TCG Fakes Pokémon Through Time! [Sign Up Here!]

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Bulbasaur Through Time HP: 50 [G]
Basic You can't have more than 2 Bulbasaur Through Time in your deck.
View attachment 8733 View attachment 8734 View attachment 8735 View attachment 8736 View attachment 8737 View attachment 8738
[G] Leech Seed 10
Heal 10 damage from this Pokémon.

[G][C] Temporal Aroma
Unless Bulbasaur Through Time is exactly 10 HP from being Knocked out, Search your deck for a basic energy card and put it into timeshift. [you must have timeshift in play in order to use this attack.] Shuffle your deck afterward.

Weakness: [R] x2
Resistance: [W] -20
Retreat: 1
So there's the mechanic of my new brainchild. The set/project is called Pokémon through time. And the idea behind it is to create Pokémon that create an alternate wincon. The idea is to create a Pokédex involving each Pokémon through time.

The Through Time and Timeshift Mechanic
images

Play this card onto your bench. This card is not a Pokémon. This card cannot be affected by a trainer card, status condition, or damaged. When this card is on your bench, you may attach cards to it using an attack or ability of a Pokémon Through Time. When you have 5 or more cards attached to This card, you may discard 5 of them. If you do, draw 1 Prize card. You can't have more than 1 Timeshift in play at a time.
So the idea is to use these Pokémon Through Time to create an alternate win condition. Pokémon Through Time themselves are special Pokémon that you can only have 2 of each in your deck, and they are the only way to place cards into Timeshift. So my [maybe ours, person reading this] is to create a Pokédex [All 720 Pokémon] Through Time. Now, some of you may be thinking along the lines of: "Draw a prize? This is OP!!!1!1!" but realistically, to take 6 prize cards using Timeshift, you have to throw half your deck into it.

Where you [Yes you] come in!
This is a Massive undertaking, so I'm open [and asking you guys] for help!

Rules:
1) Text or Image based cards are fine. I'm a text faker, so I have no clue how to create the Through Time font in image, sorry! D:
2) No Pokémon-EX. I don't like them, so I'm choosing not to include them. This has the unfortunate side effect of removing Mega Evolutions.

1) TDK thegrovylekid
2) THIS COULD BE YOU

Enjoy!

Last edited:
I currently see a primary flaw with the prize taking thing. Unless I read correctly, you can take a prize if there is a five cards attach to the pokemon. In this format that is very, very easy, with things like Bronzong, Blastoise, Growth + Aromatisse, etc.

I am so confused right now. Could you try and explain your idea better?

And no Pokemon-EX just because you don't like them seems like a bad excuse for a rule, but whatever. If you could provide a good argument as to why Pokemon-EX should be banned I would take this project more seriously.

I currently see a primary flaw with the prize taking thing. Unless I read correctly, you can take a prize if there is a five cards attach to the pokemon. In this format that is very, very easy, with things like Bronzong, Blastoise, Growth + Aromatisse, etc.
I don't think that's how it works. Timeshift is a card you put into play on your Bench and it's not a Pokémon. You can take a Prize if there are 5 cards attached to Timeshift, not to a Pokémon. The only way to attach to it is through the attacks/abilities of the "Pokémon Through Time" (and you have to discard those cards). It's not a valid target for other Attacks/Abilities or Trainers or anything like that.

(I'm also not sure whether going through that whole process every turn is actually very, very, easy compared to setting up Mega Rayquaza and using Emerald Break for 240 a turn, or streaming Raichu with Muscle Band for 180 a turn, etc - personally, I think a lot of the attacks in the current format are easier to set up in such a way that you could take multiple Prizes in a turn than it would be to get 5 new cards attached to something every single turn even if you could use the ability of a Bronzong, Blastoise, Aromatisse)

Interesting idea for an alternate way of taking Prize cards. I like it. Depending on how easy/hard it is to get cards attached to Timeshift it might even be underpowered to be honest.

I am so confused right now. Could you try and explain your idea better?

And no Pokemon-EX just because you don't like them seems like a bad excuse for a rule, but whatever. If you could provide a good argument as to why Pokemon-EX should be banned I would take this project more seriously.
*Takes a Deep Breath*
I tried to work Pokémon-EX into this. I really did. The only problem is keeping them up with modern Pokémon-EX power-wise while still trying to have them use timeshift ended up being very counterintuitive when you're taking prizes with attacks. For instance, here's what I came up with in a practice:
Through Time][/I]
Mew EX Through Time HP: 130 [P]
Basic You can't have more than 2 Mew EX Through Time in your deck.
151.png 151-1.png 151-2.png 151-3.png 151.gif 151-1.gif

Ability: Time Link
Oncde during your turn, [Before you attack] you may discard an energy card attached to Mew EX Through Time. If you do, search your deck for Timeshift and place it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[P][C] Psychic 90+
This attack does 20 more damage for each energy attached to your opponent's active Pokémon.

Pokémon EX Rule: When a Pokémon EX is knocked out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: 1

So the first problem with this is the large amount of extra rules thrown onto this card. [As spoon has said: "Dear mother of unnecessary rules clarifications!" There's the Through Time rule and then the extra Pokémon-EX rule. Imagine trying to fit so many rules blurbs onto an average card, then add all the attacks. The ability and attacks themselves have to have little to no text to work at all! Then there's also the reason that because you are usually throwing cards into timeshift to try to win, it's counterintuitive to have your opponent take multiple prizes, thus reducing the amount of time that you have to win via Timeshift. For these reasons, I am opting Pokémon EX and M Pokémon EX out of this project.

I'll be doing this even if nobody else is. Also...
Timeshift_Decromancy-1.jpg
I'll be doing it image-based :D

If my inability to use GIMP and instead resort to online generators annoys you, then sorry. I want to have some fun with this, and image based attracts more attention then text-based.

Also, as to not annoy IA...
Bulbasaur_Through_Time_Decromancer.jpg
Charmander_TT_Dekromancy.jpg
Yeah, Charmander Through Time doesn't fit. Dx Don't hate me please.
Squirtle_Through_Time_Deckromancy.jpg
Next cards will be up tomorrow! That gives you guys some time to yell at me because I forgot to capitalize something.

I'd rather you use gimp/photoshop than an online generator. And text based gets more attention than image generator'd cards as well, FYI.

I must agree with Reggie; generators aren't professional at all. I've Photoshoppified the Timeshift card because of a stroke of inspiration, but I encourage you to learn GIMP or Photoshop. I'd be happy to help if needed. :)

KtjjJjn.png

I know that when ever I see a set that is all generated I sorta put it down to my "least priorities" list and just don't both looking. Plus, text gives you fancy gifs that actually look quite neat! :D

But yeah, if you'd like to do a collab, I'm sure there would be more avid image fakers around here that could help you make the cards if you post the spoilers.

Back