BW/BW2 Pokemon can follow you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are all ignoring the fact that there was no Pokemon following the player in the gameplay video. It is far more likely that the Celebi in the screenshot was just an overworld sprite, like there have been for every Pokemon game to date.

Stop getting your hopes up.

PMJ said:
You guys are all ignoring the fact that there was no Pokemon following the player in the gameplay video. It is far more likely that the Celebi in the screenshot was just an overworld sprite, like there have been for every Pokemon game to date.

Stop getting your hopes up.

I agree.

I was thinking that the player may not have a Pokémon at that point, but I doubt Hiun City is the starting place.

I don't think they can. In all the other pictures and videos we've seen, they don't follow you. GameFreak obviously only programmed Celebi and Zorua's oversprites into the game due to the event where you catch Zorua.

That was mostly beta stuff, PMJ (the gameplay before). They could have waited until later to add them in.

dmaster out.

I do hope they bring this back in, because personally I loved it. But in saying that, I hope they've made it more customizable. You know, make it optional, it just doesn't have to be the first Pokémon in your party etc etc. Because honestly, some pokemon just looked really stupid following you. :/

dmaster said:
That was mostly beta stuff, PMJ (the gameplay before). They could have waited until later to add them in.

dmaster out.
Look at the other scans in CoroCoro, like the one of the main character at a vending machine in a park. No Pokémon there.

In the honey-comb place...no Pokémon there.

it may just be celebi coming out of the pokeball to see the lady's zorua because remember in dppt some people just had pokemon that were next to them? I want it to be optional but i dont mind if pokemon can or cannot follow u

Cool, i hope they will follow..if not and if its just that they get send out of the ball, then yeah..i really dont mind if they dont walk behind me.

Yeah... this hasn't been confirmed yet.
In almost every leaked image of Black and White, there isn't a Pokemon walking behind the trainer.
Only in that one image with Zorua and Celebi is where they are shown outside of their Pokeballs.
Like someone else pointed out, they could just be overworld sprites like the ones we've seen in all the other Pokemon games.
But to be honest, I would love to be able to walk around with my Pokemon again. :3

umm i think hiun city is where you start,i think they didn't have a pokemon (yet)

There's already an image for the starting town. Huin City isn't where you start. >.>
Here's the starting town: http://meodia.com/userfiles/corocoro-pokemon-black-white-starting-town.jpg

I doubt Pokémon will follow you, and I honestly don't want them to either if they are going to walk in the air like in HGSS.

Porygon-X said:
Yeah.

I think it is though, because in the video of the player walking through the city, there was no pokemon following.

This could mean 1 or 2 things:

It's optional if your pokemon can follow you
or
Your pokemon can't follow you at all, and those are just random pokemon standing around.

I hope it's the first.

I agree with your first theory. I think they used this feature to hide Pokemon in early photos, in order to not reveal any new ones.

I took a look at it and it appears to me that PMJ is, in this case, correct. It is nothing more than a screenshot of the event in which you obtain Zorua. Not an absolute confirmation of pokemon following you, this should be taken as.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back