Writing Pokémon Max's Story

Max Shade IV

Pokémon Collector
Hello all! My name is Max Shade IV, but you can call me Max here on the forums. I was a former member of PokéBeach back from 2006-2008, with college getting me sidetracked from the games plus Generation V disappointed me. But, with Generation VI I have found my passion for Pokémon again and have once again returned to PokéBeach. During my time here previously, I wrote two very lengthy fan fics that were rather popular. With my return, I am looking to write my fan fiction of my character, Maxamillion Grant Shade IV, from the beginning. So before I start, I am going to give a little rundown of some of the main characters you will run into during the first book.

Book I: Pokémon Max's Story: Grant's Legacy (Kanto)
Book II: Pokémon Max's Story: Paradise (Orange Isles)
Book III: Pokémon Max's Story: Guardians of Legend (Johto)
Book IV: Pokémon Max's Story: A New Frontier (Hoenn/Battle Frontier)
Book V: Pokémon Max's Story: The Darkest Hour (Orre)
Book VI: Pokémon Max's Story: Redemption (Sevii Isles/Orange Isles)
Book VII: Pokémon Max's Story: The Shade Legacy (Sinnoh)
Book VIII: Pokémon Max's Story: A Master is Born (Worldwide)
Book IX: Pokémon Max's Story: A Legend Falls (Unova)
Book V: Pokémon Max's Story: A Fallen Hero (Kalos)

Main Characters:

Name: Maxamillion Grant Shade IV (Max)
Class: Trainer
Starting Pokémon: Charmander
Background: Max's parents divorced when he was young. His father, Grant, is the reigning Indigo League Champion and his mother, Liza, lives with his stepfather, Christopher Ironwood, a professor in the Orre Region. Due to Max's strong bond with his father, the parents agreed he could live in Pallet Town with his mother's sister, Delia Ketchum, mostly due to the fact that Grant often had to work out of town doing promotional work for the Indigo League. Grant's main Pokémon, a shiny Charizard named Lizardon, is the father to Max's Charmander. Max aspires to take part in the Pokémon League and one day challenge his father.

Name: Grant Shade
Class: Pokémon Trainer, Indigo League Champion
Pokémon: Shiny Charizard (Lizardon), Shiny Venusaur (Fushigibana), Shiny Blastoise (Kamex), Shiny Raticate (Ratta), Shiny Steelix (Haganeil), and ???
Background: Grant was raised by a family of Pokémon trainers. His father and aunts and uncles moved the whole family to Japan before he and his cousins were born. Since then, they are considered to be one of the most powerful families of Pokémon trainers in the world. He has held the title of Indigo Champion since his teenage years and had Max when he was eighteen. He is close with his brother, Jethro, and often visits his son (usually weekends, if not more frequently). He and Max's mother are on good terms.

Name: Jethro Shade
Class: Pokémon Trainer, Johto League Champion (Former)
Pokémon: Dragonite, Kingdra, Salamence, Garchomp, Hydreigon, Noivern
Background: Jethro specializes in Dragon-Types. Former champion of the Johto League, he retired from battling and began trainer aspiring Dragon-Type trainers, including such trainers as Lance. Jethro has a son, Sean, who specializes in Psychic types but will not make an appearance.

Name: Giovanni
Class: Pokémon Gym Leader, Team Rocket Leader
Pokémon: Persain, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Rhyhorn, and many more
Background: Giovanni and Grant are former friends. Not much is known about what happened between them other than on the day they parted ways was the day he formed Team Rocket. Giovanni claims that Grant killed a mutual friend, Hector Razgriz, and his wife, so Giovanni took their son, Diangelo, and began raising him from infancy.

Name: Diangelo
Class: Pokémon Trainer, Rocket Grunt
Pokémon: Cyndaquil, Ekans, Haunter
Background: Raised by Team Rocket from infancy, Diangelo has been tasked with keeping Max Shade busy while Giovanni continues with his plot to rule the world and take out Grant. However, with each failure to defeat Max, he begins to question who he is and if the Shades are truly the evil ones..

Name: Richard
Class: Pokémon Trainer
Pokémon: Squirtle
Background: Richard is Max's nextdoor neighbor and childhood friend. The duo begin their journey together in Pallet Town and travel together for quite some time. Richard aspires to work as a Pokémon breeder.

So without further adieu, here is the prologue to my first book.

Pokémon Max's Story: Grant's Legacy

Prologue: My Name Is Maxamillion Grant Shade IV

My name is Maximillion Grant Shade IV, but for all intents and purposes, you can call me Max.

I am ten years old and soon I will be setting out on my Pokémon journey! And one day, I wanna be as great of a trainer as my dad, Grant!

Who is Grant Shade? He's the strongest trainer in the Kanto region and has held the title of Indigo League Champion for a decade now. He is also one of the greatest dads ever.

We don't live together, but that's because I want to be a trainer like him, and the best for me to learn how to do that was with his hometown mentor, Professor Oak! And when I was five, my dad's Charizard, Lizardon, and another lady Charizard had an egg! I have no idea how it got there, but I was sure I wanted it! My dad let me hatch the egg and the Charmander and I have been inseparable since.

Charmander lives with Professor Oak though. The Professor makes sure he gets taken care of, and I go there every day after trainer's school to train with him. The Professor's grandson, Blue, comes by once in a while to train with me.

Then there is my neighbor, Rich. He hatched an egg my dad's Blastoise, Kamex, had with his lady Blastoise. We really have no idea how those eggs got there! They will be coming with us on our journey. Rich wants to work as a Pokémon breeder. He says he enjoys taking care of baby Pokémon and that coming with me will help him learn about all the Pokémon out there.

With everything I have learned from my dad and the professor, I hope that one day, me and Charmander and I can become the most powerful team out there!

My name is Max, and this is my story.

Back