Writing Pokémon Nightshade: The Legend of Shada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Shade IV

Pokémon Collector
Before the existence of Time and Space, there was only Chaos.
When humans began to control the sons and daughters of Chaos,
Chaos feared he too would be enslaved.
Knowing that his power was more than any human should have,
He went to Shada, a kind and loving woman.
She cared deeply for all life, including Chaos’ children.
Chaos separated himself into sixteen plates.
Within each plate layed a great elemental power.
Shada was to keep the plates safe.
She gave one to each of her sixteen brothers and sisters.
They would protect the plates for many cycles,
Passing the plates down generation to generation.
And when the plates combine again,
Chaos shall reclaim his throne upon the land.
But evil will take control of the descendant of Shada,
The only one who can control Chaos.
And evil shall spread across the universe,
Only the Master of all Pokémon will be able to stop the wrath
Of he who controls the Alpha Pokémon.
Mounting his noble dragon,
And sacrificing his live,
The Master will bring peace across the universe,
And achieve immortality.

My name is Maxamillion Grant Shade IV, but for all intents and purposes, you can call me Max.
My father is the legendary Grant Maxamillion Shade, the reining Pokémon Master. As a Shade, seventeen of our family members are born with a gift to control on of the seventeenTtypes of Pokémon, and can summon the legendary Pokémon of their Type at will. We call ourselves the Legendary Pokémon Family. My father has full control over the Normal-Type, but also over many other Types, as he is the Pokémon Master. I have already begun to inherit his position as a Legendary Family member, and, when he sees fit, I will become the Pokémon Master as well.
Our family is one of four major groups in the world, today. My family is known for protecting the sixteen Plates of the Alpha Pokémon, Arceus. The plates are what give everyone but my father and me their powers. My father and I draw our power from…well…I really don’t know where we get our power to control the Normal-Type from.
Then, there is the Pokémon Masters Clan. No, they are not actually all “Masters,” it was simply a name they titled themselves before my father decided to make being a Pokémon Master and it’s true meaning public. These guys are led by a guy named Paul Abad. They are like the police, and typically, people listen to them. I’ve had some confrontations with them, but more than a few with Abad. He’s cocky, and when we’ve tried to team up, there was never any room for anyone’s opinion except his own.
The third group we’ve come to know as allies. They are known as the Mods. They reside on a small island in the Orange Islands they named PokéBeach Isle. Jon is their leader. He is a strong individual who loves the Water-Type. Some even say he and my cousin, Aqua, have a thing for each other. Then of course, there is his crew. There is only one girl, her name is Haley. Then, there is his oldest of friends and most trusted members, Michael and Bela. The Mods are known for showing up when you need them most. They’ve often rectified wrongdoings caused by the PMC’s leader. While unintentional, the guy has no concept for the consequences of his actions.
Then, finally, are the Dark Lords. Their true leader is unknown, but his spokesperson is an old classmate of mine, Don. He and his girlfriend, Jessica, run the Dark Lords in battle. I’ve fought them, and fighting Jessica was painful, since we were very close in school.
As for myself, I am training for the Indigo League. I live in Pallet Town with my aunt, Delia Ketchum. Though I’m from the Kanto Region, I’ve never participated in the Indigo League. I’ve won championships in the Orange, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh Leagues, I’ve been offered a spot as a Frontier Brain, and I’ve defeated Mount Battle with a single team. But, the Indigo League is the most well-known and most challenging of all the leagues. Even being in the top sixteen finalists is like becoming immortal. And, with the help of my team, I know I’ll be able to make it far.
First, I have my Treecko. I obtained Treecko from Professor Birch in the Hoenn Region. He took a liking to me in the few days I spent with Birch doing some research. Treecko doesn’t seem to want to evolve, and is happy in his current form, and so am I. He’s a bit of a troublemaker, though. He is always playing pranks on my other Pokémon. However, in battle, his small size and fast speed prove useful against larger opponents.
Next is my Electabuzz. I caught him outside Cerulean City at the power plant. Well, to be honest, I actually stole him from Team Rocket. They were using him to drain energy from the plant, and it was severely harming him. As for battle, Electabuzz is a real powerhouse, and isn’t afraid of any Pokémon. Outside battle, he is very calm, and gets along well with my other Pokémon.
Then, there is Cubone. I caught Cubone at the Pokémon Tower in Lavender Town after his mother died. Cubone battles for his mother, every time considering the other trainer as a Team Rocket member, the people who killed his mother. Cubone seems to stay away from my Pokémon, not wanting to get close to anyone. Electabuzz, however, keeps making attempts at friendship. I think Cubone will come around eventually.
Fourth on my list is Nidoking. I caught him early on in my training outside Mount Moon, where he later evolved. Nidoking is the powerhouse of my team. At first, he never listened to me. Then, when I almost killed myself rescuing him from Team Rocket, he became completely obedient, and refuses to give up. Sometimes, his refusal to give up has cost him serious bodily harm, as he let’s the attacks hit him over and over. But, to this day, he has yet to be defeated.
And then there is Furret. She was the first Pokémon I caught in Viridian Forrest. She doesn’t look like much, and is the friendliest Pokémon I have ever known. But, when she steps onto the battlefield, she boasts a move pool spanning at least a dozen different Types.
Finally, there is my Charizard. I met him as a Charmander when he first hatched, and he’s been my most loyal Pokémon since. Charizard and I have a close bond that allows us to work flawlessly together in both the arena and in everyday life. We’ve overcome many challenges and have never backed down from a fight. Charizard is very passionate about his fellow Pokémon, and will not tolerate any of them being hurt in any way. If you don’t believe me about his power, you can look at his tail, which burns large and bright.
Well, enough about me. It’s time to get this show on the road. My name is Max Shade IV, and this is my story!

Wow mysterious, i think i have an idea what its about though, i think we will all be waiting to see what becomes of this.

That is the Prologue. Most of my posts here will only be the chapters. Also, this is the prologue for both this story and its sequal. I had an epiphany (sp?).

Wow, I enjoyed reading that so much. Good job. I can't wait for the next chapter.

Pokemunkulys said:
Makkusu Katakage Yottsu said:
That is the Prologue. Most of my posts here will only be the chapters. Also, this is the prologue for both this story and its sequal. I had an epiphany (sp?).

epiphany, hmmmm? <_< >_>
Please don't revive dead threads.

*Locked*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back