News Pokémon Developing New Card App, Nintendo Releasing Zelda for Smartphones!

Could they just develop TCGO for Switch, and make it useful offline? That would be awesome. But maybe that would be too much for the dev team, as they would be working on a new platform and still try to squash bugs...

Maybe it's a collection and deck-building app. Maybe connects to TCGO too and allows you to scan codes...

Rather then PTCGO for phone I prefer to have like the old TCG games, since I like the mini adventure it provide

Interesting. For some reason when I think "Smartphone Zelda" I feel like it's going to be a port of the original NES one or something in that style.

@Water Pokémon Master
The switch costs 300 dollars.
If you find a switch for $300 please PM me the link ;)

I don't think it will be PTCGO. I don't see why they would wait years to release an identical client for mobile devices. It might be a "light" version where you can scan codes, message friends and manage trades and look at cards, but the full functionality is unlikely. It could also be a carddex app, mirroring the on on Pokemon's website. We'll have to wait and see!

Luckily, Nintendo and The Pokemon Company don't care about how you feel.

You don't say. You do know that also applies to anybody with an opinion opposite to mine, right?

Oh. Oh, no. No. You do not decide how anybody else enjoys this franchise. Do not ever even dream that you have any right to "enjoy this more" than anyone else.

Dude, pokemon is, like, the most casual of franchises. It's for fun. Lay off the gatekeeper attitude, would you?

I'm confident enough to say I enjoy Pokémon more than any casual out there. But allow me to elaborate.
When I talk about casuals, I'm not talking about people who buy the main games and only play the storyline and don't dive much deep in them. That's okay to me, I'm not even a very competitive player.
I'm talking about those people who appeared last year when Pokémon Go came out claiming they're fans and whatnot and then you approach them and talk about the main games and ask if they play them and the usual answer is 'no' and you realize they only know the first 151 Pokémon and they only like Pokémon mostly because they saw the anime as kids. And then, those people think that is actually what a normal Pokémon fan is and make other people with actual knowledge about the franchise (like me) look like f***in' weirdos!

You don't say. You do know that also applies to anybody with an opinion opposite to mine, right?

I'm confident enough to say I enjoy Pokémon more than any casual out there. But allow me to elaborate.
When I talk about casuals, I'm not talking about people who buy the main games and only play the storyline and don't dive much deep in them. That's okay to me, I'm not even a very competitive player.
I'm talking about those people who appeared last year when Pokémon Go came out claiming they're fans and whatnot and then you approach them and talk about the main games and ask if they play them and the usual answer is 'no' and you realize they only know the first 151 Pokémon and they only like Pokémon mostly because they saw the anime as kids. And then, those people think that is actually what a normal Pokémon fan is and make other people with actual knowledge about the franchise (like me) look like f***in' weirdos!
Well you can't deny the previous poster about Nintendo. It does release the same games over and over again under a different title and skin; with no regard for "outsiders". Nintendo is known for only appealing to a certain gaming demographic: ones that have slower reflexes and have the attention span to have characters run so slowly and do everything slowly. I wish by now Pokemon has a main title where you play it like Skyrim or any other RPG but no. Nintendo clearly can do this as evidenced by Pokemon Darkness thingy but the company still wants to milk money from the already existing serious fans.

To show another perspective EA's Battlefield series was always casual. But the pacing was slower than CoD's. To attract new fans DICE began to up the pace with this decade's first Battlefield title, Bad Company 2. And even after changing the series with a few titles DICE changed the formula again with Battlefield 1.

Nintendo, as Adam Sessler, a former gaming journalist said, is a Japanese business. And that means less reaction and more sticking to the past. I highly doubt Nintendo will change things to appeal to casual Nintendo fans.

it would not surprise me if they put the original zelda game on smartphones and it would be pretty cool if the updated it to look better. As for putting Pokemon games on switch i think its more likely they will release games in a Pokemon coliseum or XD style(please please please) and not the usual badge collecting style that the smaller portable game systems do. and most of that way of thinking comes from the price difference between the 3ds and the switch and also that while i don't own a switch but I've seen them enough to know that there not as easy to whip out and play with people as the 3ds. time will tell if Nintendo plans to completely write off the ds style of systems but personally i think it will stick around for years to come as 3ds are easier to bring on trips than switches are as well as being more affordable

Honestly, you sound like a pokemon emo with all this talk. People can enjoy, play and identify with pokemon however they please.

If you think you look like a weirdo that's your own problem man ...

Pokémon is coming to switch, I am surprised they're doing it as quickly as they make it seem due to how long it took them to put out a title on the 3ds, but the switch in a portable handheld which is which they've expressed countless of times is how they will keep the main Pokémon titles. I think the switch allows them to meet an array of the type of fans they have cultivated and delve into elaborate on elements that appeal to each. I myself love the slower simple pace, I a basically only play Pokémon and only own systems due to Pokémon the few titles that I play less then 5% I wouldn't even bother with if I hadn't already had the system due to Pokémon, but I understand why a lot of people who play Non Nintendo want the updates they do. Switch seems like a healthy compromise for what the creators of Pokémon desire for the game they work so hard on, for people who solely play Pokémon and for those who play games across the board.

I will say I don't think and hope it never comes to mobile unless Nintendo makes like a "Nintenphone" or something like that. I really don't think they will ever establish the main title as a mobile only platform cause that doesn't seem like something they have interest in, I think that's why GO was made to appeal to people who did want it on a mobile platform and that game is a long way from what their end game is with it.

It would be really cool if TCGO came to mobile but from what I have read it's too much for phones to handle on data, the connection is too slow, something along that lines, but maybe they figured it out! ^^

Last edited:
Honestly, you sound like a pokemon emo with all this talk. People can enjoy, play and identify with pokemon however they please.

If you think you look like a weirdo that's your own problem man ...

Oh ffs, am I the only one who thinks it doesn't make any reasonable sense for people to call themselves fans of something they don't even keep up with?
Also, don't bs me. You can't deny that if you start talking about pokémon beyond the so-called "socially accepted level", which shouldn't even be a thing in the first place, people will look at you in a certain way.

I've always wanted another version of the Gameboy Color TCG game, for smartphones, 3DS, Switch, anything. If they really go for smartphones, they can use the Pokémon Duel model, with a quirky storyline, and online mode (I don't know if that's good or not).

You can't deny that if you start talking about pokémon beyond the so-called "socially accepted level", which shouldn't even be a thing in the first place, people will look at you in a certain way.

Dude, lots of people on this website invest hundreds or thousands of dollars on this game, me included. Stop wasting your time caring about how people look at you. Cherish it more.

Cool Nintendo stuff. But hey, Nintendo, how about Breath of the Wild for ios and Android? Charge... $20? I mean, for trash graphics it would be cool.

and that gives you the privilege to decide how much others need to immerse themselves in a franchise in order for them to be legitimate fans?
and you're worried about casual fans giving "legitimate players like you" a bad image??

There is no middle finger big enough.

Back