BW/BW2 Pokemon 5th Generation Brokenness

Slowpr0

✪ Slowbro is So Pro ✪
It seems like 5th generation is the most broken generation of them all.
With amazing abilities, movesets, stats, and strategy, 5th generation is STRONG!
Discuss!

It isnt reallybroken.Everone still has its weaknesses and counters. Take doryuuzu for ex, its a beast in the sand, but in the VGC there is no auto weather pokemon (only unova pokemon)

Nothing is broken this Generation. Everything can be beaten.

Doryuzzu - Virizon can switch in on a Swords Dance and KO with Close Combat
Breloom/Roobushin Mach Punch + Aqua Jet

Onokusu - It can't do much to Skarmory, except Rock Slide. Skarmory can Roost stall, or Whirlwind it
Steel types immune to Ground moves are problems for Onokusu.

Shandera - Admittedly, Shadow Tag + Calm Mind is uncounterable. Don't run any Choice fighting, normal or fire attacks.
Aqua Jet is also a problem

Honestly, I think that this Generation is probably one of the more balanced ones. Nothing really seems unstoppable, whereas last Gen, Garchomp was a big problem in the sand because of Sand Viel, and reduced accuracy (and 102 base speed)

I don't mean UNCOUNTERABLE, but with strategy, some can be VERY hard to take down.
For example, here's an original triple battle team I've made.
Jirachi, Swampert, Typhlosion
Swampert and Typhlosion use Water Oath/Fire Oath respectively, and get the Serene Grace boost.
Jirachi, already having Serene Grace, can get a 100% chance flinch with Iron Head.
Swampert can use Boiling Water for a 60% chance burn, Typhlosion can use Lava Plume exactly the same.
So burn stall, flinching everywhere, maybe carry protect on the starters, and you can have an easy but haxy win.

The boost isn't stackable, actually.

I wouldn't say it's broken, but it certainly is different. In game, a lot of normal pokemon are more powerful than in previous generations, but from a competitive view, things aren't as broken as some may think.

People are just going to have to be even more smart and creative about their teams. So like in the VGC, people would have to be prepared for chandera, but not have to cringe in fear.
Plus, a lot of pokemon like enbou are very powerful, but often lack the speed or defenses to shatter a whole team.

First off, this generation is not doubt the most offencive we ever had. With sky high base stats like Ononkusu its very hard to switch into. You also can't "Roost Stall" Ononokusu because it can then hit it with Earthquake. Its best to be revenged by Jirachi and Flygon. Since it has a 97 base speed, why not take advantege of it?

Shandera is quite a threat. Choice Band Roobushin and Machamp are gonna be noexistent. Shandera can trap and set up on these guys quite easy. Flash Fire is also a great ability. This way it can switch in on SpecsTran and foe SpecsTran Shandera and hit back with a very power Overheat. Probubly the strongest in the game.

Doryuuzu is a bit harder to counter. Skarmory and Roobushin can pull through and ever force it out or revenge it with Mach Punch. Dory is no doubt a huge threat in Sandstorm. In all honesty, it actually does shape the metagame a bit.

These are just some of the most hyped Pokemon. With Darkrai, Latios, Latias, and Manaphy unbanned, this game is getting much more offencive. This is no way balanced. This game is getting more and more offencive if anything.

THANK you.
This is what I'm saying.
Example: Perversity on Jalorda, Timid nature, so it's really fast, and then you Leaf Storm everything to death.
Example: Nattorei, awesome Defenses, has access to Stealth Rock, Power Whip, Explosion, and Spikes, which means it can destroy Urgamosu, and other GREAT Pokemon that just get killed from SR.
Example: Zuruzukin has access to the ability Overconfidence, which is a GREAT ability paired with its stats. Great defense means it can take a few hits while it Dragon Dances up, then an easy sweep comes because it can learn Drain Punch, which got a power boost, (60 to 75) giving it even more recovery.
Example: Roopushin has a great stats, and a movepool which includes Stone Edge, Mach Punch, Bulk Up, and Superpower, it can be an offensive wall.

Everything and anything can counter the 'STRENGTH' of the 5th generation.
Yes, a lot of the Pokemon exceed the 400+ atk/sp.atk, but there will be some way to counter it.
There are 649 Pokemon with about 100+ different moves possible, I'm sure one of those will do it.

You people (most) need to know that all these pokemon have plenty of counters, people are just to lazy or havent taken the time to find em.
Plus most of your examples beat your other examples. Shandera vs doryuuzu? Doryuuzu could eq, but shandera can burn it alive.
Nattorei is not unstoppable. A nice strong fire type move or focus blast can beat it easily.
Jalora. First leaf storm is weak. It doesnt even pose a threat till leaf storm 4 or 5, and by then someone can just swap in to something else.
Shandera comes with counters to. Why not just use a dugtrio? Sucker punch/ eq it and its finished.
Doryuuzu falls to an infenapes iron fist mach punch/ close combat. Or brelooms technician mach punch in a few turns, with doryuuzu unable to put super effective damage. And doryuuzu has to depend on sandstorms for sweeping speed. (VGC bans hippowdon/ttar)

Being a Nattorei user myself, I can say it is quite venerauble, the only moves it can't take are Fire moves. They can survive one Focus Blast or Hi-Jump Kick. If you need to counter the Curse + Gyro Ball Combo, use Haze.

@frostwind-
You do realize that Leaf Storm is NOT weak AT ALL.
140 base power AND raises Sp. Attack?
O_O

It is on jalorda until atleast the third try. Thats about how low it sp. atk is. Point is, it takes time to power it up. Eveb then, someone can just switch in during a leaf storm while weak.

5th gen has some CRAZY attack stats on some pokemon, but their aren't that many pokemon that are defensive or can double as a wall. I think some pokemon got their ups and downs, but like Bippa201 said, the stronger ones CAN be beaten. Leaf storm Jalorda couldn't knock out my swampert after 3 times using it on other pokemon! thats a swampert at full health (281) and a Jalorda with a 2.5 raise on special attack! My swampert had 84 hp left! It only has a few EVs in that stat. I even think Jalorda was EV trained in sp. attack! Remember, x4 damage, totaling for 6.5 raise. 6.5! This generation is far from broken

I know for a FACT that Jaroda's Leaf Storm would kill a Swampert after using Leaf Storm THREE times WOULD kill a Swampert with a few Sp. Def. EV's.
In face, I ran the damage calculator, with ZERO Sp. Attack EV's and 50 Sp. Def EV's after 3 boosts, it WOULD kill.
But nice try.

You can send in a Pokemon with the Herbivore ability and Leaf Storm becomes useless. Shandera is not as big as a threat as you present; Roopushin is a very reliable pokemon.

And what happened to Eccentric Ditto? He's a catch-all bandage except for some sets, such as ones that pack type-weakening berries.

Yeah I did overhear that there's too many Offensive Pokemon in Gen 5 than Defensive Pokemon and that's just with the Unova/Isshu Region Pokemon exclusively.

I like the Dream World Abilities for the Gen IV Pokemon but I kinda think it's overrated. Not everyone has to use Dream World Abilities for Old Pokemon...

Back