Writing PokéPoetry! I (Winner Announced: Congratulations, Drohn!)

RE: PokéPoetry! #1 (Sign Ups)

...or I could mention how Victini always choked on macarons in Movie 14. I lost it, there. :D

Oh, everyone, this thread also functions as a discussion thread for poem ideas and whatnot.

I got Grumpig... GRUMPIG... >.>

Researched a bit about it, earlier today, and got started on my poem. First draft didn't turn out that well, second draft was better, so I'll probably play around with it more tonight.

I have a rough draft of mine written now. I really like it, although the rhyme scheme is pretty different and I've never written poetry for fun. I must say that it was fun to write this. I think I'll stick with my first copy since it sounds pretty cool. How is everyone else holding up?

RE: PokéPoetry! #1

Although I don't know a lot about Sawk, there's a lot to fit in... It's going to be a challenge making a Cinquain about it. No matter, that's what makes things interesting :p

Musharna.. Never used it. xD I was hoping for Charizard! Musharna isn't bad though. :p

I think Musharna is a great Pokemon for a poem due to the large amount of ways you can explore the topic of dreams. I haven't started my poem yet due to irl happenings, but I'll try and make sure to live up to Squirtle's class :D

epic-squirtle.gif

Can't wait to post my poem! Only a few more days :p

Eagle4 said:
I think Musharna is a great Pokemon for a poem due to the large amount of ways you can explore the topic of dreams. I haven't started my poem yet due to irl happenings, but I'll try and make sure to live up to Squirtle's class :D

epic-squirtle.gif

I wish GIFs could make noise... I want to hear the familiar "Squirtle Squirtle!"...

Anyway, I haven't started the specific poem yet, but I have gone through, writing a paragraph description of Walrein then writing any other interesting info, marked about half of it out, out it into three lines; Five syllables, 7 syllables and 5 syllables and am ready to post it when the time comes... But I still haven't started my poem on Seel yet...

Eagle4 said:
Discarded Squirtle

The sand creases beneath my weak feet,
As the waves cascade against the shore.
I land on my back, my shell still cracked,
Wishing that I had given more.

An outcast, a misfit, is what I have become;
Discarded by my trainer, neglected by most.
I wander without hand around this desolate land,
A lonesome figure set against the dying coast.

I lie down as the sun creeps under,
Fading away to unsettling black,
I close my eyes as tears subside,
Dreaming of the comfort I lack.

I wake up in idyllic fashion;
Hands and warmth smother me close.
Upwards I peek and I'm met with the cheek
Of a friendly figure who can cure my woes.

I am led to a prestigous laboratory,
(Best in the region, I am told),
And after a few tests and a large number of guests
I am put in a Poke-ball and behold!

A trainer strides into the welcoming room,
And is given a Pokedex to carry,
He takes one look and twas me that he took!
He goes by the name of Gary.

Hope the poem isn't too subtle in the references.

Please be sure to include this in your reserved post on page one, or it will not be accepted.

Finished my poem about Musharna! It's quite short, but my first poem.. :D

I won't be able to get in my poem, something came up and I didn't have time to write it. Sorry! :/

Be sure to submit your poem by 11:59 EST, or you will be disqualified! I'll post mine tonight.

So,

Morsus, RG and Lvl100Bidoof couldn't do theirs?

K then. Well, I guess Drohn wins!

I think everyone voted that has participated. We already know the winner, too! I'll save my congrats for the very end though :x

RE: PokéPoetry! #1 (Winner Announced: Congratulations, Drohn!)

Wow, thank you everyone for the votes! I did not expect to win with the first poem I wrote; especially with all the great poems that were posted!

I am very happy, however, and this got me thinking to keep working on poems in the future! :D

Thank you again everyone! Also; [smod]Ice Arceus[/smod] for convincing me to participate!

Back