PokeBeach's January 2019 PTCGO Tournament, Sponsored by TCGplayer.com!

We still have a couple of matches outstanding, but they will not change the top-cut results, so I'm going to go ahead and post before I go to bed.

Our top cut for January 2019 is:
@Gengar master
@Audiofreak19
@Vaskemaskinen
@SquirtleRules
@Fou-Link
@relyc
@bidou
@Braiden1235
@KK-Swizzle
@Serperior

And here's what the bracket looks like:
SZvhgie.png

@Braiden1235 , @KK-Swizzle , @bidou , and @Serperior please play out your matches as quickly as you are able since there are only your two matches before we get down to top 8. The match needs to be finished by Feb 2, but sooner is better :)

Everyone else, you are free to play once you know your opponent. But you're not on the clock yet ;)

Congratulations and Good luck to all of you!

Table 1: @KK-Swizzle wins 2-1 against @Braiden1235 , tough matchup for him, i got massively outplayed game 1, then he dead drew twice in a row, apologies for the rotten timing. really creative deck that im sure has thrown a lot of people off on the way to top cut!

Wow, you guys knocked out almost every top cut match yesterday. Well done.

Finals are between Serperior and KK-Swizzle (both of whom wouldn't have made cut without the 5-1-1 rule)! Good luck to you both!

Finals: @KK-Swizzle wins 2-0 over @Serperior ... my deck is really tough for yours to deal with, a valiant effort game 1, but I drew pretty smoothly, didn’t prize anything significant, and avoided choking like I did in the finals last March Game 2, chimecho got one more epic troll in, that card single handedly won me like 9 games this tourney. Congrats on the great run with an off beat deck choice, don’t let anyone shame you for playing heavy disruption, it makes for a more diverse meta and is good for the game overall!

Back