#pokebeach.com

Would you like #pokebeach.com to go to dreamlight.zapto.org (server)?

• I'll check the new server out

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ditto

Aspiring Trainer
By making this thread I am asking either DRK176 or WPM to read this. I know a lot of people care about the chat, though it is not one of the most popular parts of the site. I want someone to move the channel to the server dreamlight.zapto.org. That would be a big help and is also a good idea. Ex.: the ircops in dejatoons have given up on spammers and trolls. If you type /Motd (message of the day) or /Rules, you will see that the file is missing. So if DRK or WPM see this, please move the java applet and chat to dreamlight.zapto.org please.

Well probably alot of u want them to move the server but I doubt they will. Plus moving the sever would cause the los of our Half Op Satoshi-Kun who we really need around there.

Silver said:
He does various servers on Dejatoons. If we leave he won't be coming.

There are different server such as windfyre, dejatoons, and systemnet. By typing /server -m irc.systemnet.info (saying you are already on dejatoons) you can go to systemnet, but stay on dejatoons. So Satoshi-Kun can go to dreamlight. I know he already is on both dejatoons and systemnet >_<

Ok, if you're saying so much that we can jump servers then what's the problem? Can't you just jump servers and the problem would be solved.

#Pokebeach.com is a channel, "located" in a server. The current server seems to be dying, so he's suggesting to move the channel to a different one. The fact that people can log onto different servers at once only applies to Satoshi, who would be able to access the channel, no matter what server it's on, so no, if you, the user of the applet, were to jump servers, the problem pertaining to the current location of the channel wouldn't be solved, in fact, it's pretty much irrelevant to Java users.

Though, someone would have to edit the guide, and he'd have to change the values of the param tags.

Well then for some reason in the Chat he was insisting that I could jup servers and kept trying to tell me I could. I persisted to tell him but he wouldn't give up. Now my point is proven that normal people can jump servers. But for some reason he was going on about how he could.

The point is, I want #pokebeach.com in dreamlight.zapto.org. That would be a big help. And Imperialdragon, you're right and if I get wpm to change the code to

<param name="host" value="dreamlight.zapto.org">

Ever think that might make it inconvenient for other people? Maybe there are other channels that they go on, on Dejatoons. It would kinda be unfair if one personn womplained to change it and other people who have been going to other places don't get to anymore.

Just because the MOTD file is missing doesn't mean that they have given up. Most of the time it is there, but on some occasions, it isn't. Most of the people that we get as spammers join through the Java chat we have, not from joins on the network itself, so I don't see how moving it would do anything for us, if that is the problem you are concerned about. We are not having as much of a problem with people trying to cause trouble as we could be.

Oh, hi. Glad you replied. Note that the rules file is also missing. IRCops are mad at pokechats. On this night #help is going nuts and opers hate spp and wanna close it. Serebii is there arguing too, look-
[18:36:02] [@OrGoN3] if a poketard gets in this category, the whole damn room comes in here I love you at us

... did someone edit that post.... what ever, the point is that I want pokebeach to move to a server that has beeter ircops and no pokemon haters. Maybe irc.purplesurge.com where #spp moved :\

Yeah, let's go stalk SPP and go to a server where all Pokémon-related nicks have been registered...

I don't see the point in moving when we don't really have to, when the IRCops are going all mental on us, we'll move, but now they're pretty much doing nothing, so I don't see why we should do anything.

I think we should move, but we should move to a new server. I think dreamlight.zapto.org would be a great new server. The only few pokemon nick names that have been registered are probably magicmew and ditto. Also, we'll be the only pokemon related channel on the server!!! Well... please think about it :)

If we moved the only thing I would miss is being able to troll (SPP) and chat at the same time without great difficulty.

Other than that. I am all for it.

I think Absol, Zapdos and Dragonite are registered in Dreamlight too. But whatever, it's less than 493 Pokémon names. Plus, it has cool symbols like & for SOP and ~ for QOP. :p

However, c-m is right - the IRCOps did nothing to us except that one of these days they wanted to /kill all Pokemon-related channels, thought that weren't just for us.

However too, Ditto is right too - the Message of the Day and the Rules are down and the IRCOps are almost giving up :(

In my humble opinion, abbreviations like IMHO and IMO stink.
In my another humble opinion, we should move in my opinion.

I'll try to see which Pokemon nicks are registered. It would help nothing knowing that NurseJoy is registered :p

I'm sure there are lots of people that want it to move but they can't go everywhere. :/

Erm, anyone can go everywhere except if they are using the Java applet. In that case, the applet's code just needs to be changed to connect to the new server instead of Dejatoons.

In mIRC, you can go to 2+ servers using /server -m instead of /server. I can take a screenshot of me on 4 servers at the same time anytime.

You can also just do not be in DejaToons.

Back