Discussion Pokebeach SM Global Mission Experience Thread(plus Final and Projected Outcomes of such missions)

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
I realized there was no thread about global missions, so I decided to make one. Opinions on global missions? Experiences? Don't be shy. If it's ok w/ you, why not post them here?

Outcomes:

Mission #1: Catch a lot of Pokémon:
Began: 29th November 2016 00:00:01 UTC
Ended on: 12th December 2016 23:59:59 UTC
Goal: 100 million
Final: 16,423,231
Outcome: Failure!

Mission #2: Find Pokémon using Island Scan
Began: 27th December 2016 00:00 UTC
Ended on: 9th January 2017 23:59:59 UTC
Goal: 1 million
Final: 661,839
Outcome: Failure!

Experiences:

Section to be expanded as pages grow so that viewing a page you want to view may be too cumbersome to get to(such as middle-of-the-ellipse of page range)

Now, if you have any experiences, tell away, along with how much you contributed toward the goal! Also, be on the lookout for running totals of global mission results, and they will be updated over time...

Example of experience:

Mission#2: Find Pokémon using Island Scan
Goal: 1 million
Pokémon scanned: Magearna, (pokemon name unknown), (pokemon name unknown),(pokemon name unknown),(pokemon name unknown),(pokemon name unknown),(pokemon name unknown),(pokemon name unknown), (pokemon name unknown)
Island scan result: Capture!
Total contributed: 1
Total at time of post: 649,620

^ A rough idea on posting experience of mission no. 2... Note that depending on mission, different information may be needed...

Updated last: 9:04 pm MST on: Jan 9th, 2017 for reason of: Final outcome for mission#2

Last edited:
AFAIK the problem is that the timings are a little bit off; e.g. many players had already completed the game when the catching mission started, and festival coins are not very appealing as prizes so people don't have enough motivation to complete them.
I don't know if this applies everywhere, but in China many websites and mobile apps use randomly generated QR codes as temporary identifier (like the Web WeChat login page). All you need to do is scan, refresh, scan, refresh... It's really easy actually and I did 18 island scans during mission 2, but some of my friends still think it not worthy to deliberately scan codes for the mission.

Back