PokeBeach Podcast: Major Set Reveals This Weekend, Black & White Era Returning?

Im Absolutely Ecstatic To See Ace Specs Back,Cant Wait To See If They'll Bring Back More Gen 5 TCG Concepts To The Table Next Year!

there are a lot of dumb "word on card" mechanics that I don't like but I love Ace Spec. I love the idea of making really really powerful trainer cards Ace Specs

Probably won't start appearing until the Terapagos ex which ought to be SV11, but I wonder if they'll implement Stellar Type as a subcategory of Tera Pokemon ex. Perhaps something similar to Crystal Type from way back when? Not quite how it works in the games, but when has that stopped the TCG?

Probably won't start appearing until the Terapagos ex which ought to be SV11, but I wonder if they'll implement Stellar Type as a subcategory of Tera Pokemon ex. Perhaps something similar to Crystal Type from way back when? Not quite how it works in the games, but when has that stopped the TCG?
Stellar Tera Type is a bit funky in the video games, it’s more offense-aligned than normal Tera Types which can provide offensive and defensive support. The most notable effects are a one-time 1.2x boost to attacks (unless you’re in a Tera Raid where the boost is permanent), changing the effects of Tera Blast (hits all Terastallized targets for super-effective damage and drops their Attack and Special Attack stats by one). As far as cons go you’re basically stuck with a Pokémon‘s original weaknesses when they’re Terastallized into the Stellar Tera Type.

Yeah, I'm pretty confident Stellar type will make it to the TCG, but will be little if anything like its video game counterpart, which like you said, is normal for the TCG. I mean, the Tera effect in the TCG (immune to bench damage) has no basis in the games at all.

33:47 Are you publishing a book? Maybe even directing an official series? “One day that knowledge is going to be out there” is mysterious indeed!

ALAKAZAM! once again a great episode this week! I do quite like the gold cards, especially the item ones, but I believe they should all be like the ones in crown zenith, they're truly the best gold cards possible! It's possible the milk carton box is just something completely random, and we don't know yet, like it could be a future or ancient supporter. Really enjoyed listening, and can't wait to listen next week as well!

Back