Pokemon Pokémon That Look Better Than Their Evolved Forms

Cinesra said:
Sceptile disappoints me. I wish it had looked more like Grovyle. I don't like how it lost Grovyle's red underside. I don't like how it exchanged the cool almost dragon-like head for one with awkward looking ridges that's kind of bulbous between them. I don't care for the random bulbs on its back. I don't like how it's commonly pictured in a weird, hunched-over posture. I don't like how Grovyle had these cool leaf feathers that made it feel like a dinosaur and then they became these two weird protrusions at 90 degree angles from eachother on each forearm. I don't think Sceptile is bad, but I really don't see why people like it so much when it could've been much better if it had more of the elements Grovyle had.

I like Lairon better than Aggron. Aggron is cool and all, but there's something about Lairon that's more appealing to me. It looks like some sort of heavily armored tank-dinosaur-turtle-thing that just looks better than Aggron to me.

I agree with you about Lairon. I also like it much more than Aggron. I think the best in Lairon is that metal skeleton (I don't know if it's just a pattern or an actual metal skeleton) that goes from its head to the tail.

About Sceptile and Grovyle, I think Sceptile went more with Treecko, and Grovyle being the "akward" in the bunch: I'll never understand how its designed evolved because Treecko, having three fingers in each hand and feet evolves into Grovyle, that only has two in each, keeps the two tails and the red pattern and then it evolves into Sceptile, that again has three fingers in its hands and feet, the three leaves from Grovyle turn into two ... I don't know what to call it because it seems Sceptile develops some wings for using Leaf Blade and it gets that... red belt (belt is the only word to even try to describe that akward line in its belly). While I don't dislike Sceptile, it always seemed weird when in comparison with its' evolution line.

PS: not to mention Grovyle has that leaf "hair" coming from the back of its head and that just disappears.

I actually like Aggron better than Lairon, I think his design is really cool and looks much tougher. I think Sceptile's head is awesome but the arm protrusions are kind of weird. So I'm on the fence with that one!

Grovyle and Braixen are my two favorite second-stage starters, but its a shame they evolve into two of my least favorite final-stage starters. I love the witchy look of Braixen but i feel like Delphox just doesn't keep with the theme. It should at least have a witch hat or something. And Grovyle just looks so sleek and cool while Sceptile is too bulky. I'm going to pick Treecko in ORAS but im planning on keeping it a Grovyle, even if it means missing out on Mega Sceptile. :(

One case of a Pokemon that just becomes awful upon evolution is Golem. Okay, a stone with arms, meh. But a bigger stone with multiple arms made of decompressed gravel? Sweet! But a rock with a lizard stuck inside? Double Meh.

quinnator said:
Grovyle and Braixen are my two favorite second-stage starters, but its a shame they evolve into two of my least favorite final-stage starters. I love the witchy look of Braixen but i feel like Delphox just doesn't keep with the theme. It should at least have a witch hat or something. And Grovyle just looks so sleek and cool while Sceptile is too bulky. I'm going to pick Treecko in ORAS but im planning on keeping it a Grovyle, even if it means missing out on Mega Sceptile. :(

I feel the exact same way. I always thought Grovyle looked so cool with its long leaf-hair and the pinkish red underbelly. Sceptile (other than the tail) just looks kinda boring compared to Grovyle.

And as much as I think Delphox is awesome, it will never be as cuddly and adorable as Braixen. I was almost tempted to stop mine from evolving in Y because she was just so cute! Especially in Pokemon-Amie!

I also really love Quilava and Croconaw. Quilava is a million times more appealing than Typhlosion, because of its small slender build and the sweet fire Mohawk! And Croconaw just looks so much more unique than Feraligatr with the whole caveman-ish pattern on its belly.

Oh, and I also like Floette way more than Florges. Floette is this adorable little mermaid-like fairy with a flower parasol that can fit in your pocket. Then it touches a Shiny Stone and grows into a walking flower garden that's more than 5 times larger.

And finally, I love Skitty and Glameow more than Delcatty and Purugly. They're cute wittle kittens. Simple as that. And I had my fair share of bad in-game experiences battling Purugly so yeah.

Yeah, I like small cute stuff, problem? :p

Piplup is much more cuter than that Prinplup.
I like Snivy more than Servine but Serperior is the best of all.
Oshawatt is much better than its evolved forms.
Pikachu is ofc much better and cuter than Raichu.
Dragonair, chikorita, buizel, ponyta and many more also fall under this category.

Back