Writing Pokémon: The Guardian's Gift. Chapter 2 FINALLY up!

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
Hi! This is a story I dreamt about a few weeks ago, and wanted to write it and give it continuity. I dreamt it with the character's being friends of mine, but logically I'll change the names.

The Guardian's Gift

Table of contents:
  • Prologue
  • Part One: The Quest for The Stones
  • Chapter One - The Discovery
  • Chapter Two - The Awakening
  • Chapter Three- The First Battle {Coming soon}

Prologue

It was a day like any other in the Sinnoh Region in the Pokémon World. Everything seemed to be extremely normal; except for one single thing: an unusually dark cloud shaped like an arrow was slowly approaching Sinnoh from the west. No one seemed to know exactly what was that about: some said it was a very powerful electric storm, other speculated a volcano made eruption on the far west of the planet; no one knew certainly. All of them were wrong; all but one. At the Summit of Mt. Coronet, Arceus observed the cloud carefully, and eventually found out its origin. This was the first time the Pokémon god was ever truly worried, so he immediately made the call to the Guardians, so they get to the Spear Pillar at the moment.

The Guardians were an advanced team of Legendary Pokémon that that was assembled destroy an evil force that came upon the Pokémon World hundreds of years ago, and included a variety of Pokémon, all leaded by Arceus itself: Latios, Latias, Cresselia, Darkrai, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Ho-Oh, Jirachi, Keldeo, Virizion and Victini. They all got to the Spear Pillar the moment Arceous made the call, and so the reunion began.

"Welcome, my fellow Guardians" Arceus began speaking, with a tone of danger in its voice. "There has been a long time since we last gathered here, so you must know that the reason I called you is not good." An abysmal silence reigned in the room. "The dark cloud that is coming towards us was tracked down to come from the Unova Region, where Team Plasma has been causing havoc upon the region since a mysterious Pokémon is leading them. The only thing we know for sure about Team Plasma’s leader is that is not from Unova, and it came from another region just to re-awaken Team Plasma and recruit not only grunts, but also powerful Pokémon, including one of our Guardians: Genesect."

All the Guardians looked at each other, completely shocked.

"That’s… impossible!" Victini shouted. "How could Team Plasma capture Genesect again?!"

"I’m not aware of the details of its capture," said Arceus, disappointed at itself. "but I believe they plan on taking advantage of the cannon they planted on Genesect’s back the first time."

"And what are we going to do, Arceus?" asked Cresselia.

"We shall go to the Unova region," Arceus said "rescue Genesect and defeat whatever Pokémon that’s behind this."

In the moment Arceus finished that sentence, an army of thousands and thousands of Pawniard fell from the Dark Cloud that was already on top of Spear Pillar and started attacking the Guardians, while trying to prison them in some sort of energy cells that fell on every other Pawniard when a Guardian dodges them.

"All of you, hold on!"

Those were the last words the Guardians heard from Arceus before it teleported themselves to a secret chamber deep below Mt. Coronet, where there was some kind of gate made of rocks. It was a portal.

"We have no time to lose; you shall hide your powers somewhere they can’t find them easily-warned Arceus. Channel them into these." Arceus raised some very particular stones from the chamber’s soil and lifted them into the air. "These are Morphing Stones. They adapt to whatever situation their owner need them to. There’s one for each of you."

"And what about you, Arceus?" Asked Darkrai, a little skeptical. "Where are you going to hide for them not to find you?"

"I’ll go with the stones. When going through the portal, I’ll have them with me." Said Arceus, worried they could find them anytime now. "Now, channel your powers into the Stones."

The twelve Guardians shined on a bright light that passed into each of their Stones as the light faded rapidly into the stones. Arceus placed the Stones floating around its neck and prepared to jump into the portal as he turned around to the Guardians and said:

"Go hide, wherever they can’t find you. And if you need to fight, fight with honor and to defend our world!"

Arceus vanished into the portal, as a gang of Pawniard started to battle the Guardians. Once into the portal, it began seeing a distant planet very similar to the Pokémon World. That’s its destination: Planet Earth. The moment it reached the planet’s atmosphere, a Pawniard that followed him into the portal brutally attacked it, making it throw away 8 of the Stones, which fell into a tropical region of the planet, and the Pawniard managed to steal another one of the Stones Arceus still held and disappear back into the portal before it closed. Now, Arceus, was falling unconscious into the Pacific Ocean, near the strip of land where the other 8 Stones fell. That country is called Costa Rica, and the Morphing Stones were now spread around the capital of the country, in danger for anyone to find them before Arceus.​

RE: Pokémon: The Guardian's Gift. Chapter 1 now up!

Chapter 1 is now up!

Part One: The Quest for The Stones

Chapter One: The Discovery

It was the middle of July in tropical Costa Rica. In a mall in the easternmost part of the capital city, there were 2 teenagers that had no idea their lives were about to change big time…

Larry and Daphne were 2 seniors from a local High School that were going out to grab something to eat and catch up about their vacation since the restart School in 3 days from there (School cycle, in Costa Rica, begins in February and ends in November except for seniors, who end it in October). Larry was an average height guy, short hair, had a very clever mind and was a fan of a videogame (or so he thought it was only that) called Pokémon, where he was an amateur player. Daphne was a little shorter than him, red-tinted straight brown hair and had slightly better grades than Larry, who always tries to catch up to her just to annoy her, but inoffensively. They were really close, and had known each other for 3 years by then.

After they ate something together, they were on their way to grab the bus when Daphne noticed something sparkling on the grass.

-Larry, look at that! They look like big, fat coins! -She said, picking both of them up and giving Larry one of them.

-They do… What do you think they are? There are stones of some sort, but are they worth something? They could be silver, or plat…

Larry couldn’t finish that sentence. A blinding light surrounded them and were taken to a cave-like room a few miles away.

-What was that?!- Daphne was terrified, looking at the Valley on the horizon.

-Eh, hem… Daphne…?-Larry said. When she turned around, they both stood in front of a white, quadruped, tall figure with a golden ring attached on its waist. It was Arceus.

-Let me introduce myself. My name is Arceus, the creator of the Pokémon World, a world parallel to yours and that’s being overruled by evil right now-It said-. I see you found 2 of the Morphing Stones.

-Well, we didn’t mean to-said Daphne almost crying, trying to take away some guilt, while Larry was still trying to understand what just happened-, I mean, we just saw them on the ground and…
-Don’t worry, I’m actually glad that were you who found them instead of the enemy.

-The enemy?-Larry was confused-. Who…?

Arceus told both of them what happened at Mt. Coronet and how it got there with the Stones. He explained that those Stones were 2 of the 9 Arceus lost when entering the Earth. As soon as Arceus finished telling the story, Larry, who finally understood what was happening, asked:

-And do you know who is behind all of this? I mean-explained Larry-, who called the attack, and everything?

-I’m aware that Team Plasma is behind this-said Arceus-, but I don’t know who called the attack on the Spear Pillar.

-And where do we fit in all of this?-Daphne was eager to get out of that cave.

-In that you have to help me find the rest-Larry and Daphne both looked at each other, surprised-. I currently don’t have the strength to navigate all around the Central Valley for Stones no bigger than a Sunflora’s head. Within those Stones you have are the powers of the Eon Twins, which would explain why they remained so close to each other, for the bond between them. The bond you two share must be as strong as theirs for you to be able to find them.

-We do have a strong bond-said Daphne, with a little courage growing inside of her-. We’re like siblings.

-Then you shall help me find them and give them to people you really trust to help you in your quest-said Arceus; Daphne and Larry were starting to grow anxious-. Find friends of yours that you know that will help you unconditionally, and when you get near a Stone, you’ll know it-the Stones glowed and became watches, which attached to the left wrist of both of them-. The Morphing Watches will react to you when you need them the most for the first time, and anytime you touch them afterwards. Good luck. You are now Warriors defending the Guardian’s Legacy.

Another blind light shined and both of them returned to the exact same spot they found the stones.

-So… Now what?-said Daphne-. Where do we start? We can’t just look all over the grass for them.

-I don’t know-replied Larry-, but I believe we must convince someone about all of this and activate our Stones to begin wi…

Larry couldn’t finish that sentence, because they were both thrown into the ground by a massive force.

It was an Earthquake.

I'll do my best to upload Chapter 2 in less than 2 weeks, but it'll be difficult because I'm currently running some University acceptance errands and tests, but I'll try as much as I can.

RE: Pokémon: The Guardian's Gift. Chapter 1 now up!

For those that are (and if anyone is, mostly. :p) interested in this and expenting a new Chapter, I'll try to get it up this week, now that I'm done with University. :D

Edit.: *expecting*

RE: Pokémon: The Guardian's Gift. Chapter 2 FINALLY up!!

Chapter 2: The Awakening

"What is happening?!" said Daphne, although she was almost impossible to hear beacuse of the chaos that reigned a few feet away in the mall.

Suddenly, the quake stopped. Both Larry and Daphne got back on their feet and checked themselves for any injuries. When they turned around, they found themselves before a building that used to be a mall 5 minutes ago. Apparently everyone got out before parts of the ceiling started to fall, but...

"Wait! Daphne, wasn't Melanie supposed to be on a date today?" said Larry, seemingly woried and looking all over the place looking for someone.
Daphne turned as white as milk the moment Larry finished that sentence.
"Oh, my God, we must find her! Quick, let's go!" yelled Daphne, like it was her own life at stake at the time. But it was something similar.
Melanie was Daphne younger sister. She was 2 years younger than Daphne, and was one of Larry's best friends outside their classroom. Just imagining what could have happened to her was terrible to them, so they both started running inside the wrecked mall. Gladly, as soon as they got half way to the deepest part of the mall, they saw her ans her boyfriend, hiding behind some pieces of fallen roof.

"Melanie!" shouted Daphne, trying to be heard by her sister, running towards her, but she stopped her.
"Wait, don't get any closer, it's dangerous!" said Melanie.
"What do you mean with...?"
"Daphne, watch out!" yelled Larry, pointing at a brownish body that jumped from the ground and was headed towards Daphne. She barely managed to dodge it before it sank down beneath the earth again.
"Was was that?!" said Daphne.
"I'm not sure yet, but I might have a clue." said Larry. "Quick, Melanie, you two get out of here, fast!" They didn't hesitate and got away as soon as they could, leaving Daphne and Larry there, waiting for something they did not knew exactly what it was. But a few seconds later, said thing jumped back a few feet from them.
"It's... it's... an Excadrill...!" said Larry. "Don't let it hit you!"
"Really?! I can't think of anything else, really!" answered Daphne, with sarcasm.
The Excadrill looked different, though. A shadowy glance was around it. It was under someone's control, apparently. They both kept dodging its attacks, varying from Rock Throw to more Earthquakes. But the Excadrill managed to close them in against a dead end on a hallway.
"And now what, Professor Sarcasm?" said Larry, trying to find a bright side that didn't existed.
The Excadrill started charging a Focus Blast, ready to take both of them out.
"Em... Farewell?" said Daphne, sheding a tiny tear on a side.
In that moment, Larry's Morphing Watch's screen began to glow a white light, and the word "ready" appeared on it. In that moment, Larry knew what to do.
"Quick, Daphne, get behind me!"
"But..."
"Just do it!"
She did just before Excadrill launched the attack against them, while Larry pressed the Watch's screen with two fingers and crossed his arms in front of him to try to shield from Excadrill's attack. But when the attack got to him, he was no longer a human shielding with his arms. He was now a Gallade, shielding with his bladed arms.
"What in the world...?!" said Daphne, still trying to process what just happened. The Excadrill started charging its attack one more time to try to take them down for good.
"Do it. Activate the watch, now!" said Larry. He just noticed Daphne's Watch started glowing as well. She pressed it, closing her eyes and becoming a Gardevoir.
"Wait, what happened to my fingers?" said Daphne.
"Don't you think we have better things to think about, pal?" said Larry, preparing to recieve another hit from that Focus Blast.
"Wait, I have a better idea. How should we do this... I got it. Protect!" Summoned Daphne. A wall made of flashing light surrounded both of them just before the Excadrill's Focus Blast got to any of them.
"How did you...? You knew how to...?" tried to say Larry, but Daphne answered:
"You don't think I don't pay attention when you play videogames is School, or weekends at your place?"
"I'm impressed, I gotta say. But right now, we must take this guy out before it does any more damage."
"I agree. Let's do this!" said Daphne growing courageous.

The Excadrill was ready to engage into battle, but so were Larry and Daphne. Or better said, Gallade and Gardevoir? Anyways, the battle was about to begin...

Back