Finished Pokémon Vigilantes: A Time For Justice - Game Over! Innos Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
The Pokémon village of Mura is a peaceful, quiet place where many wild Pokémon choose to live. Together, they have become friends, neighbors, and even family, building a community of inclusion and harmony. Any Pokémon is welcome to join the community, so long as they do not threaten to disturb the peace. Unfortunately for Mura, the peace would not last.

No community can stay tranquil forever. As Mura grew, it attracted residents of a shadier nature. These vile Pokémon would attack their victims in the middle of the night, stealing from them or just injuring them for fun. Eventually they banded together to form a vicious gang.

The good residents of Mura planned a town council meeting and invited members of the community to come and discuss the situation of the gang and what could be done about it. In another town, in other times, they might have formed a committee to establish a voting procedure to lynch various townspeople until the culprits had been lost, but such a process seemed time consuming and prone to failure. Instead, the Pokémon villagers of Mura decided to take matters into their own hands, vigilante style. Justice was coming.

Pokémon Vigilantes: A Time For Justice

Overview

Welcome to Pokémon Vigilantes, a mafia/WW-like game hosted by your good friend Athena. PV is similar to mafia games in that it contains an informed minority (scum) and an uninformed minority (town), and day and night phases. The biggest difference: there's no lynch. Instead, each player has a single vigilante shot they can use during the day phase to shoot and kill another player of their choice. Think someone is scum? Don't waste time deliberating; just shoot them.

There are variations on this game that can include various roles and things (mostly things that modify the shots), but for the sake of trying out to see how this kind of game works here, this one will be simple with no abilities aside from the day shots (which everyone gets, town and scum alike) and the scum's nightkill.

Game Progression

The game will start with Day 1. During the Day phase people are allowed to post in thread and discuss whatever they like, but no out-of-thread communication is allowed, except for the scum who will be allowed to communicate on their sideboard. Day phase is, of course, when the shooting happens.

To shoot someone, use the format ##verb: playername. Once a player is shot, they immediately die and are not allowed to post anymore in thread (or on the sideboard if scum), but all other players are allowed to continue talking (and/or shooting). As such, there is no unshooting. The GM will process the death and post the player's rolename and affiliation publicly in the thread as soon as she is able. Each player may only shoot once during the Day phase. Once you shoot someone, you cannot shoot again until the next Day.

Day phase will last 3 days (72 hours) unless or until the majority of living players votes for the Day to end. You may do such by typing ##day end in thread. If you change your mind at any point you can type ##day continue to have your vote removed. Once there is a majority for for Day end, no further shooting can happen and the GM will call Night as soon as she is available to do so. Once the GM calls Night, the Night phase begins.

Night phase lasts for 24 hours. During this time, the scum will choose their nightkill. After the 24 hours is over, the GM will post the nightkill in thread and the next Day phase will begin.

Town wins by eliminating all the scum. Scum wins by outnumbering the town.

If you have any questions, please ask!

Rules
1) The GM is always right.
2) No outside communication about the game is allowed, so no PMs, Skype talk, etc. Scum gets an assigned sideboard, but otherwise they must follow the same rules.
3) Once the game starts, no "likes" of game posts are allowed for living or dead players.
4) You are not allowed to quote the GM. If you must share my words with the thread, paraphrase them.
5) No talking after death, and that starts immediately after you've been shot.
6) No shooting after the nightfall vote has reached majority.
7) If you break any of these rules, you will be modkilled. Let's keep the game fun for everyone. <3
8) I reserve the right to add further rules at any point if I realize I've forgotten something. If I do add any rules, though, I'll post about it so you can check.

Sign-Ups!

To sign up, please post in this thread indicating your desire to join. You must also include a Pokémon and its chosen move. The Pokémon will not necessary be yours, but will be assigned randomly as part of role distribution. You may not choose the same Pokémon or the same move as another player.

This game can run with any number of people, but the more the merrier!

1. Drohn Krookodile (inno)
  2. Mr. Muffin
  3. PMJ Slefable (inno)
  4. Jeremy1026 Scraggy (scum)
  5. Ice Espeon
  6. Keeper of Night Aipom (inno)
  7. Teal Hawlucha (inno)
  8. Celever Lickilicky (scum)
  9. Scorched Feathers
  10. Machamp the Champion Magikarp (inno)
  11. Palutena Gallade (inno)
  12. bigfootaus Machamp (inno)
  13. Luis
  14. Wailord_2
  15. rev3rsor Picju (inno)
  16. Omega Soul Greninja (inno)
  17. alex Wailord (scum)

RE: Pokémon Vigilantes: A Time For Justice - sign-ups open!

Jeremy1026 said:
Sign me up, please.

Please pick a Pokémon and move so I can sign you up properly; thanks! <3

Athena said:
To sign up, please post in this thread indicating your desire to join. You must also include a Pokémon and its chosen move.

Looks like a great game! I'll give others the chance to play first, so sign me up as a substitute with Charizard - Flamethrower, please. <3

You don't get to pick a Pokémon if you're going to sub, since you'd be taking over the other person's Pokémon. If you want to include Charizard, you'll have to play for real. :p There's no player limit, so feel free to join! :D

Oh in that case, I'm in. :D

I am in without even reading what this thread is about because JUSTICE.

Smearlge and I want my move to be Thunder.

Sounds like a fun game :D

Now that I've read the OP, I choose Mawile, of course, with Play Rough. <3

I even read the OP! My bad.

Scyther - Night Slash

Magikarp with Splash (I'm sorry :p).

I can see it happening already...

"Night update: The powerful Charizard was quickly killed by a Splash attack from Magikarp."

Ice Espeon said:
Magikarp with Splash (I'm sorry :p).

I've been waiting/hoping for someone to do this. :p

In, but two questions before I choose a Pokémon:
Are the Pokémon and moves purely for flavour?
Is there no way to determine whther a player is town or scum besides their posts?

In.

Scraggy - Headbutt

Athena said:
There's no player limit, so feel free to join! :D

If we can't duplicate pokemon, isn't there a limit of 719 players ;).

RE: Pokémon Vigilantes: A Time For Justice

Celever said:
In, but two questions before I choose a Pokémon:
Are the Pokémon and moves purely for flavour?]

Yes.

Is there no way to determine whther a player is town or scum besides their posts?

There's also actions. Everyone has a role! That role just happens to be the same for everyone: day phase vigilante.

Jeremy1026 said:
Athena said:
There's no player limit, so feel free to join! :D

If we can't duplicate pokemon, isn't there a limit of 719 players ;).

If we actually got 719 sign-ups of legitimate players, I would begin to allow people to have duplicates.

Please can someone enter with a Jynx with Lovely Kiss? That would be the single worst way to die ever.

(Image found by Teal)
Lorelei_Jynx_Lovely_Kiss_PM.png

Ok, I'll take an Aipom with Tickle. 3-hand action, and all the mobility to get in just the worst places! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back