Writing Pokémon Legacy (Chapter 50 is online, ''book 1'' closed!) Waiting on comments!

James

Team Rocket Member for crazy ideas...!
Alright people. here's the 1st chapter of my fanfic. Please comment and rate, and it would be fun to see how maybe some of you guys will speculate of what will happen next!:D enjoy!

''Book 1'' Index (50 chapters):

Prelude(this post)
Chapter 1: PMC meets Team Galaxy(this post)
Chapter 2: The Judgement of the Leader
Chapter 3: The First Order of the Leader
Chapter 4: Arrival at Team Galaxy’s base... Or is it?
Chapter 5: Made it in Time! Team Galaxy's Base!
Chapter 6: Entering Team Galaxy's Base
Chapter 7: Recruitment Survey! Battle of the strongest!
Chapter 8: The Key To Victory Is....
Chapter 9: Heat of the Battle!
Chapter 10: Anger point reached! The key to win?
Chapter 11: First Round is Over! And the Winner is....
Chapter 12: Recruitment Survey! Second Round!
Chapter 13: The first night at the Team Galaxy Base.
Chapter 14: Bed and Breakfast at team Galaxy base
Chapter 15: Twist of fate! Brian Vs Shannon!
Chapter 16: Clash of the dragons! Who is the superior?
Chapter 17: Apocalypse...?!
Chapter 18: Intruder alert!
Chapter 19: Unexpected betrayal!
Chapter 20: Team Galaxy! Our second home!
Chapter 21: Interrogation time! Serum or own free will?!(NOTE: Chapter 21 and 22 are in the same post!)
Chapter 22: The truth revealed! A secret in both ways! (NOTE: Chapter 21 and 22 are in the same post!)
Chapter 23: Homecoming of the hero…?!
Chapter 24: The returning of…?!
Chapter 25: Calling the pursuit!
Chapter 26: Battle between two legends!
Chapter 27: Cyrus vs Max Shade IV, begin!
Chapter 28: Max’s call for help! The reinforcement is…?
Chapter 29: Cyrus reveals Mesprit!
Chapter 30: The right pokémon for the right time!
Chapter 31: Cyrus unleashes his trump card! And the winner is…?
Chapter 32: The grand escape of the legendary time traveller
Chapter 33: Mission errand time, boys
Chapter 34: Relaxing in the jacuzzi...?
Chapter 35: Ancient town, up ahead!
Chapter 36: The reunion with Thomas!
Chapter 37: Dennis getting serious...!
Chapter 38: Thomas' reveals his new self!
Chapter 39: Thomas vs Brian, the first punches dealt!
chapter 40: Thomas vs Brian, Unexplainable twist!
Chapter 41: Unleashing the ancient beast…!
Chapter 42: Taming the Beast...! (part 1)
Chapter 43: Taming the Beast...! (part 2)
Chapter 44: Taming the Beast...! (part 3)
Chapter 45: Friendly match...?
Chapter 46: Fight between Thomas, Kenny, Chris, and Brian (part 1)
Chapter 47: Fight between Thomas, Kenny, Chris, and Brian (part 2)
Chapter 48: Fight between Thomas, Kenny, Chris, and Brian (part 3)
Chapter 49: Thomas vs Brian: Ragnarok…?!!
Chapter 50: Thomas vs Brian: Final Showdown!

''Book 1'' is closed, thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

[Note beforehand: Some ’’participants’’ in this story are from pokébeach forums, while others are completely fictional.]

It is in the far future, and pokémon development has had its peaks during this time. However, during a certain incident most, if not all, civilisation has disappeared from our planet’s surface. Wild pokémon now roam the world, and the world has been divided into a few separate continents. In this world of the future, people have lost the track of time, at least after the year 4051, according to the Christian Calendar. Fierce battles are waged across the whole world, as many groups or clans are fighting each other for supremacy over the world. Amongst the biggest competitors are the PMC, Team Twilight, Team Eclipse, Team Neo Rocket, Team Infectus, and Team Galaxy. Apart from these main competitors, many smaller groups also compete, as well as some individuals. In this aggressive environment every issue is solved by battling each other, and only the strongest will survive. People who don’t possess pokémon of their own, or who can’t look after themselves in any way are usually living in fragile constructed cities, usually ’’protected’’ by a group of trainers. The biggest of the groups have their own base, and also their own cities within them, for their followers to live safely inside, far away from other groups their influence or attacks. This story that you will behold is told by me, Brian Shephourd. If I might fall during the battle for our planet, then at least some of you will know what my actions were, and how I experienced this era…

[end of prelude]

Chapter 1: PMC meets Team Galaxy

It’s about 5.00am while I’m wakened by a hard siren announcing the assault. I quickly jump out of bed, since I couldn’t sleep anyways. I grab my belt which is stocked with my pokéballs and run down the stairway three steps at a time to get down as fast as possible, while I’m putting decent effort in putting my shirt on. While running to the hallway to the battlefield, I make a quick salute to the statue of our founder, Black Rayquaza. Our great leader is kept within our base’s core, while he lies in hibernation together with his pokémon. He will only rise from his slumber when the need is high, and he’s the most powerful trainer I’ve ever seen in battle. It is because we know he’s a human; else you would surely assume he’s the closest thing on this planet to reach the status of a god. We’ve been assaulted by Team Galaxy troops for three days now, and luckily our base’s walls are able to fend them off, but even we don’t know how long that’ll last. For now, all we do is open the gates to let our own defenders outside to meet the assault head on, and let the walls take all the punching they can get. So far our strategy worked pretty fine, but our walls aren’t indestructible… We did receive that Team Galaxy’s attacks are getting less and less fierce day by day, but we don’t want to run any risk. Only a few more steps…

‘’Elevator Three occupied. Begin lift in 3… 2… 1… Activate.’’

The voice from the computer doesn’t even annoy me anymore. In the beginning I really hated that thing. But after all these years I got used to it. How long has it been? Nine years already I think. We don’t keep track of time anymore, since no one actually cares. We just keep fighting until we are beaten, or until we have won. Time doesn’t matter, only the outcome. We often memorise the past tough, when the PMC still had its three great leaders to lead us. Black Rayquaza, Max ShadeIV, and James were our three great leaders. Of the three, only Black Rayquaza remains with us, and he’s in hibernation for almost all the time. Max ShadeIV was one of the top trainers in the clan, but one day he and his wife and children disappeared from the planet’s surface, and no one knows whether he’s still alive or not. Only legends now tell what kind of person he was, and how he fought against a group of evil trainers who tried to conquer the world using legendary pokémon. He was a great trainer, and many feared and respected him. James, on the other hand is a whole different story. James one day left on a recon mission, but he and his trainers never returned. It is unknown whether he was killed, taken hostage, or simply disappeared, but one thing is certain: the PMC lost one of it’s three leaders and the impact was quite huge. The same holds truth for the disappearing of Max ShadeIV, but at the time when max ShadeIV disappeared, Black Rayquaza was already strong and cunning enough to lead us on his own. So from that time on, the PMC only had one great leader left. It was the founder of us, and like a father to all of his children who needed help. Thanks to his wisdom we achieved what we have today, and we all still remain as loyal to him as the day we were recruited. On rare occasions Black Rayquaza leaves his slumber, and joins us to share with us his wisdom, or to tell stories of the days long past. It is thanks to him, that whether or not Max ShadeIV and James are still alive, they will always be kept alive. Because of the stories that Black Rayquaza tells us about them, they will always live on in our hearts and our memories.

’’We have reached our destination. Prepare for disembark.’’

Finally the cursed elevator has reached the battlefield’s surface. All those lights always make me drowsy while I stand in the elevator and they keep coming by in a rapid speed. I grab my first pokéball and out I go, ready to enter the fray, and to prove that our enemies shouldn’t mess with the PMC!

’’Brian! Thank goodness you’re here! We’re needing heavy backup at the eastern gates! Please go there as fast as possible!’’ a familiar voice said. Without hesitation I followed the orders and ran towards the east side.
’’Go Arcanine!’’ I threw my first pokéball and my Arcanine came jumping out. I immediately jumped on his back as soon as I had the opportunity. ’’Hurry and take us to the eastern gates!’’
’’Arca!’’ My loyal Arcanine shouted as he increased the pace of which we were running.

As I arrived at the eastern gate I realised why we needed heavy backup here. Most of our members were already beaten, having no pokémon left to fight. As they were beaten, the newest technology the world had discovered teleported them back to our restrooms, were the pokémon and their trainers could rest and recover. Unfortunately, not only the PMC had this technology nowadays, but all pokémon trainers worldwide now used it. It was dubbed PokéCover, and it was simply installed in any trainer’s pokédex. I didn’t had much time to think, as the gates were rumbling and rumbling. Apparently some heavy pokémon were battering them from the outside, hoping to make a clear way to enter our base.

’’Go Steelix!’’ I threw another pokéball from my waist and my Steelix came out, already half burrowed in the soil.
’’Steelix, use mud shot on our base’s gates! Then, Arcanine, use Flamethrower to dry the mud and to harden it!’’ Both my pokémon did what they had been told, but it was already too late. The Rhyperior, Golem, and Machamp that were ramming the gates already broke trough. I was prepared to face a whole bunch of Galactic grunts, but only one person came walking trough our gates… To my shock it wasn’t any normal trainer from Team Galaxy, but one of the top leaders themselves, Team Galaxy Mars! I doubt her real name was like that, but in their clan hierarchy they automatically take on the name of the function they are in.

’’My, my.’’ She said calmly. ’’Not too much of a welcome committee, now is there?’’
’’Well, don’t worry too much about it.’’ I said sarcastically to try and conceal my actual nervousness. ’’I’ll be all that it takes to hold you back!’’
’’Oh really?’’ she said calmly, but I could easily see she started to take interest in me. ’’I hope you can live up to that reputation boy. You see, if you can’t beat me right here and now, I’ll send the signal to my other troops that we have secured a passage into your precious base. If you managed to beat me however, I’ll gladly announce the retreat.’’
’’Alright then, let’s do this! Go Steelix!’’
’’Rhyperior! Take down that Steelix!’’

For some odd reason, the Rhyperior was actually quite fast, while normally they are really slow. Before I knew what happened My Steelix was taken out by a Hammer Arm, and I had already lost one pokémon in less than the first minute of the battle. Things were looking bad if this was the pace in which I was gonna battle her…

’’Go! Golduck!’’ I threw out my pokéball and even before he arrived I already gave my Golduck a order. ’’Use Hydro Pump and take it out before it can hit you!’’
’’Gol-Duck!’’ A strong beam of water was emitted from my Golduck’s beak, hitting the Rhyperior hard, but impressively it still managed to stay put! Even tough it took considerable damage it managed to stand steady, and before I knew it, my Golduck was taken out by a Earthquake from the giant.
’’Oh?’’ Mars said surprised. ’’What is wrong? I thought you would be more than enough to beat me? It seems your pokémon aren’t even a match for mine. Let’s end this right now. Golem, Machamp! Join the fight! As a reaction, you should send in all your remaining pokémon at once, including your Acranine. If you bet my three pokémon, I’ll retreat. If you lose, this side of your base has fallen to us.’’

Even tough I didn’t want to battle this way, I knew I had no other choice.

’’Go! Arcanine, Scizor, Swampert, and Staraptor!’’
’’Hahaha, you actually fell for it? You’re só naïve. Alakazam, grab his PokéCover.’’
’’Huh?! What the…?!’’

Before I knew what happened an Alakazam appeared behind me, and snagged my pokédex holding my PokéCover from me before it teleported back towards Mars. In front of my eyes a large cage was dropped on my remaining four pokémon from above, as a large zeppelin futuring the Team Galaxy G on it dropped it as it was looming over me.

’’Now! Machamp, beat this guy up!’’
’’Wha-’’

Before I could even react the Machamp jumped towards me, and with just a single karate chop it knocked me to the floor. With my vision blurry I could see my pokémon were started to be lifted inside the zeppelin, and Mars slowly came walking towards me. As she was next to me, she kneeled, and whispered in my ear:

’’Nice try kid. Only next time, make sure you actually can win before you pick a fight.’’

She stood up and started to walk past me, towards our base’s eastern entrance. It would only be a matter of seconds before I passed out, not knowing when I would wake up, and if I woke up in what situation I would be…

[End chapter 1]

RE: James' Fanfic contest entry[still needs a name]

Nice story,James.Especially when you put up the PMC, Team Twilight, Team Eclipse as a very competitative clan who are at war.Hope this would be successful

Thanks B_J, I hope the same!:D

Even tough I only have a small amount of readers now, and only one person who liked to comment in public, here's chapter two, I hope the few readers I have now will enjoy it, and please comment! Depending on how much you guys like it I might change a few things to make it even better! Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2: The Judgement of the Leader

I slowly try to turn my head… The karate chop actually hurt me pretty badly, and I do my best not to faint… Four of my six pokémon are being dragged away, and there is nothing I can do…

’’Invasion HQ? This is your commander speaking.’’ Mars said trough a headset. ‘’I secured the eastern entrance. Send the remaining troops that are unoccupied immediately here. We’re going inside.’’
’’Roger that.’’ A murky voice said from the other side of the headset.
’’My my, I wonder what treasures your base might hold for us, little boy.’’ Mars turned towards me.
’’C-curse you…’’ I said while trying to keep my sight as focussed as I could. ’’Our base will never fall to people like you…’’
’’Oh? You say that, while your whole eastern flank is open for my troops, and they’re already on their way. It’s only a matter of time before we enter your precious base. And if we’re lucky, we might even be able to find what we’re looking for.’’
’’L-looking for…?’’
‘’Oh come on, you really think we came here to take you guys out? We’d use more of our troops if we wanted to do that. At least, if we wanted to do that right now. No, instead we need something that’s inside your base. And of course, we will surely sabotage a few things before we leave. After all, you still remain one of our biggest enemies.’’
’’You won’t… get away… with it…’’ I tried to stay awake, but I felt that I lost my consciousness more and more as time passed by.
’’Oh, but tell me little boy, who is gonna stop me? You’re nailed to the floor for pete’s sake!’’
’’He is. But I’m not.’’

A deep, booming voice said from behind Mars. My vision was too blurred to see who it was, but I could see it was a tall man.

’’Psychic.’’

The booming voice said calmly. My vision was blurry, but I couldn’t mistake this: The cage that was holding my pokémon was snapped free, and a force field of psychic energy slowly brought it back towards the ground. A split second after the cage landed, the zeppelin imploded by the use of psychic energy. All the grunts aboard the zeppelin were brought to safety tough, as they were all captured in a large ball shaped psychic force field.
’’Wh-What?!’’ Mars shouted angry and surprised at the same time. ’’What happened?!’’ I could see she turned around to face to man, but even before she could react I could see a shiny Alakazam appear before Mars, and it blasted Mars and her three pokémon away with just a single attack. She flew so far that she even exited our own territory.

‘’H-How dare you?!! Go! Golem, Rhyperior, Machamp, Dragonite, Purugly, and Alakazam!’’

All six pokémon entered the battlefield which used to be our eastern entrance, but the man simply stood put.

’’No matter on how many pokémon you use, you cannot beat me. Our difference in power is too big. Leave now.’’
’’Hahaha! Even after seeing all six of my pokémon you still dare to challenge me with those words?! Attack everyone!’’
’’Alakazam. Psychic.’’

Once more the Alakazam let loose an incredible attack, and all six of Mars’ pokémon were swept aside. Mars herself was knocked down to the floor. The Alakazam took on a new pose, hovering itself into the air, as if it were meditating. A few seconds later Mars had crawled back to her feet, and her pokémon seemed ready for battle once more, only this time less ferocious as they knew what could happen to them. Right before Mars wanted to announce a new assault of her pokémon; she looked the other way and started to laugh.

’’Hahaha! It’s over! I must admit, you are quite something, for beating my whole team with just a single pokémon’s attack, but it's game over for you now! Grunts! Attack positions!’’

A seemingly endless horde of grunts and their pokémon came running in. These must have been Mars’ reinforcements she asked for. Even tough my vision was quite blurry, I could clearly see the Alakazam and its trainer were surrounded as far as the eye could see. For an instant the Alakazam opened its left eye, and after a split second it closed it again, to return meditating.

’’So, not so tough anymore now, heh? Grunts, attack!’’

All the grunts including Mars’ own pokémon attacked at once, but from my point of view everything was shown in slow motion. Numerous pokémon all assaulted the Alakazam and it’s trainer, but right before the first attack would hit, I saw the trainer’s lips move for an instant…

’’Alakazam. Unleash your future sight.’’

The Alakazam returned to standing on two feet on the ground, and after lifting one of it’s spoons into the sky, and holding the other one to his left, he created a gigantic ball of psychic energy, which exploded outwards, sucking in any team Galaxy grunt, as well as their pokémon. Even Mars and her pokémon were sucked in, and as the last grunt entered the ball, it exploded, throwing each pokémon and grunt out of the eastern entrance. Every grunt hit by the attack immediately teleported back to their base using their PokéCover, but Mars stayed for some reason.

’’C-Curse you… Here’s the darn kid’s Pokédex back…’’

She threw my pokédex on the floor in front of her, and she teleported away with the few words:

’’Next time we meet, I’m sure to win… you just wait!’’
’’Alakazam, Return.’’

The man recalled his Alakazam and started walking towards me. As he saw my condition he sends out his Togekiss. ’

’Go, Togekiss! Use your wish to heal Brian.’’

I could feel the healing energy from the wish Togekiss used flow into my body, and I could clearly feel my body was recovering from it's injuries. Even tough I was being healed; I couldn’t help but faint after all this stress…

After a while I woke up, and I discovered to be in my own bed, and I didn’t have any bandages on me, or any scratch at all! That Togekiss must have been trained very well, since it was able to heal me back as if nothing had happened! I even lost all the scars I had from any previous injuries! It was almost as if I had been reborn, but I knew such a thing was impossible! Or was it…?

’’Brian! It’s good to see you’re awake! We were all worried about you!’’

I turned my head, and I could see all my friends walk into my room. They were all there, Thomas, Kenny, Chris, and… wait! Where was Bob?!

’’G-Guys…! Where’s Bob?!’’ I shouted at the top of my lungs.
’’I’m afraid we have some bad news Brian…’’ Thomas replied. ’’I’m afraid we lost him.’’
’’Do you mean he…?’’
’’No, we’re not certain about that. The only thing we know for sure is that Team Galaxy has taken him hostage. Whether he’s still alive or not we don’t know.’’
’’That’s it! First they attack us for no reason, and then one of their leaders comes and knocks me out! If that wasn’t enough already, they kidnap one of my best friends! I’ve reached my limits! I’m going to their base and I’ll retrieve Bob!’’
’’Calm down Brian!’’

Chris yelled at me to try and get some sense back into me.

’’What do you think you’re capable of doing all by yourself? Even if the four of us would go, we would be no match for all the Team Galaxy members, let alone we would be able to even enter their base! Even if we’d ignore all those details, their base is at the centre of the North Pole! We’d freeze to death even before we’d reach their gates!’’
’’Yeah, and on top of that,’’ Kenny continued, ’’we’d need Black Rayquaza’s permission to go out on a mission like that. Do you seriously think he’d let us go on that suicide mission that you request for?’’

After hearing my friends’ words I calmed down, and started to think of a plan. We were a group of friends that grew up together within the PMC. We joined the recruitment course at the same day, we even finished all the trainings at the same time, and we all five became official PMC members at the same day. And now those Team Galaxy people took away Bob without any good reason? Not if I could help it!

’’You guys are right, but isn’t there anything we can do for him, I mean-‘’

My room’s door shifted open. In the door opening stood one of the PMC’s highest leaders, Veran. He was the current 4th in command, only standing below Gary, Randall, and Black Rayquaza himself.

’’All of you. Come with me. Black Rayquaza has awakened and requests that Brian and the rest of you meet him in the Emperor Hall.’’

My friends and I looked at each other in awe… This was such an honour, to being called by the great leader himself. We slowly followed Veran, all the way to the elevator leading to the Emperor Hall. The Emperor Hall was a legendary hall within our base; only those chosen by Black Rayquaza himself were allowed to enter there. The elevator alone was beautiful to behold. Platina covered the frames, and the whole control panel was adorned in gold. The tube we were guided trough above was covered with diamonds, and instead of those sleep inducing lamps the diamonds actually were beautiful to watch as we passed trough the tube on our way above.

’’We have arrived.’’ Veran said. ’’Behave yourselves in the presence of our great leader.’’

The doors then opened, and the bright light coming from the hallway blinded us partly. We all did a few steps inside the hallway, and the further we proceeded we got more used to the bright light and we regained our vision bit by bit. In the meanwhile Veran already went down with the elevator. Still half blinded, we heard a deep booming voice, a voice I for some reason slightly recognised…

’’Welcome to the Emperor’s Hall. I’m glad you could answer my call.’’

[End chapter 2]

Sorry I didn't get the chance to comment earlier. So far, this story is looking great, and I believe their is an allusion to my PMC vs. LPC fic? Anyways, I'm loving it already, so keep it up for the contesst!

Keep going James this is a great story;)

alright all my loyal fans! Chapter three! Enjoy!

Chapter 3: The first order of the Leader.

We walked further into the hall, and we did our best to get our vision at it's best. After a while we could finally see some inches in front of us.

’’Please, take a seat and listen to what I have to tell you all.’’ The deep booming voice said.
’’Y-yes sir Black Rayquaza…’’ Thomas said as soft as possible.

I could notice he was nervous. He only talked softly when he was nervous as hell. But then again, all the hairs on my back and in my neck stood up straight. Because I was so focussed on getting a clear view, I totally forgot where we were, and who we were in front of…! With the little sight we had we could see a set of chairs in front of us, and so we took our seats.

’’I see you have trouble with getting used to the light.’’ The booming voice said. ’’Have no fears of the light, just open your eyes wide, and the rest will come out of its own.’’

We trusted on the words of our legendary leader, and opened our eyes wide open. As strange as it may sound, but our vision actually improved the second we did that. Now with our full view recovered, we could do almost nothing else than look astonished around us. The Emperor’s Hall was magnificent to behold. The walls were decorated by paintings and statues of Black Rayquaza himself, Max ShadeIV, and James, the three original leaders of the PMC. The statues were decorated by pieces of silver, gold, and even platina. Diamonds were inlaid in their eyes, and for some odd reason one couldn’t help but feel as if he was stared at when he was looking at these beautiful statues. My vision was moved from the walls towards the Emperor’s Seat, the ’’throne’’ in which Black Rayquaza was seated. It was a giant stairway leading to a giant seat decorated by gold and platina. Behind it was a giant statue of Black Rayquaza, entirely made of gold. Black Rayquaza’s seat was shaped in a Alakazam that stood overheads, with its two arms straight ahead. At the left of Black Rayquaza’s statue was a statue of James, also entirely made of gold. At the right stood a statue of Max ShadeIV to finish the set. Underneath the statues of James and Max ShadeIV were also golden seats, but you didn’t have to be all that smart to see that those two seats hadn’t been occupied for a long – no, more like a very long- time… James’ seat was in the shape of a Tyranitar, and that of Max ShadeIV was shaped as a Charizard. But as I was distracted, Black Rayquaza started to speak. We couldn’t see him clearly tough, as where he was sitting the shadow if our three legendary leaders’ statues covered his appearance.

’’You must all wonder why you were summoned here. As you all know, Team Galaxy has been assaulting us for quite some while now. As far as I know, I saved Brian from Team Galaxy’s Mars. I’m sure she told you what she was doing here, right Brian?’’

I could feel his eyes look down on me… This look, the feeling I got from it… Words can’t describe it. Those ancient eyes, which have witnessed so many things. If eyes like that stare at you, you even start wonder what kind of being Black Rayquaza is… if he actually is human… I couldn’t do anything else than just stare back and answer the question.

’’W-well sir, you see she only told me she was here to lead the invasion of our base… She also mentioned she was here to get something they need from our base.’’
’’And they didn’t spill what exactly it was, right?’’
’’No sir, I have no clue what they wanted.’’
’’As I expected. We can’t be too careful now. If they are really determined to get ’’it’’, then they will surely come back to get it.’’
’’We’re positive of it sir, but what can we do against it?’’ Thomas said all of a sudden.
’’Well, even tough Brian was the only one that could confirm my thoughts, I also asked for the rest of you to come here. You see, I understand one of your friends was abducted during the assault, correct?’’
’’Yes sir, his name is Bob, and he’s our friend as long as we can remember!’’ Kenny shouted, who was always the one most serious about our friendship.
’’That’s why I summoned you all. You are all four going to infiltrate the Team Galaxy base. You will enter the base in order to look and rescue your friend. However, while you are there you must proceed within the base with the utmost care of not being caught. On top of that, you will be given another mission by me personally.’’

Chris, Kenny, Thomas and I all looked at each other surprised. Was this even possible? The same plan all four of us wanted to execute was now being ordered to us to do, and we were even given the chance to rescue Bob? On top of that, we were able to meet Black Rayquaza, and he’d help us to infiltrate the Team Galaxy base? It was as if a dream came true!

’’The mission I give you must be kept top secret at all costs.’’ Black Rayquaza continued speaking. ’’So no matter what happens, you are not allowed to speak about it with anyone except for the four of you. Even if you rescue Bob, you cannot talk about this mission with him. If you’re being captured and tortured, you are not allowed to spill anything. Is that clear?’’
’’Yes sir!’’ we all said at the same time.
’’Now then, as soon as you enter the Team Galaxy base this mission will start, and it’ll last until you’re outside of the building. This mission is meant for you to gather any information you can get from the Team Galaxy base. This can be info from team Galaxy’s plans, or maybe from how their research on pokémon is going. Anything useful should be recorded and retrieved here.’’
’’Understood sir!’’
’’There are two more things I’d like you four to investigate for me tough. These two things have top priority, so if you have the option to get any information on them, be sure to try t get it as fast as possible. The first one is quite obvious; as it is to determine what Team Galaxy wants from our base. As soon as we know what that is, we can take some counter actions to their assaults.’’

For a moment Black Rayquaza stops talking, and he leans backwards into his chair. We could all see he drifted away in thoughts, as if he was picking up memories.

’’The second one is a rather personal request from me.’’

Black Rayquaza continues talking, but he still seems to be lost in thoughts.

’’Since the Team Galaxy base is located at the North Pole, it is a perfect place to start this investigation.’’

At that moment Black Rayquaza stepped out of his ’’throne’’ and came walking down the stairs. We all looked in awe at this event, as we all expected to see a really old man, which should only be able to be alive thanks to some high tech equipment or something. But unless our eyes were cheating on us, we could clearly see a man of roughly the age of 21 walking down the stairs. His black hair looked partly dark green as the light hit it, and his deep brown eyes could pierce trough you with just a look. We all knew that even tough his out appearance was only that of a man of 21 years old, his consciousness was far older. His eyes betrayed that he must’ve lived for over three millennia now, and all the wisdom he gathered from being alive for so long simply radiated from his appearance.

’’I assume you all know the legend concerning the disappearance of Max ShadeIV and James?’’
‘’Y-yes…’’

I said slowly since I was still in trance of Black Rayquaza’s true appearance. I noticed Chris, Kenny, and Thomas were too shocked to say anything…

‘’Even tough James disappeared over three millennia ago; I never got the chance to actually know what happened to him. Now you all might wonder what your role in this can be, but it’s quite simple actually. You see, when James disappeared…’’

We could all see Black Rayquaza shift back into thoughts again, even tough he was still walking down the stairs leading to us.

’’… he was sent on a recon mission on the North Pole. Together with one of his closest friends in our organisation, which was at the same time one of our best fighters, Boracay_Jason, or simply Jason for short. They were not alone tough, a few other members who were younger than them went with them, and all five of them never returned, and we weren’t able to contact them anymore. Since the Team Galaxy base is located at the North Pole, there might be some info about James’ disappearance in their base. Maybe when they did a scan of the area they found something, or maybe they even found bodies that were frost inside the ice. My point is, try and see if you can find anything regarding the disappearance of James. And of course, if you can find anything regarding the disappearance of Max ShadeIV, that info is welcome too.’’
’’Yes sir!’’ we all managed to say at the same time, even tough we all were still quite in shock.
’’Good. If all your personal data from our members’ database is correct, Brian is the most strongest of you all at the moment. Is this correct?’’

Black Rayquaza looked at me with some interest, apparently trying to determine how good I was. After all, he saved me from Team Galaxy’s Mars.

’’This is correct sir. Even tough Brian and I are not very much apart, he is the strongest of us here.’’ Kenny said.

And it was true. Kenny was the quietest of us all, but he was only an inch away from me when it came down to our combat abilities.

’’Very well then. Since Brian is the strongest of you all, he’ll be the leader of this mission. BUT! Avoid conflicts at any cost. Don’t forget you’re all in enemy territory. This also brings me to my next point in this mission. You will immediately give any information you have obtained to every member of your team, with the exception of Bob. You can do this with a pokédex I have customized for you all to use while on this mission. You will all work independently on this mission, and if you’re being discovered as intruder, you simply press the green button located on the bottom of the pokédex to delete all the data you have gathered, as well as any data on your team mates. If you notice one of you is being captured, don’t interfere. I know this will be hard for you all, but you will get the chance to free your team mates who were captured later on. And if you’d interfere, you’d endanger your own position as well. Is this clear?’’
’’Yes sir!’’
‘’Very well then. You can now all return to your rooms. You all have one hour to pack your stuff and be prepared to go out. Any extra equipment you will need will be brought to your rooms. Any other questions?’’
‘’No sir.’’
‘’Group dismissed.’’

Black Rayquaza started to walk back up to his ‘’throne’’, and we started to return to the elevator. We all went to our own room, and shortly after I finished packing my stuff, one of our members brought me a fake Galaxy ID, as well as one of those Galaxy Grunt costumes. At that moment I was thankful that Team Galaxy had dropped the requirement of having that silly haircut a few years ago, and I could at least keep my hair the way it was. Even tough we had an hour to prepare; it felt as if it lasted only for ten minutes at most. Before I knew it, I was aboard one of our stealth cruisers, already on my way to the North Pole. I looked out of the window, and saw Black Rayquaza standing on the dock, saluting us goodbye. I took one of those sleep pills the cruiser captain gave us, so that maybe the journey wouldn’t last all that long. The last thing I can remember myself before falling asleep was the vision of the detachment hatches closing under us, and our stealth cruiser blazing off at almost the speed of light…

[End chapter 3]

I liked it.....even though it was more of a filler chapter :D

A tip of advice: When adding conversation to your story make sure each time someone is talking there is a new set of " " and make sure the line is indented...like this.

the wrong way said:
"Hi, my name is Black Rayquaza. "Hi, my name is Brian.

the right way said:
"Hi, my name is Black Rayquaza."
"Hi, my name is Brian."

Just a bit of the stupid rules our country came up with for Grammar.....lol

-Black Rayquaza​

I really like your Fan Fictions James,because of this following reasons:

1.Good Story
2.Very Specific
3.Minimal Errors
4.Very Long Chapters
5.Very Descriptive
6.PMC Related
7.Has some characters from real life (James,Black Rayquaza,Boracay_Jason,Max Shade IV)

I hope this would be successful (I'm sure of it) , Hope the next chapter comes out!

BTW:You don't use your *Greetz,James* anymore :p

- Boracay_Jason

Boracay_Jason said:
I really like your Fan Fictions James,because of this following reasons:

1.Good Story
2.Very Specific
3.Minimal Errors
4.Very Long Chapters
5.Very Descriptive
6.PMC Related
7.Has some characters from real life (James,Black Rayquaza,Boracay_Jason,Max Shade IV)

I hope this would be successful (I'm sure of it) , Hope the next chapter comes out!

BTW:You don't use your *Greetz,James* anymore :p

- Boracay_Jason

haha, i don't use ''greetz'' anymore in these posts since that wouldn't sound fitting to end a chapter!;) thanks for the comments, and as requested, here's chapter 4! Brian and company find themelves in a very awkward situation... Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4: Arrival at Team Galaxy’s base... Or is it?

The stealth cruiser was rocking heavily as I woke up. I released my belts, and decided to check on our pilot. Kenny, Chris, and Thomas were still asleep, so I decided not to wake them. I walked (at least I tried to walk with all the rocking going on) towards the cockpit.

’’What’s going on?!’’ I shouted at the pilot.
’’We’re in a heavy blizzard at the moment! I’m doing my best to keep us airborne!’’
’’I see… Will we make it in time?’’
’’Don’t worry, we might need to make a landing for now, but we still got plenty of time left to get at Team Galaxy’s base.’’
’’Alright then.’’

I shut the door behind me as I returned to the main room. I looked at Kenny, Chris, and Thomas. I simply couldn’t understand how they could continue their sleep with all this trouble going on with the stealth cruiser. I was just about to take my seat, when a large explosion could be heard and I felt the cruiser was going down. I immediately ran back towards the cockpit to see what was happening.

’’What’s happening?!’’
’’A large amount of snow was hurled at our left engine; we’re going to make a crash landing! Grab something to hold on to, we’re going down fast!’’
’’Roger that!’’

I grabbed a bar from the door of the cockpit, and only a few second later our stealth cruiser slammed on the floor, hurling up lots of snow and ice, which now covered the front window of the cruiser. Even tough I was uninjured, I couldn’t do anything but stand put.

’’How are your mates doing?’’ the pilot shouted at me, breaking my state of shock.
’’I’ll check on them right away!’’

I looked in the room located behind me, and to my relief I could see Kenny, Chris, and Thomas were still seated unharmed. Kenny slowly started to wake up after the crash, and with a slight moan he started to move and to open his eyes.

’’Morning.’’ I said to Kenny, which then seemingly woke up.
’’Morning… What happened? Are we there yet?’’
’’No, I have no idea where we are now. We were forced to land here because of a blizzard going on.’’
’’Oh really? That’s wonderful, isn’t it?’’ Kenny said sarcastically while releasing his belts.
’’We could’ve done worse. At least we’re all alive and safe.’’
’’Maybe so, but will we be able to infiltrate the base on time now?’’
’’Don’t worry. The pilot said we’ll be in time as long as we wait here until the blizzard goes down.’’
’’Well, that’s great.’’

Kenny walked towards the door of the cruiser, and opened it. Surprisingly no snow came in, and for some reason we couldn’t hear any wind outside, nor did we see anything from the heavy blizzard…

’’Well, what a tough blizzard, huh? You sure the pilot isn’t messing with us?’’ Kenny said.
’’I have no idea…’’
’’Well, you go check on the pilot then, I’ll take a look outside.’’
’’Got it.’’

I slowly walked towards the cockpit, unaware if we could trust the pilot or not, but then again I experienced the blizzard myself, so what was going on? I entered the cockpit, and saw the pilot do all kinds of things on his control panel.

’’Pilot, could you please explain to me what is going on? There is no sense of the blizzard anymore?’’
’’Of course you can’t sense anything of the blizzard in here. I crash landed our cruiser inside an ice cave to shelter us from the snow and ice.’’
’’I see… well, my friends are all alright, and one of them went outside to check our surroundings.’’
’’Good. I’ll go assist him then. You take care of your friends.’’
’’O-okay…’’

The pilot shut down the cruiser and then left his seat. He then went outside. I released Chris and Thomas’ belts and tried to wake them. After a while, Chris regained consciousness.

’’Morning sunshine.’’ I said while still slapping Thomas softly on the cheek.
’’Man… Brian, what kind of a carnival attraction were we in man? My back aches like hell!’’
’’We were forced to make a crash landing due to a heavy blizzard. We’re all safe and sound tough. Kenny and the pilot are outside to check the surroundings.’’
’’I see… so you’re left here to wake up that sleepy head Thomas then, huh?’’
’’Yup, and as soon as he wakes up we can go out and explore ourselves.’’
’’So, does the crash delay the mission?’’
’’Not a bit, if we rest a while here we’ll-’’

At that moment Kenny came running in.

’’Guys! You better hurry! The pilot’s under attack!’’
’’What?!’’ Chris and I said at the same time.
’’You better hurry, it seems we’ve landed in the territory of a group of Mamoswine’s!’’

Chris and I both gasped. Mamoswine’s are peaceful pokémon, but when their territory is threatened, they become really fierce when it comes down to attack intruders. We ran as fast as possible, and we left Thomas behind with the thought that we could always wake him up later. As soon as we were outside, we could see a large amount of Mamoswine’s surround our pilot, which was fighting back at them using his Charizard. Chris, Kenny and I didn’t hesitate for a second, and send out a few pokémon of our own.

‘’Go Arcanine!’’
’’Go Typhlosion!’’
‘’Go Blaziken!’’

My Arcanine, Kenny’s Typhlosion, and Chris’ Blaziken all arrived, and even without us giving orders, they understood the situation. All three of them immediately joined the pilot’s Charizard in the fight, and all four used flamethrowers non stop to scare away the Mamoswine’s, but with little effect. Most of them backed off, but a single large Mamoswine stayed put, and we could all see he was the leader of this herd. He had the largest tusks of them all, and he had only one eye. He stared at our pokémon with his right eye as if he was calculating his chances on beating them. He stepped forward, and howled at Kenny’s Typhlosion. All our pokémon stopped using their flamethrowers and watched as the leader Mamoswine challenged Kenny’s Typhlosion, which was the strongest of our fire pokémon.

’’Alright, I got this one guys. You guys just watch from the sideline.’’ Kenny said as he told us to retreat.
’’Alright, but be sure to win this, or else we’ll be in big trouble.’’ I said while the rest of us returned their pokémon.
’’No sweat.’’ Kenny said as he walked forwards. ’’You guys go wait in the cruiser.’’

We did as Kenny said and returned to the cruiser. We didn’t lose Kenny out of our sight tough, and we all watched the ongoing events very tense. Once we were inside the cruiser, we all watched the battle while watching trough the windows. I put Thomas back in his seat, who still hadn’t awakened for some reason. I watched Kenny very well, since Kenny didn’t fight too often. But when he fought, he was sure to give it his all.

‘’Typhlosion! Flamethrower!’’ Kenny shouted.
’’Typh-Raaaargg!!!’’

A massive flamethrower emitted from Typhlosion’s mouth, but the Mamoswine took the hit and didn’t even had a scratch! The Mamoswine answered the attack by using an ice beam attack, and even tough fire types are quite resistant to ice attacks, Typhlosion was hurt badly by just a single attack.

’’Typhlosion! Hang on there! Jump forward within reach of that Mamoswine!’’
‘’Typhlo-saaaa!’’

Typhlosion jumped up with incredible speed, and landed right in front of the Mamoswine. The Mamoswine was surprised by the swiftness of Typhlosion, and could do nothing else than blink with it’s one eye.

’’Now Typhlosion! Use Bite and get a hold of that mamoswine!’’

Typhlosion bit the Mamoswine, but its thick fur protected it from most of the damage… In return, the Mamoswine used a icy wind attack, and Typhlosion was stuck at it’s position, as it’s fangs were still stuck in Mamoswine’s fur.

’’Dang!’’ Kenny shouted as he watched the Mamoswine’s attack. ‘’Typhlosion! I know you’re stuck, but this also means that Mamoswine can’t go anywhere! Hang on there, and use flame wheel, followed by a blast burn!’’

The Mamoswine looked shocked at Kenny, and then at Typhlosion. It tried to get away, but as it moved Typhlosion moved automatically with it; as it was still stuck in Mamoswine’s fur. Typhlosion used flame wheel, and Mamoswine’s fur caught fire at this close distance. Typhlosion then paused, and gathered all the heat in his body. After a few seconds Typhlosion bursted in flames, and unleashed it’s blast burn on the Mamoswine. A huge gulf of flames could be seen, but right before the attack was finished, Mamoswine countered with an earthquake and hit Typhlosion head on.

The only things we could see were pieces of earth and snow flying into the air, while a sea of flames engulfed the battlefield… We all watched tense at the battle, and we could only pray for a good outcome…

[End of chapter 4]

Tense battle... although i gotta say, Mamo seems pretty intelligent, so WHY didn't it just EQ from the start? Would have made things a lot easier on itself... oh well.

Having just read that from the start, I can say that I'm impressed! You've obviously worked hard on this, and it's one of the better fics on the beach IMO. Keep at it!

Thanks for all the comments you guys, you're all one of the reasons that motivates me to continue this! :D

Ok, here it is for you guys: Chapter 5! Enjoy!

Chapter 5: Made it in time! Team Galaxy’s base!

We all stood very tense in the stealth cruiser… We could only see a sea of flames, and some steam as some of the snow and ice around the battlefield was vaporizing due to the immense heat. The only person tenser than us was Kenny, as he couldn’t see what was going on between Typhlosion and Mamoswine, and when a trainer can’t read the situation he’s in, he can barely give any orders to his pokémon… The spell on all of us was broken soon tough, as from the sea of flames Typhlosion emerged, but not they way Kenny wanted… Apparently Typhlosion was hit hard, and it was flung out of the sea of flames by a tough body slam of the Mamoswine. Typhlosion was smacker really hard against the wall, and only barely managed to land on its two rear feet. Typhlosion couldn’t hold out much longer tough, as his ‘’mane’’ on his neck was already starting to weaken and fade. I swiftly looked at Kenny. Kenny knew this fight couldn’t last much longer, or it’d cost Typhlosion…

’’Typhlosion!’’ Kenny shouted. Hearing his trainer’s voice, Typhlosion concentrated itself.
’’I know you’re having a hard fight, but hang in there. We both know we still have our trump card. As well as you I don’t like to use it, but what do you say? I say it’s the only option we have left in order to win this fight. We should use that. Do you agree?’’

We all looked at Kenny’s Typhlosion. Kenny and Typhlosion shared a very close bond, as Typhlosion was Kenny’s starter pokémon, and thus they had endured any hardships together. We could see in Typhlosion’s eyes that it was thinking about what Kenny said, and it was really having a hard time deciding. The fire up ahead slowly started to fade, and you could clearly see the large Mamoswine was walking trough it towards Typhlosion. It would only be a matter of time before it was close enough to attack, and watching it’s stance in which it came walking towards Typhlosion, one could clearly see it was preparing another body slam. Kenny’s Typhlosion had made up its mind. It looked confident towards Kenny, and for a moment it was as if they were having a telepathic conversation.

’’Alright…’’ Kenny said, and he turned its head towards the Mamoswine. ’’Sorry tough guy, but you asked for this yourself! I understand you’re just protecting your territory, but we have no choice then to wait here for a while…! Typhlosion, do it!’’

We could all see Typhlosion gathering all his remaining strength, and it’s ’’mane’’ burned even more fiercely as when it would use a blast burn attack. Before we knew it Kenny’s Typhlosion had used a double team attack, while at the same time it used quick attack. It was as if the whole battlefield was filled with Typhlosion’s, which all rushed towards the Mamoswine. The Mamoswine was clever tough, as it used a sort of variation of earthquake to send a small shockwave over the soil in order to determine which Typhlosion was the real one. But Kenny’s Typhlosion wasn’t stupid either, and as soon as the Mamoswine used the shockwave, all the Typhlosion’s jumped up in the air to avoid being hit by the shockwave before continuing running. What I then saw was incredible. In less than a split second, all Typhlosion’s used flame wheels and made a final sprint to come into contact with the Mamoswine. Even tough we all know there was only one original between all the Typhlosion’s, it was as if the Mamoswine was hit from all directions at once! If that only wasn’t enough, while using the flame wheel we could all see the ’’mane’’ of Kenny’s Typhlosion light up brightly, indicating the coming of a blast burn attack. The Mamoswine was still a little numb from the fierce flame wheels, and realised that if he didn’t stop that blast burn attack, he’d be a goner. Desperate to find the real Typhlosion in order to stop its attack he ran forwards, impaling one Typhlosion with its giant tusks. The impaled Typhlosion vanished in thin air, as well as some Typhlosion’s who were running and ran into the Mamoswine. The Mamoswine was still searching for the real Typhlosion, but the battle was over. The real Typhlosion let loose a last flamethrower to attack the Mamoswine in its back, so that it would topple on its knees. Just as the Mamoswine turned its head to look at Kenny’s Typhlosion it jumped, and right before it hit the Mamoswine, it unleashed its blast burn. The Mamoswine was hit directly, and as the fire quelled the Mamoswine lay defeated on the floor. Even tough it didn’t directly faint; you didn’t need to be a genius to see it lost its ability to fight back. The same counted for Kenny’s Typhlosion tough, as all of its energy was drained from its body and it rested on all four of its legs after the impressive attack.

’’Typhlosion, we did it again! You may now enjoy your well deserved rest buddy! Return!’’ Kenny withdrew his Typhlosion into its ball, so that it could rest. He then turned and looked at us, while we were still standing and looking from inside the stealth cruiser.
’’Well? Wadda ya say from that, huh? Not too shabby, or what?’’ Kenny yelled at us with a big grin on his face.
’’Don’t get too confident of yourself now, Kenny!’’ Chris yelled back. ‘’I’m sure Brian can still beat you!’’
’’I have no doubts about that, but let me enjoy this for a while, will ya?!’’
’’Haha, don’t worry! This is your moment!’’

After a while the Mamoswine stood up again, and it looked at us as if it was telling that he agreed on us staying here for the time being. He then signalled his herd to leave, and right before it left it walked towards Kenny. It lowered its head, and something fell from its fur. He signalled Kenny to pick it up, and then left to join his herd. Kenny walked towards the Mamoswine had dropped, and picked it up.

’’Hey guys!’’ Kenny shouted towards us. ’’Anyone want a nevermeltice?’’
’’I’d love to have it.’’ A voice from behind us said. We turned around, and saw Thomas had finally awakened.
’’Good morning to you too Thomas.’’ I said.
’’Yeah sorry for being such a sleepy head… I managed to see the grand finale tough.’’
’’Well guys, let’s rest until the blizzard has stopped then. We still need to travel about one third of the trip, so that’ll take a while.’’ The pilot said.
’’Alright then. But what to do until the blizzard has stopped?’’ I asked.
’’Well, that’s rather funny. You see, I was given orders to give this right before we arrived at Team Galaxy’s base, but I guess it wouldn’t hurt to give it you guys now already.’’

The pilot started to search for something in his pockets, and after a while he gave us a communicator disk. The communicator disk was created roughly a millennia ago, but it still proved to be very useful device for passing trough messages. In the meanwhile Kenny had returned to the stealth cruiser, and his Typhlosion was already recharging at the cruiser’s compact healer. We all activated the disk, and sat back and watched the message. As the disk started playing, a green silhouette of Black Rayquaza was transmitted. He looked at the centre of the recorder and began his message.

’’Hello there Brian, Kenny, Chris, and Thomas. When you hear of this message, it’ll only be a small matter of time before you arrive at the Team Galaxy base. The data I’m about to give you all is of utmost importance, so pay attention and memorise everything I say now. This disc will delete its message immediately after it has been displayed, because of safety precautions. At the moment when you will arrive at the Team Galaxy base, a recruitment survey will be taking place. The four of you have been entered in this recruitment survey with your fake ID’s, and your first mission is to be accepted as Team Galaxy members. I have no idea how the recruitment survey will go, but please do your best to qualify no matter what. In the special altered pokédexes I gave you all are the orders of what to do after you have finished this recruitment survey. Be sure to hide your pokédexes after you’ve finished the survey, as you’ll surely get new ones from the Team Galaxy staff. If they discover you already have PMC pokédexes, your mission will be in great danger, and the possibility of success will be minimal. I wish you all good luck with your mission, and I’ll be sending you additional data to your pokédexes as soon as I have more orders or useful info for you all. Group dismissed.’’

The communicator disk ended its message, and as Black Rayquaza had said, the disk deleted its content. I decided to take it with me, as who knew when it would come in handy? And besides, since the disk was empty now, even if Team Galaxy found it, there would be nothing suspicious about me carrying it.

’’Alright lads, here we go!’’ the pilot shouted at us.

He had fixed all the troubles from the stealth cruiser, and it seemed the blizzard had stopped. We flew outside the ice cave, and we could see the herd of Mamoswine standing on a cliff, watching us after until we were out of sight. Kenny, Chris, Thomas and I took another sleep pill, but the pilot asked me to get to him first as he switched the cruiser on auto pilot.

’’This was given from Black Rayquaza to me personally. He told me to hand it over to you, but none of your mates should know about this.’’

He handed me a letter, and I began to read it thoroughly.

~ Dear Brian.

While you are on your way preparing to pack your stuff for the mission, you should know I have altered your team of pokémon. As you know, you faced Mars while at our base, and she is fully aware of your team. On top of that, she probably will recognise your face, so in order to remain hidden from even Mars’ sight, please cut your hair. The pokémon a switched are at good hands here. Your Steelix, Swampert, and Scizor are left with me. In return, I gave you a Milotic, Dragonair, and a Skarmory to use while on the mission. Don’t worry, the Pokémon will listen to you as if you were their actual trainer. Please give your best efforts to let this mission succeed.

Black Rayquaza.~

Great I thought. Now I also need to cut my hair… so after looking at my three new pokéballs I decided to cut my hair. Not long thereafter I also took the sleep pill and dozed off.

’’Wake up sleepy heads!’’ the pilot yelled at us, and we all slowly woke up. ’’We have arrived at your luxury holiday resort!’’

We all looked drowsy at where the pilot was pointing, but we soon all woke up clearly as we saw where the pilot was pointing.

’’Man, now that I see Brian’s new haircut I thought I’d fully awaken by that, but now…’’
‘’Very funny Chris…’’ I replied to Chris a little cranky.
’’Well, we’re actually there guys…’’ Kenny said astonished.
‘’Yup, this is it…’’ I muttered. ’’Team galaxy’s base…’’

[End of chapter 5]

Nice, the mamo fight turned out in the favour of the team... of course, it had to, but it was an awesome finish nevertheless.

I like where this is going just now - it's well-written with minimal errors, and the plot is keeping me interested. Just keep the momentum you have just now and you could make an absolute classic out of this.

well, here's chapter 6 for all of you to read! Enjoy!

Chapter 6: Entering Team Galaxy’s Base.

’’Alright everybody! The best of luck, and are you all sure you didn’t forget any luggage you might have in the cruiser?’’ The pilot asked us one last time.
’’Have no worries.’’ Kenny said. ’’We’ve got everything we need.’’
’’Very well then, good luck and hopefully we meet another day!’’
’’Same to you!’’ I yelled back as the pilot closed the doors of the stealth cruiser.

We then began walking towards the entrance of the Team Galaxy Base. It was about one hundred and twenty steps or so, and then we arrived at the gate. Two big men from around the age of 30 looked down on us. They had headsets, glasses, and anything else that people who are a member of a top secret organisation had. The only way you could tell they were actually part of Team Galaxy was by looking at their shirts and shoulder pads, which featured the famous Team Galaxy G. One of them stepped towards us.

’’Your name please.’’ He asked at me.
’’Brian. Brian Shephourd.’’
’’And the rest of you?’’
’’Thomas Raines.’’
’’Chris Baker.’’
’’Kenny.’’

The guy who stepped to us checked a sort of portable computer at the size of his hand. He registered each of our names, and confirmed that Chris, Thomas, and I were allowed to pass.

’’You said your name was Kenny.’’ He then said all of a sudden.
’’Yeah, what about it?’’ Kenny replied uninterested.
’’I can’t register you if you don’t give me your last name kiddo. So spill it, or leave.’’
’’I… I… I don’t have a last name…’’ Kenny said slowly.

Unfortunately, he was right. Kenny was a child once found by a member of the PMC. Kenny’s parents were killed during a conflict between two minor clans, Clan Tempus and Clan Regio. Both minor clans eventually wiped each other out, but the small village that proved to be their battleground was also lost in the process. Many civilians were killed in the process. Not just by reckless attacks from the two opposing clans, but also by collapsing buildings due to the fighting and the likes. After the struggle had ended, 2nd in command of the PMC Gary had led a scouting party to see if there were any survivors left. A few children and wounded adults were saved from the rubble, but most were already dead when the scouting party arrived. Kenny was brought to our own base by one of the members of Gary’s scouting party, but the trainer didn’t look after Kenny. Instead Kenny grew up in the battle dome of our base, and received his Cyndaquil at the age of 8, even tough normally people only get their first pokémon when they turn 10. Ever since then he trained and trained, his whole life long. As soon as he turned 12 he entered the PMC recruitment program, just like Bob, Chris, Thomas and I. We then became friends, and it was for Kenny as if he finally had found a family, just as for the rest of us.

’’You don’t have a last name, heh kiddo? Well, you probably won’t mind that I just make one for you then, now do you?’’
’’That depends…’’ Kenny said kind of aggressively.
’’Well, from now on your last name will be-‘’
’’What is going on here?!’’ a voice shouted all of a sudden, as the gates of the base opened.
’’L-Lady Mars…!’’ the man said scared, while he turned around to face her.
’’What seems to be the problem here?!’’ she said as she walked past Chris, Thomas, and me.

The hairs on my neck stood straight up. Seeing Mars again filled me with so many emotions at the same time, there are no words to describe that. I felt enraged, and wanted to attack her while I had the chance; but at the same time I was scared to do anything, as I still remembered what had happened roughly a day ago. The beating I took from her, and how she humiliated me. If it wasn’t for Black Rayquaza to awaken from his hibernation and to rescue me, I probably wouldn’t be even standing here… Now I saw her again, and she was even closer to me than last time. I saw her yell at the man who was registering us, and pointing her finger at Kenny, and then back at him. The man was obviously scared and watched what he said back against Mars. Kenny stood there as a bag of sand, unable to even grasp what was going on next to him. Mars shouted a few foul words at the man, then kept quiet for a while. Then she hit the man hard on his head with a flat hand, and told him to register Kenny without a last name.

’’So did I make myself clear?!’’ Mars shouted fiercely.
’’Y-yes ma’am…!’’ the man said, and he walked back to his original position.
’’Well then,… euh… Kenny. You may proceed, and if you’re able to make it trough the qualification process you will be granted my last name. From that moment on you’ll be known as Kenny Mars. No need to thank me. Just stay alive to meet me again. Of course, it’ll be at that time that I’m your new leader, Hahaha!’’ Mars said with a grin on her face as she walked back inside the base.
’’Alright children, here are your entry codes.’’ The other man had walked towards us.

He was holding four small cards in his hand. They looked a lot like credit cards, but I doubted that you could use them to pay for anything. I looked closely at the cards, and noticed each of them had their own code imprinted into them.

’’You will all be able to enter the Recruitment Survey with these codes, don’t lose them. Those codes are your personal data in order to do anything while inside our base. As soon as you actually become a member of our team, you will receive actual member ID’s.’’
’’But what about these then?’’ as I showed the ID’s Black Rayquaza had given to us.
’’Ah, those. You have no further use for them now. Those were just ID’s to confirm you all actually were they right persons to receive the invitation. It’s good of you to show them to me now, else I would’ve asked for them later on anyways.’’

Kenny, Chris, Thomas and I all looked at each other. Invitation? We all thought. It seemed that this recruitment survey was only on invitation then. It seemed Black Rayquaza had pulled some strings to actually get us on the list then. Props to him for that.

’’Alright boys, go on. I have more things to do today. Good luck, you’ll need it.’’
’’Euh… Thanks I guess?’’ I replied as the man walked back to his position.

We then walked trough the gate, and were shocked beyond imagination. We all expected the Team Galaxy base located on the floor, but instead it was located high up inside the sky. From the floor we could see all kinds of tubes rush upwards, and inside the tubes were elevators that could bring you in –or out- of the base.

’’Your entry codes please.’’ Another guy asked us as he walked towards us.

We all handed him us our codes and we were appointed to elevator 411. Once we were inside the elevator, we all began to become really tense. This would be it. Only a few seconds before we were actually in the middle of enemy territory, and there was no way out. From the view from the elevator one could see the huge gate and walls surrounding the base. As we looked down, we could see hundreds of other people passing trough the gates and entering elevators. Everywhere the eye could see were those guys who were guarding the gate we came trough.

’’Security sure is hella tight here.’’ Chris said all of a sudden.
’’Sure is, who knows how tight it’ll be in the actual base?’’ Thomas added.
’’Man, I hate it here already…’’ Kenny mumbled.
’’Well guys, the only thing we then can do is to operate as cautious as possible. Remember, Black Rayquaza told us to not spill anything under any circumstance.’’

As I said this, we all actually became even tenser. We all were quiet for a while and the elevator just kept going and going. After a while all the people below us were little more than ants.

’’Heh, imagine the elevator tube breaking and us falling down…’’ Thomas said all of a sudden to break the silence.
’’Well, I’d just use my Crobat and fly off!’’ Chris added.
’’Yeah right, I’d grab your leg and try to fly off with ya?’’ Kenny said while chuckling.
’’Haha, Guess Brian would be the only one of us who’d fall then, huh?’’ Thomas added.
’’Yeah right, as if my Staraptor isn’t able to carry me!’’ I replied as quickly as possible.

We all laughed, and before we knew it, the elevator had stopped. He doors opened, and we could see a giant hall full of Team Galaxy members, as well as other ‘’recruits’’ like us. We walked further in the hall, and only a split second after we had left, the elevator was already on his way back down. All around the hall were banners portraying the Team Galaxy G, and a balcony was at the middle top of the hall. There was a woman standing there, and as soon as a few other elevators had arrived and the people had taken place in the hall, the woman on the balcony began to speak.

’’Greetings, young trainers. You all know you have been selected to take place in our recruitment survey. I’m your guide trough this program. Listen carefully, as I’ll only say my name once.’’

She then stepped forward on the balcony and leaned over the edge to look deeper inside the hall.

’’I am Team Galaxy’s third in command. I’m Team Galaxy Jupiter.’’

[End of Chapter 6]

Jupiter makes her appearance! I'm actually slightly annoyed that other Galactics weren't involved in the adventures... Galctic Mercury would have been a good one to see. Anyways, you still have me reading this, so keep at it! Hopefully things can continue to come to you as they obviously are and you keep writing like this, cause it's been great so far!

It's a great story James, keep going!!!

alright people, here's chapter 7! Enjoy, and please DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT!!!! Thank you!;)

Chapter 7: Recruitment Survey! Battle of the strongest!

’’So I’ll repeat this one more time for all of you who didn’t fully hear or understand it. On this large screen you’ll see a tourney bracket. In this bracket are three teams. Each one of you will soon receive a ticket with a number. My personal grunts will hand out the tickets. Look at the number that’s on your ticket, and walk to the appropriate door. After you have walked past the door, you will meet your new leader. Since there are three thousand people here, there will be three teams of thousand people. To save my colleague’s some time to explain the rules to you people, here’s the way to put it simple. From the three thousand of you who stand here, only three hundred will clear the recruitment survey. Do your best and good luck.’’

After Jupiter finished the speech she left the balcony and disappeared from our sight. In the meanwhile we could see Team Galaxy grunts handing out tickets to every person in the hall. It didn’t take long before Thomas, Chris, Kenny, and I also received a ticket.

’’Whoo-hoo! I got door number one. Which means red.’’ Chris shouted.
’’Mine’s purple or pink like…’’ Thomas said.
’’Same here.’’ I said. ’’Number two, right?’’ I added.
’’Well, then you and Thomas team up Brian. Chris and I both got the remaining numbers. Mine’s blue, and I got number three.’’ Kenny said.
’’Alright guys, here’s the plan. As far as I understand it right, only the top hundred trainers of each bracket will make it to be a Team Galaxy member. So Kenny and Chris will need to beat all the competition and remain in the top hundred of their brackets.’’ I said as Thomas and I saw Chris and Kenny off to their doors.
’’We on the other hand have a more difficult task, right?’’ Thomas said.
’’Well, that depends. We’re in the same bracket, so as long as we both make it to the top hundred we should be fine. I don’t know what the details are, but we should try to avoid fighting each other as much as possible.’’
’’Any idea on how we’re gonna do that?’’
’’I have no clue so far… Let’s walk towards our door. I’ll think of something.’’
’’Alright then.’’

Thomas and I walked towards door number two, and we could see a dark hall in front of us. As soon as everybody who had a ticket with number two on it had entered the dark hall, the doors all of a sudden closed behind us, and it was pitch black inside. All of a sudden lights turn on everywhere, and we could see Jupiter standing on a stage in front of us, together with some of her grunts. You could easily tell that they were her personal grunts, as they all featured pink/purple ribbons on their arms which resembled Jupiter’s hair colour. Suddenly I realised the numbers on our tickets must have been coloured by the leaders we were about to get… Pink/purple means Jupiter, red must’ve meant Mars, but who was blue then…? Who was Kenny’s leader then…? As all the lights had turned on, Jupiter began to talk.

’’Welcome, welcome! Even tough you all just recently saw me; I’m back again to tease the likes of you. Now let’s see… Ah! I know! Grunts! Show them the battlefields!’’

Two of her grunts pushed a few buttons on a control panel on the wall to the right, and the walls behind Jupiter began to side apart, showing us a magnificent array of battlefields.

’’These will be the battlefields you guys battle on. Depending on how you end up in our scoring bracket, you will be allowed to join Team Galaxy. If you show extreme results, you might even be promoted to a higher rank than grunt while you sign up. If you make it to become one of our grunts, you’ll be under my command until I say else. Any questions?’’
’’No ma’am!’’
’’Great! Then you’re having breaks for now, we’ll assume the recruitment survey at 2.00pm.’’

I watched my watch. It was 1.49pm at the moment. Thomas and I decided to take a walk around the hall, and look what kinds of people were here. We saw some young guys around the age of 15, as well as some older men around the age of 30. After walking a while, I had realised I lost Thomas between the crowd…! I started to look for him everywhere, and before I knew it, it was already 1.56pm, so I had to hurry. After a while I recognised his haircut, and saw he was talking to someone… It even happened to be one of the few girls in this hall!

’’Thomas! Man, did you get me worried!’’ as I pulled Thomas by his shoulder.
’’Oh hey Brian! This is Shannon. I told you I wanted to talk to her, but you didn’t hear me.’’
’’Guess so… Well, nice to meet you Shannon, I’m Brian!’’ as I shook hands with the girl.
’’Nice to meet you Brian. As you already knew, I’m Shannon!’’ Shannon giggled.

I watched at Shannon. She was around the same age as us, and had these odd –but beautiful- purple eyes. She wasn’t very skinny, but she wasn’t fat either. She actually had a very nice body, and she was actually quite tall for a girl. She had long purple hair, which was knotted in two large pony tails from behind.

’’So why did you guys come here?’’ she asked us.
’’Well, I guess for the same reason as you. We want to join Team Galaxy.’’ Thomas replied.
’’Haha, that’s true I guess. But let me be more specific. Why do you want to join Team Galaxy?’’
’’Well… euh…’’ Thomas stood there and didn’t know what to say. I would’ve loved to help him, but I was just as him unable to come up with a decent excuse.
’’Let me guess? You two just came here because team Galaxy looks cool to you, right?’’
’’N-No, not at all-’’ Thomas said, but I punched him with my elbow in his stomach.
’’Well, actually, yes. We just thought Team Galaxy is the coolest clan out there, that’s why we want to join. Isn’t it the same with you?’’ I said while interrupting Thomas.
’’Well, no, not at all, you see-’’

Shannon was talking to us, but then the microphone came trough our conversation, and Jupiter continued to have the word. As she began talking, a lot of people headed back towards the stage Jupiter was on, and thus Thomas and I were separated from Shannon in a tidal wave of human beings walking forwards.

’’Well then, since you’re all pretty energetic, let’s start the recruitment survey! If you all look above you, you’ll see a large display screen. On this screen you will be able to see the tourney bracket. Check out your number on the bracket, and look who your opponent is. Then go to the appointed battle arena. Is that clear to all of you? Any questions?’’
’’No ma’am!’’ almost everybody shouted.
’’Alright then! I will now explain the rules for the battles. Each of you will use three pokémon each. The last pokémon standing is the winner. We will not work according to elimination, but by a point system. A winner receives three points, a loser one, and a draw results in both players receiving no points. Now you all go out, and see your opponents on the battle field!’’

Jupiter left the hall, and entered some sort of luxurious room up in the hall, where she had a clear view of all the battle fields. Thomas and I checked the bracket, and I noticed that I was number 481, and Thomas was number 372.

’’Well, good luck Thomas.’’
’’Same to you Brian.’’
’’And remember! I’ll meet you in the finale of this stupid tourney!’’
’’Haha, sure, and that’ll be the round I’ll beat you!’’
’’We’ll see, we’ll see!’’
’’I’ll meet you after my match right here, alright?’’
’’Got it, this is our meeting point. See ya around.’’
’’See ya.’’

Thomas and I both walked the other way, as the battlefields we were appointed to lay totally apart from each other. My opponent was number 84. A guy called Cody. From the inside I was actually chuckling. The name reminded me of one of Black Rayquaza’s stories about Max ShadeIV. The person Max ShadeIV battled in that legend was also named Cody. It couldn’t be the Cody from that story, so I continued walking towards battle field 51. Once I arrived there, I could see my opponent. It was this kind of uninterested looking guy, which had black hair, which hung over his eyes and I could only barely see his nose. He was chewing on a toothpick, and he wore a long black coat which only enabled me to see his boots. And if you couldn’t guess it, they were black as well.

’’Hey there Brian. The name’s Cody if ya hadn’t noticed already.’’ He said calmly at me.
’’I already noticed your name was Cody, don’t worry.’’
’’Good, and after today, you won’t forget it anyways!’’ he suddenly looked at me. ’’Let’s get this over with!’’
’’Alright then!’’

We both entered the battle field, and began our match with one of Jupiter’s grunts being our judge. I was thinking on which pokémon I would use, since I was only allowed to use three of my six pokémon. I decided to begin my battle with an all-rounder of mine to be sure I wouldn’t be at a too big disadvantage.

’’Go! Arcanine!’’ I shouted, and opened this battle.
’’Arca!’’ my Arcanine roared as he emitted from his pokéball, ready to fight for me. After all, we didn’t fight since the Mamoswine incident, and my Arcanine lives for battling so he really enjoyed this moment.
’’You got a very strong Arcanine, I can tell by just looking at it.’’
’’Glad you can notice that. You’re free to surrender whenever you want.’’
’’Oh, don’t get me wrong my dear Brian. You see, I’m actually glad you’re my first opponent, and not one of those weaklings that roam here! And to show my respect to you, I’ll use my second most powerful pokémon!’’

Cody finally opened his jacket, and grabbed one of his six pokéballs. I was kind of nervous, as this Cody guy was actually quite certain of his cause…

’’I’ll try to keep this battle going on as long as possible tough, as it seems way too much fun to let it end quickly!’’
’’Bring it on; my Arcanine and I are really flared up as well, so give it your best!’’
’’Hahaha, I’m getting all fired up! This is SO sweet! Go, Garchomp!!!’’

For a moment the time around me paused. I watched as the Garchomp emitted from the pokéball and landed on the battlefield. Garchomp was known as one of the most brutal pokémon ever when used in a battle, so I didn’t know what I could expect from this match. And then to think of what he said with his Garchomp being his second most strongest pokémon, I wasn’t really sure if I wanted to discover what his strongest was then…

[End of chapter 7]

This is what I like about these stories being based from more or less the same cause - you guys can integrate each other's characters into the spearate stories without any bother whatsoever. The whole community idea is great!

That scoring system seems really strange. A point for a loss, but nothing for a draw? It's all good, but it's not what I'm used to seeing at all. I could imagine someone losing all of their games and still going through because a lot of people drew all of their games... but then again, that's what crappy teams like Team Galactic should have really :p

I wonder how much Shannon will feature... well, only time will tell! Best of luck with the writing of this, it's getting really good!

Back