PokeBeach's April 2017 PTCGO Tournament, Sponsored by TCGPlayer.com!

Dunno. It actually looks like it. It might be more important now that there are seven rounds. I might just require a score in future tournaments to ensure correct standings.

@normanc

Yes it did; the score is important.

If you're going to lose - make sure it's 2-1. If you're going to win - make sure it's 2-0!

Last edited:
I am unable to start a conversation with my round3 opponent Resistant76, Just started using this forum, not sure if its a bug, or their box is full. Just wanted to check if the problem was on my side

I am unable to start a conversation with my round3 opponent Resistant76, Just started using this forum, not sure if its a bug, or their box is full. Just wanted to check if the problem was on my side

Try it again and if it's not working list out the steps you're taking and where the breakdown is. I was able to message my opponent just fine this morning, and started a test message against yours and it got all the way up to the "Send" point. (I didn't actually send though)

Dunno. It actually looks like it. It might be more important now that there are seven rounds. I might just require a score in future tournaments to ensure correct standings.

Or remove that as a tiebreaker if it wasn't intended to be one.

I am getting this error: You may not start a conversation with the following participant. I included a screenshot below

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    11.5 KB · Views: 10
@Hansel, that player must have privacy settings turned on to disable messages from "Random" people. (Similar to how you have your profile blocked so no one can see it) I would message @PMJ and tag @Resistant76 so that they both know you've tried to reach out with the 24 hours that we are supposed to have messaged our opponents by. Also, you can try writing on his profile wall to let him know you're trying to reach him. Profile wall posts are public so don't write anything that you don't want the internet to know about.
His profile link: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/members/resistant76.122303/

Or remove that as a tiebreaker if it wasn't intended to be one.

I can't. That's a limit of Challonge. Challonge gives seven different ways to break ties, with three priorities with which to rank them.

Currently, ties are broken by match wins (1), Median-Buchholz system (2), and wins vs. tied participants (3). Prioritizing them like this eliminates the problem with the way that Challonge handles byes. Honestly, the whole program is ass, but I'm not aware of any other free tournament software that would be helpful. If anyone has any suggestions for a replacement program, I'm all ears.

I have never seen the all the tiebreakers fail before. It could be a fluke, but that's no reason to not get accurate scoring in the first place. I'll keep an eye on it at the tournament's end and see what's up.

In the meantime, everyone please make sure to provide the score of your match.

@Hansel, that player must have privacy settings turned on to disable messages from "Random" people. (Similar to how you have your profile blocked so no one can see it) I would message @PMJ and tag @Resistant76 so that they both know you've tried to reach out with the 24 hours that we are supposed to have messaged our opponents by. Also, you can try writing on his profile wall to let him know you're trying to reach him. Profile wall posts are public so don't write anything that you don't want the internet to know about.
His profile link: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/members/resistant76.122303/

You must have private messages enabled to participate in this tournament. All match scheduling must be done through PokeBeach. Players found to be in violation of this are subject to punishment up to and including being dropped from the tournament.

Trust me, the current setup is probably the best configuration. Providing your match score isn't onerous.

Ties are broken thus; if two players are on the same Score and Buchholz and they played each other during the course of the tournament, the winner of that game will place higher (with a TB of 1). Otherwise, the program will look at the Points Difference to decide who places higher.

Those are enough hoops to jump through for hosting a smooth, functioning tournament.

There is still a problem with the way the system handles dropped players, but there's nothing the TOs can do to fix it - it's a Challonge problem. Plus, I don't know of many alternative bracket generators that are half-decent.

In other news @PMJ;

@WastedSkyPirate 2-0 @Coolpilot

GGs pal. Good luck in the rest of the tournament.

Back