Pokémon Trading Card Game Online (PTCGO) Sunsets June 5th

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Pokemon has officially announced the end of support and the sunset date for the Pokemon Trading Card Game Online (PTCGO). Its apps will be removed from the Google Play Store, the App Store, and from Pokemon.com on 5 June 2023 at 9am Pacific Time. At that time, the game’s servers will go offline.
In order to continue to play the Pokémon Trading Card Game with other players in a digital setting, players will need to migrate to the new Pokémon Trading Card Game Live (TCGL).
Most codes that would have been redeemable in PTCGO will continue to be redeemable in TCG Live.
The full text of the Pokemon’s Letter to the Community follows below.
Dear Pokémon TCG fans,
At the end of January, we announced that digital Pokémon TCG products launched after March 1 would no...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Very on brand for PTCGL. "As a thanks for putting up with our completely garbage beta that is still utterly broken and filled with bugs and glitches even after well over a year, here are some absolutely hideous in-game accessories for you. No crystals, no credits, just ugly as sin sleeves that none of you will use!"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY PTCGO ACCOUNT LITERALLY WONT MIGRATE I CANT GET LIVE TO WORK!!! :(

At least fix the ugly ass avatars and optimize for desktop instead of mobile... I will only migrate because I'm forced to, not because I want to. Also what about the BW- Sun and Moon cards? I didn't get a playset of golden Switches and golden items just for them to go to waste.
they are still in the system. "once they have given support" for BW and XY cards, we will get our previous cards from those eras onto live

At least fix the ugly ass avatars and optimize for desktop instead of mobile... I will only migrate because I'm forced to, not because I want to. Also what about the BW- Sun and Moon cards? I didn't get a playset of golden Switches and golden items just for them to go to waste.
Anything that has been reprinted, you can use. Right now I'm using FTC Shauna full art and PLB Ultra Balls. Also all SM cards are playable in expanded.
On top of all the bugs, lack of decent UI, and questionable design choices, isn’t Expanded format still missing 2 generations of cards that are probably being coded right now?
The fact we're missing BW and XY is upsetting. Their functions must be coded in since nothings changed, besides interactions with newer cards. Its probably because the game has so many bugs already, adding gen 5+6 would add even more on top.

Although, SM onwards is an interesting format. I would like to see them adding LTMs like an official GLC, block/gen formats, or even a Rule Box Only format.

I will only migrate because I'm forced to, not because I want to. Also what about the BW- Sun and Moon cards? I didn't get a playset of golden Switches and golden items just for them to go to waste.
Any cards that work in standard has all their own arts that are from BW and forward, meaning, Gold Switch from PRC will work. Super Rod from Dragon Vault will work after SV2 reprints Super Rod, etc etc.
Don't hold your breath for true expanded. There has not been a tournament for that for years, and it will probably stay that way for the foreseeable future.

No way they'll be able to fix Live for June 8 at the pace they've been going.
This annoying Metal Pokemon sound glitch has been ignored for the past 3 patches. LOL

If a card was reprinted in SM or later, it works in the game, including versions from before SM. You can use any Standard-legal card from BW-on already.

No way they'll be able to fix Live for June 8 at the pace they've been going.
This annoying Metal Pokemon sound glitch has been ignored for the past 3 patches. LOL
They've had much bigger issues to deal with, so it'll probably be on the back burner until the game is playable. I know that they should have enough money to hire a team to fix each individual glitch, but that's not happening.

Back