XY Pokémon Playthrough Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Athena said:
there are no dual-typed Fire/Poison or Fire/Steel Pokémon

Heatran is Fire/Steel, though I'm not sure it counts as this seems to be a play-through team and Heatran is transfer-only.

As far as actually countering fairies (at least in-game) I've found it's better to simply use a pokemon that's not weak to fairy, rather than try to outright resist and just hit with powerful physical attacks of the same type as your pokemon,as long as Fairy doesn't resist said type. Fairy only hits three types Supereffectively and there are only a hand full of damage causing Fairy moves (further more, there's only one notable physical fairy move, so SpDef and HP are technically all you need to focus on to wall most of them). For example, you could use Flare Blitz Arcanine to not only resist fairies, but also hit their generally lower physical defense hard with a solid STAB move [STAB = Same Type Attack Boost].

Something like Togekiss (if you get ahold of a togepi, say through WT/etc.) could work too, since it has relatively high defenses and can shut down opposing fairies who generally cant hit it too hard by paralyzing with Thunder wave (lowering the foe's speed too) followed by flinching them consistently (60% flinch chance with Serene Grace) with Air Slash (60% flinch chance with Serene Grace. Fire Blast/Flamethrower make for nice coverage against steel types who would otherwise take minimal damage from Air Slash. Togekiss' Special attack is high enough it can deal with most steels easily through one of those fire moves)

Don't forget about Skarmory as he is Flying/Steel type as well Withe a Fly/Steel attacks you could do some pretty good damage. I would start with a status move then use a move that does a lot of damaged while burned poisoned etc to take out the fairies much faster, Clefairy is so annoying now XD.:)

My game is having problems. Everytime I try to catch a pokemon or view the pokedex, my 3ds gives me an error message. It's a physical card too so idk what's up. Already lost a shiny this way so please help :)

Can you tell us what the error message says? Either take a photo of it or write/type it out. It's hard to help with the problem when we don't know what it is.

Sslie Zoommo said:
My game is having problems. Everytime I try to catch a pokemon or view the pokedex, my 3ds gives me an error message. It's a physical card too so idk what's up. Already lost a shiny this way so please help :)

Make sure your port is clean first off, take a flash light and shine it down and see if there's any kind of build up. It's easy to clean with a ear swab, don't do a circle motion but instead up and down, often build up of any kind can cause "shorts" to the data your cart is trying to send through.

Check your cart for any scratches or bends to the silver/gold bits, any damage to them can cause problems as well.

If your problem continues after these steps either try a different cart of the same game or contact Nintendo to get your device looked at.

To make questions stand out more and to make them easier to find for other users (so questions won't be repeated as much) we will close this thread. Members can create new threads in the forum to ask their question! If you need help in the forums, you can always contact the staff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back