Pokedex 2.0 - Pokemon with Different Types and Evolutionary Lines! - Completed!

Reggie McGigas said:
How do I get pictures on there?
There's a few choices. One option is to click the redlink that appears where the picture goes and upload the necessary picture. That automatically renames the picture when you do it, which is fairly helpful when the template needs precise picture names.

If you want to upload a bunch of pictures at once, you can use [link=http://shufflepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Special:MultipleUpload]Special:MultipleUpload[/link]. It's fast because you can upload a bunch at once, but you have to make sure the filename is correct before uploading, which kind of sucks.

Also, sorry for going in and finishing the Fightape page, I realize you were trying to use that page to learn how to use the system. I'll make sure not to mess with your next WIP until you're done.

Reggie McGigas said:
Thanks, but I'm wondering how to get it in that template with the Pokemon info.
It's already there in the text - that's why you see "Fightape" and "Mega Fightape" in red where the images should be. But the images themselves aren't on the server. If you click on the text where the images are supposed to be, it asks you to upload the missing images.

Amperglyph said:
Reggie McGigas said:
Thanks, but I'm wondering how to get it in that template with the Pokemon info.
It's already there in the text - that's why you see "Fightape" and "Mega Fightape" in red where the images should be. But the images themselves aren't on the server. If you click on the text where the images are supposed to be, it asks you to upload the missing images.
Got it! The problem was that I needed to add the .gif at the end.

I'll try to make a user there and help too, but I am not a computer person, so I'll most likely just fix stuff, correct grammar mistakes etc. Hope that's okay with y'all :)

steffenka said:
I'll try to make a user there and help too, but I am not a computer person, so I'll most likely just fix stuff, correct grammar mistakes etc. Hope that's okay with y'all :)

Don't worry, it's very easy to pick up on this. I knew nothing about this and I am learning very quickly. If you need any help you can ask me and I can try to help, but Amperglyph is an expert on this so he is probably the best man to ask.

EDIT: Made a Robopoke page but the images aren't showing up again... :p

steffenka said:
Thanks for joining! It's good to see you on board. Even though you struggled with the coding, I noticed you got really detailed with your data entry, like getting the heights and weights right. I appreciate that commitment.

Just a few tips, it looks like you correctly started from the source to copy the page, like I mentioned in a previous post, but you posted it into the visual editor, which caused it to convert all the code into text. You have to select "Edit," ignoring the drop-down menu that comes out of it, and make sure you're posting into the source viewer for it to work. In the Preferences menu you can set it to default to the source viewer; that's how I have it set so I don't forget and use the wrong one.

On the created vs. designed issue, though, I'm open to debate on this one, but my reasoning for using designed instead of created is that no character/Pokémon in the Shuffleverse was truly "created"; they're all pre-existing entities, so I feel that designed more accurately reflects how we're using them.

Reggie: I saw that you put in height and weight values for Glytch, but since the imperial and metric values didn't match, I can't get Essentials to display them, so I changed them to what was previously in my notes. If the height and weight values you provided in feet and pounds were the intended ones, I'll revert the change to your numbers on both the page and in my notes, and make sure the metric conversion matches.

Amperglyph said:
On the created vs. designed issue, though, I'm open to debate on this one, but my reasoning for using designed instead of created is that no character/Pokémon in the Shuffleverse was truly "created"; they're all pre-existing entities, so I feel that designed more accurately reflects how we're using them

I feel like designed sounds like we made the design of the Pokemon, but I see your point. What if it said: "Ideas/Concepts for this line was first posted at *date* by Reggie McGigas" and if any changes were made it could say: "During production this line was changed due to *reasons* or requests made by (example) Amperglyph"?

I think that sounds a little more professional in a way, and it gives a little more backstory to the design/creation of the line.

steffenka said:
I feel like designed sounds like we made the design of the Pokemon, but I see your point. What if it said: "Ideas/Concepts for this line was first posted at *date* by Reggie McGigas" and if any changes were made it could say: "During production this line was changed due to *reasons* or requests made by (example) Amperglyph"?

I think that sounds a little more professional in a way, and it gives a little more backstory to the design/creation of the line.
I think that sounds like a reasonable solution. Since we both have reasons why "designed" and "created" aren't working for us a verbs, a third answer makes sense. August is an existing example of a page that has a more in-depth design history like you're referencing, so that's a good place to work on setting the standard.

Reggie there's a little problem with Monkings stats, as they're 620 instead of 600, as well as Gormagmas stats who has a total of 590 instead of 600.

Also I hope that nobody minds that I changed Blissfly's name to Blisslide (Bliss + Glide), as it imo sounds better than Blissfly

Also Amper how do you put 2 abilities in the ability box in the wikia? :)

steffenka said:
Reggie there's a little problem with Monkings stats, as they're 620 instead of 600, as well as Gormagmas stats who has a total of 590 instead of 600.

Also I hope that nobody minds that I changed Blissfly's name to Blisslide (Bliss + Glide), as it imo sounds better than Blissfly

Also Amper how do you put 2 abilities in the ability box in the wikia? :)
Sorry for taking so long to respond to this one -

On Monking and Gormagma, the stats that I have are 75/117/105/100/75/98 for Monking, and 75/148/70/95/95/107 for Gormagma - both adding up to 590. So, Gormagma's stats stay the same, Monking's features a 30 point reduction. I think it's sensible to meet both of them down at 590, because 600 isn't a BST that tends to be used casually. We've already got 3 pseudolegendary lines (Aerogon, Gigagon, Drafly), which is really par for the course for the amount of Pokémon we have.

And, of course, Steffenka, you can definitely change your own names. Be aware that the "glide" element isn't really readable, it reads as "slide," but that's not necessarily wrong, either.

As for putting in abilities, the abilities work like this:
abilityn= Determines what kind of abilities the Pokémon has. If there's only ever one Ability (like Levitate), this should read 1. If it has 2 abilities and no other abilities, put 2. Use d if it has a hidden ability, m if it has a Mega form, and dm if it has both. If d and/or m is used, you no longer have to specify a number.
ability1= This field determines the first normal ability.
ability2= This field is used for the second normal ability. This is probably the direct answer to your question.
abiliityd= This field is for a hidden ability
abilitym= This field is for a Mega ability

I think there's also abilitym2 which is used for second megas, but we don't have any Pokémon with two Mega evolutions (though Gralectro could reasonably become the first if there's a good concept for it?)

Ermahgerd got the game early guys! Mantay VS. Comonitate!

image_by_steffenka-d86h38i.jpg

Back