Pokedex 2.0 - Pokemon with Different Types and Evolutionary Lines! - Completed!

I am not sure, it depends on how we want to expand the Shuffleverse. If we were to make some sort of prequel, we could aim for 275ish. A prequel would be good as we can expand on a lot of characters like Drac, Grover, Prism, Baird, Skjald, and more. We can also expand on the "West vs East Balonce" story that was mentioned. At the same time, a sequel could allow us to expand to much more Pokemon, say 300, as well as to expand on the current storyline at the cost of having to potentially drop any more references to the old times. It depends on what you guys want. Personally I'd go for the Prequel as we had more references in the plot of the past than the future, plus a prequel has never been done before while a sequel has.

EDIT: Also, some Pokemon would be dropped from a prequel. It wouldn't make sense to have Pokemon like Glytch or Transdroid in that kind of game. And perhaps others if their location does not exist.

Reggie McGigas said:
EDIT: Also, some Pokemon would be dropped from a prequel. It wouldn't make sense to have Pokemon like Glytch or Transdroid in that kind of game. And perhaps others if their location does not exist.
One kind of weird possibility might be, even though this is sort of the later of the two projects, I mentioned the idea of having all of the new Pokémon presented in the last few days be in the original Shuffle, but in very small capacities (only appearing in one area, only available via in-game trade, etc.). Maybe Shuffle could have the full 275 and the new project ultimately less, but some of the Pokémon that are limited in Shuffle have much broader, fuller representation in the prequel?

EDIT: Also the prequel could have a variety of unique Mega Evolutions, since there's a lot of very legitimate reasons for a Mega to just stop existing, whereas a full species less so.

Amperglyph said:
Reggie McGigas said:
One kind of weird possibility might be, even though this is sort of the later of the two projects, I mentioned the idea of having all of the new Pokémon presented in the last few days be in the original Shuffle, but in very small capacities (only appearing in one area, only available via in-game trade, etc.). Maybe Shuffle could have the full 275 and the new project ultimately less, but some of the Pokémon that are limited in Shuffle have much broader, fuller representation in the prequel?

EDIT: Also the prequel could have a variety of unique Mega Evolutions, since there's a lot of very legitimate reasons for a Mega to just stop existing, whereas a full species less so.

Perhaps that could happen, but if an area were to disappear or the pokemon is very rare then it is more likely to disappear.

So, then, it sounds like your next step would be to define the shape of prequel Balonce, particularly in terms of which new areas you want to include or old areas to exclude. Usually, when doing a region, the gyms are going to be your primary pacing milestones, so determining number and order of those is a good starting point.

Hope nobody mind me making more new lines, I just make them for fun, so they don't have to be in Shuffle 2 :)

Heicken
Hot Chicken Pokemon
magby.gif

Basic Pokémon
Fire
Ability: Magmalate/Magma Coat (HA: Rally)
Stats: 50/66/47/58/49/60 Total: 330
Appearing on mountains and volcanos, it feeds of small seeds that it finds on the mountainside.

Chickick
Hot Chicken Pokemon
combusken.gif

Evolves from Heicken at level 31
Fire
Stats: 61/74/58/68/55/69 Total: 385
When threatened it quickly kicks the danger away. Sometimes it accidently kicks its young away.

Kickavick
Kick Pokemon
blaziken-mega.gif

Evolves from Chickick when using a Fire Stone
Fire
Stats: 70/100/70/90/80/100 Total: 510
Its powerful kicks have enough force to knock over a Gigagon. It's able to light parts of its legs on fire.

Cannion
Cannon Pokemon
magmortar.gif

Basic Pokemon
Fire/Poison
Ability: Mega Launcher (HA: Solar Power)
Stats: 100/45/84/125/60/75 Total: 489
It stores highly flammable toxins within its body, that it shoots out through its arm cannons.

Magnient
Rusty Magnet Pokemon
magnemite.gif

Basic
Steel
Ability: Levitate
Stats: 60/30/64/55/55/49 Total: 313
It has recently been very popular among young people, because of its ancient look.

Gearold
Rusty Gear Pokemon
klinklang.gif

Evolves from Magnient at level 36
Steel
Ability: Levitate
Stats: 80/40/91/77/77/60 Total: 425
Very popular among artists, Gearold is often used in photoshoots to give the photos an older vibe.

Fashield
Shield Pokemon
shieldon.gif

Basic Pokémon
Steel
Ability: Rock Head (HA: Clear Body)
Stats: 85/78/90/78/90/64 Total: 485
Held Item: Iron Chip 50%
Fashield and Flarat's genetic structures are unusually alike. This allows them to evolve into near identical Pokemon.

Volcashield
Lava Pokemon
heatran.gif

Evolves from Fashield when leveled up holding the Hot Coal
Steel/Fire
Ability: Clear Body
Stats: 105/88/110/88/110/84 Total: 585
Volcashield has higher defense then its counterpart, Volcattack. It is hard to tell them apart.

Flarat
Fire Pokemon
quilava.gif

Basic Pokémon
Fire
Ability: Flash Fire (HA: Clear Body)
Stats: 64/90/78/90/78/85 Total: 485
Held Item: Hot Coal 50%
Fashield and Flarat's genetic structures are unusually alike. This allows them to evolve into near identical Pokemon.

Volcattack
Lava Pokemon
heatran.gif

Evolves from Flarat leveled up holding the Iron Chip
Fire/Steel
Ability: Clear Body
Stats: 84/110/88/110/88/105 Total: 585
Volcattack has higher attack than its counterpart, Volcashield It is hard to tell them apart.

Fashield and Volcashield
1. Hyper Beam
1. Thunder Fang
1. Fire Fang
1. Growl
1. Leer
1.Tackle
1. Defense Curl
1.Harden
5. Headbutt
8. Bide
12. Metal Claw
16. Flame Charge
19. Iron Defense
24. Bite
30. Flame Wheel
35. Iron Head
41. Rock Slide
49. Detect
53. Slash
60. Gyro Ball
66. Explosion
72. Heat Crash

Flarat and Volcattack
1. Close Combat
1. Thunder Fang
1. Fire Fang
1. Growl
1. Leer
1.Tackle
1. Work Up
1. Growl
5. Headbutt
8. Bide
12. Flame Charge
16. Metal Claw
19. Howl
24. Bite
30. Flame Wheel
35. Iron Head
41. Rock Slide
49. Swords Dance
53. Slash
60. Flamethrower
66. Explosion
72. Flare Blitz

So, I really do want to touch upon the increasingly confusing issue of numbering.

Obviously, time is in a knot right now. The sequel predates the original, which is unusual for Pokemon. Also unusual is that, since neither game is actually finished, the two could just as easily be reversed at anytime during production, causing the sequel to be finished first.

The main problem with the Pokemon unique to Shuffle 2 appearing at the end is that it means the people of Balonce's past inexplicably ordered the species based on predicting the future. If Shuffle was an existing, complete property that had to be worked around, that might be excusable, but as it stands we would have to deliberately ignore the status of the prequel in making that decision.

So, my proposal is the Pokedex redesign should account for both a new order and an old order, along the lines of regional dexes, with rigid definitions of what is inside and outside of each. Ultimately, Shuffle 2's system would be the actual "national" order, with Shuffle's being revealed as the regional.

In terms of what the Shuffle 2 order would look like, it would probably have roughly 201 Pokemon in it (200 being a common regional number, seen in GS's Johto, RS's Hoenn, and DP's Sinnoh), with 81 more (inspired by the length of Kalos's introductions) joining it by Shuffle's time.

The Shuffle order could have 228, the original number, with the missing 54 only appearing in the full dex revealed by Shuffle 2. Though, obviously, they might not be the original 228, as things have changed since then.

I like your proposal, Amp! I do think that having Shuffle 1 being incomplete (despite being 98% done) is that if something needs to change we can fix it easily.

There is always room for more catpuns:

Romeow
Lover Pokémon
glameow.gif
meowstic.gif

Basic Pokémon
Normal (Base form)
Normal/Fighting (Zeal form)
[color=ff0000]Ability:[/color] Zeal
Stats: 102/63/50/38/44/58 Total: 355 (Base form)
Stats: 102/63/150/38/144/58 Total: 555 (Ardor form)
Egg Group: Field/Fairy
Held Item: Kee Berry (5%)
Always Male
It is separated from its true love by a great wall. Every day it tries to spring across the wall, but never gets across.

Zeal: While in battle with a Pokémon with Ardor, it changes form and is immune to all status conditions.

Moveset:
1 Close Combat
1 Misty Terrain
1 Glare
1 Helping Hand
1 Scratch
1 Confide
1 Covet
9 Low Sweep
13 Double Team
17 Whiplash
19 Fake Out
22 Disarming Voice
25 Assist
28 Charm
31 Hyper Fang
35 Swords Dance
40 Focus Blast
43 Role Play
45 Snatch
48 Mach Punch
50 Wide Guard
53 Misty Terrain
57 Close Combat

Julicat
Lover Pokémon
skitty.gif
meowstic-f.gif

Basic Pokémon
Normal (Base form)
Normal/Psychic (Ardor form)
[color=ff0000]Ability:[/color] Ardor
Stats: 102/38/44/63/50/58 Total: 355 (Base form)
Stats: 102/138/44/163/50/58 Total: 555 (Ardor form)
Egg Group: Field/Fairy
Held Item: Maranga Berry (5%)
Always Female
It is the west, and Romeow is the east. When the two are united, they become spectacularly different Pokémon.

Ardor: While in battle with a Pokémon with Zeal, it changes form and its stats cannot be lowered by enemies.

1 Moonblast
1 Stored Power
1 Glare
1 Helping Hand
1 Scratch
1 Confide
1 Covet
9 Confusion
13 Double Team
17 Psybeam
19 Fake Out
22 Disarming Voice
25 Assist
28 Charm
31 Hyper Fang
35 Calm Mind
40 Future Sight
43 Role Play
45 Snatch
48 Sucker Punch
50 Wide Guard
53 Stored Power
57 Moonblast

That's 274, now. I'm hoping we can agree to stop at 282, 8 Pokémon away. Which means if Shuffle 2 is meant to include original legendaries, it's probably about that time to post them.

Once all 282 species are in place, then it's time to determine how the Pokédex fits together among the two games. I had suggested 81 Pokémon exclusive to Shuffle, and 54 exclusive to Shuffle 2 - both numbers are precisely engineered to be multiples of 27.

So, Reggie and Steffenka, as project leads for Shuffle 2, each get to select 27 Pokémon from the total catalog of 282 that will be exclusive to Shuffle 2. For the original Shuffle, I also get to pick 27 of my own, in addition to Reggie and Steffenka's 27 each (which are, for obvious reasons, a different 27 than were picked for Shuffle 2), making for the total of 81 exclusives.

Obviously, some common sense needs to be applied to make sure that no one uses their picks to break heavy sections of storyline in a game (such as making Aggresect, Immalive, or Seikoshi exclusive to Shuffle 2). But the distributed approach is meant to ensure that everyone gets a fair say in determining how they're spread throughout the games.

Gralectro
Life Pokémon
vileplume.gif

Grass/Poison
Ability: Immunity
Stats: 80/100/80/100/90/125 Total: 575
This Pokemon is discussed in legends as the Pokemon that helped create humanity. It has the power to create life, and several people have tried to harness this power. All have failed.

Mega Gralectro
Life Pokémon
venusaur-mega.gif

Grass/Electric
Ability: Mold Breaker
Stats: 80/140/110/140/110/95 Total: 675
This Pokemon is discussed in legends as the Pokemon that helped create humanity. It has the power to create life, and several people have tried to harness this power. All have failed.

Main legendary? Our evil team could try to capture this Pokemon and harness its power to make biological weapons. Balonce will unite for the first time in ages in order to stop this team.

I have an idea for a legend as well (not main)

Hydrolord
Aqua Snake Pokemon
gyarados-mega.gif

Basic Pokémon
Water
Ability: Aquatilate
Stats: 100/75/110/85/110/100 Total: 580
This legendary of water is said to live deep underwater. When emerging from underwater, it's often mistaken as a submarine, and therefore not noticed.

I'm a bit confused about how Mega Gralectro works - Life Bringer specifies a hold item, but unless it has unique Mega rules, the only item it can be holding is its Mega Stone. It also only gains 60 BST upon Mega evolving.

To add to Reggies Legend, I have a couple of ideas :)

Bruthos
Strenght Pokemon
rhyperior.gif

Basic Pokémon
Fighting/Rock
Ability: Sheer Force
Stats: 85/155/130/45/110/50 Total: 575
After creating the humans, Gralectro created Bruthos to give them strenght. Now it is said to hide deep within a cave.

Emothos
Emotion Pokemon
banette-mega.gif

Basic Pokémon
Psychic/Ghost
Ability: Prankster
Stats: 85/45/50/155/130/110 Total: 575
After creating the humans, Gralectro created Emothos to give them emotion. Now it is said to hide deep within a cave.

Technos
Knowledge Pokemon
metagross.gif

Basic Pokémon
Steel/Electric
Ability: Download
Stats: 85/45/110/155/130/50 Total: 575
After creating the humans, Gralectro created Technos to give them knowledge. Now it is said to hide deep within a cave.

Also here's the Pokemon I want to be exclusive to Shuffle 2. I know it's not 27, but it's the biggest amount I thought would fit in with the theme.

• - Romeow
    - Julicat
    - Qualige -> Quatrio
    - Cannion
    - Fashield -> Volcashield
    - Flarat -> Volcattack
    - Gralectro
    - Bruthos
    - Emothos
    - Technos
    - Dogsparx -> Zetawave
    - Uvecat -> Catelligent/Darkat

I also have a smaller list of Pokemon I want exclusive to Shuffle

• - Magnient -> Gearold
    - Robopoke (+ Mega) -> Glytch
    - Cybercore -> Varietin -> Transdroid
    - Mysteriguard
    - Mawcrocosm

Pokemon I think shoud be exclusive to Shuffle-
-Phoseghost Line
-Rambug Line
-Robopoke Line
-Cybercore Line
-Douball
-Florlord
-Aerolord
-Hydrolord
-Terralord
-Kuraskami
-Purotenshi
-Seikoshi

And, here's my final two Pokémon. Together with Steffenka's 3, that leaves 1 final slot, enough for one more legendary or an evolution on an existing Pokémon.

Amnesprite
Freezing Pokémon
phione.gif

Basic Pokémon
Water
Ability: Water Veil/Heatproof (HA: White Smoke)
Stats: 80/60/120/20/100/40 Total: 420
Egg Group: Water/Fairy
Held Item: Enigma Berry (5%)
A mythical Pokémon of northern Baloncé. Decades can pass without a single sighting, though when it does appear, it is rarely alone.

Moveset:
1 Water Gun
1 Leer
4 Double Team
10 Astonish
13 Ice Shard
19 Confuse Ray
22 Aqua Jet
25 Amnesia
28 Smelling Salts
31 Captivate
34 Camouflage
37 Aqua Ring
40 Rain Dance
40 Hail
51 Icicle Spear
59 Waterfall

Apophenome
Permafrost Pokémon
froslass.gif

Evolves from Amnesprite in a cold place.
Water/Ice
Stats: 95/75/135/35/115/60 Total: 515
Its body has crystallized giving it more solid form. Its ice crystals refract light, producing illusions that are uncomfortable to look at.

Moveset:
1 Destiny Bond
1 Water Gun
1 Leer
1 Double Team
1 Astonish
4 Double Team
10 Astonish
13 Ice Shard
19 Confuse Ray
22 Aqua Jet
25 Amnesia
28 Smelling Salts
31 Captivate
34 Camouflage
37 Aqua Ring
40 Rain Dance
40 Hail
51 Icicle Spear
59 Waterfall
67 Ice Punch

Amperglyph said:
And, here's my final two Pokémon. Together with Steffenka's 3, that leaves 1 final slot, enough for one more legendary or an evolution on an existing Pokémon.

Amnesprite
Freezing Pokémon
phione.gif

Basic Pokémon
Water
Stats: 80/60/120/20/100/40 Total: 420
A mythical Pokémon of northern Baloncé. Decades can pass without a single sighting, though when it does appear, it is rarely alone.

Moveset:
1 Water Gun
1 Leer
4 Double Team
10 Astonish
13 Ice Shard
19 Confuse Ray
22 Aqua Jet
25 Amnesia
28 Smelling Salts
31 Captivate
34 Camouflage
37 Aqua Ring
40 Rain Dance
40 Hail
51 Icicle Spear
59 Waterfall

Apophenome
Permafrost Pokémon
froslass.gif

Evolves from Amnesprite in a cold place.
Water/Ice
Stats: 95/75/135/35/115/60 Total: 515
Its body has crystallized giving it more solid form. Its ice crystals refract light, producing illusions that are uncomfortable to look at.

Moveset:
1 Destiny Bond
1 Water Gun
1 Leer
1 Double Team
1 Astonish
4 Double Team
10 Astonish
13 Ice Shard
19 Confuse Ray
22 Aqua Jet
25 Amnesia
28 Smelling Salts
31 Captivate
34 Camouflage
37 Aqua Ring
40 Rain Dance
40 Hail
51 Icicle Spear
59 Waterfall
67 Ice Punch

I almost made the Bruthos and co. Phione and Manaphy, but changed it because it felt wrong. Now I know why ;)

Not sure if this should be a legendary or not. It would make sense if it was but we don't have a lot of non evolution non legendaries Pokemon outside of Douball, Romeow, Juicat, and Cannion (Not including Argessect and Flueoeye as they have megas).

Gadroiden (Gado (Guard in Japanese) + droid (Robot) + fighten)
Guardian Pokemon
golurk.gif

Basic Pokémon
Fighting/Steel
Ability: Justified
Stats: 90/140/90/90/90/70 Total: 570
Gadroiden is known for helping small and weak Pokemon. It wears a suit of iron armor to make it better at preforming tasks.

1. Fire Punch
1. Ice Punch
1. Thunder Punch
1. Helping Hand
10. Low Kick
20. Metal Claw
30. Night Slash
40. Cross Chop
50. Iron Head
54. Shadow Ball
58. Gyro Ball
60. Superpower
70. Close Combat
80. Zen Headbutt
90. Dragon Claw
94. Dynamic Punch
98. Earthquake
100. Giga Impact

steffenka said:
I almost made the Bruthos and co. Phione and Manaphy, but changed it because it felt wrong. Now I know why ;)
I'm so glad you didn't. Not because I ended up doing a Phione right afterwards, but because those three are probably officially my favorite legendaries in the Shuffleverse right now. Really solid job of picking non-legendaries with enough gravitas to stand on their own!

Anyway, my ban list is probably going to be pretty divisive, because I'm picking the second starters. Even though I indicated in a few places that the second starters exist because Baloncé was split, that was mostly just a cover story; now that we legitimately have two "generations" of content, the second starters can really act like second starters and head up the second gen section.

Shuffle exclusives:
-Psigic, Sorzard, Wizcheenie
-Damakit, Robbaux, Brutauox
-Pankid, Tsuyunch, Puncharite
-Feracat, Selilon, Leoroar
-Squink, Ammonink
-Plipthon, Aquaconda, Healoserp
-Mhask, Immalive, Dethdemona
-Frutaste, Snakrust, Slurpalm
-Tailiash, Martiail, Whiphurl, Pompunch

The rest of my picks are generally based around Pokémon that have associations with removed locations (Ammonink, Immalive, Whiphurl/Pompunch), or have a specific plotline role in Shuffle that would be unlikely to recur in Shuffle 2 (Selilon/Leoroar).

I am glad that Purifighter, Fightark, and Maragon seem to be recurring in Shuffle 2, because their story in particular seemed like it could really tie in to the prequel's themes and get more expansion there.

Shuffle group: (53/81)
-Psigic, Sorzard, Wizcheenie
-Damakit, Robbaux, Brutauox
-Pankid, Tsuyunch, Puncharite
-Phoseghost, Darghost, Xamatter
-Rambug, Rinercules
-Feracat, Selilon, Leoroar
-Squink, Ammonink
-Plipthon, Aquaconda, Healoserp
-Robopoké, Glytch
-Cybercore, Varietin, Transdroid
-Douball