot a wailord ex lmao

Hmm, I don't know how I feel about Choice Band referring to both Pokemon-EX and Pokemon-GX. We already knew there would be a few more Pokemon-EX (M Sharpedo/M Camerupt are things), but I was kinda hoping they'd just do a meta-rule that things that affect Pokemon-EX also affect Pokemon-GX so things didn't get awkward again.
But that would defeat the purpose of GX's which was to make EX's that aren't affected by Regice, and Can't be gotten out with Hoopa, etc.

Choice band is really interesting. With EXs and Fighting Fury Belt gone after this season, this will probably be the new must have tool card for standard. In expanded I think this card will see play in primarily non-EX decks like Grenina. 'toad, tina, etc like having either muscle band for 20 extra damage or 10 extra plus 40 extra hp.

Choice Band allows Greninja to hit the Magical 170 with Giant Water Shuriken.

Just let that "sink" in.

-Asmer

Choice band is really interesting. With EXs and Fighting Fury Belt gone after this season, this will probably be the new must have tool card for standard. In expanded I think this card will see play in primarily non-EX decks like Grenina. 'toad, tina, etc like having either muscle band for 20 extra damage or 10 extra plus 40 extra hp.

2018 format will be TCG BREAKpoint - on. So Fighting Fury will still be allowed as it is inside BREAKpoint.

Choice Band = Not removing EX just yet? I doubt they will only have EXs as promos and then make Choice Band do more to EX because of that. Pretty cool card otherwise.

Back