Pokémon deck boxes

BoDragon

Aspiring Trainer
I received an EX Legend Maker deck box for attending a prerelease yesterday. I really like the box artwork with Gengar. The drawback I see that it does not fit a sleeved 60-card deck; it fits an unsleeved 60-card deck fine. Does anyone think future boxes should be slightly bigger to accomodate sleeved decks?

The pre-release boxes arent ment to hold 60 cards since you dont need a 60 card deck for a pre-release. But I do agree with you, I will want to use it for my decks but if a deck doesnt fit, then it's gonna be my damage counter box.

yes abhorsen is exactly right if im correct its meant to hold 40 cards sleeved for pre releases

So I think I will bring the deck box every pre release so that i don't need to take out all cards after the game since I only have 1 deck box for my main deck. Anyway, today I will having pre release, I am looking forward to get the deck box:p

there just usless as deck box's i put a 60-card deck in one of those things as a test and i had a hard time geting it out but it works a storage box.

Well, 60 cards will works to fit in the box if you do not sleeve them.

Anyways, why they do not use the same sizes and stuff as the Japanese deck boxes? =p

Use the Professional brand deck case, it can hold 2 decks or a sleeved 60 card deck with a sideboard. Ultra- pro's ones are just plain ....

That is a good idea because they will fit better in the box and does everybody save their boxes and booster pack covers? I do because the artwork and pokemon are awesome.:)

Hmm... Elevandar was good enough to get me a Gengar box a few weeks ago... and both our 60-card Ultrapro (opaque)-sleeved decks fit perfectly... Strange. :/

Well right from the start my sleeved decks have fit into the box, albeit with a bit of careful cajoling, but they fit with no imperfections in the end.

no sorry i dont. I had to carry around my deck at the prerelease caues the deck wouldn't fit anymore. too bad, but I still won the thing anyway.

Arcanine out.

I like it because it fits nice a snug (tehe... snug) And you dont have to worry about the deck bouncing around and stuff :)

Maybe it will stay the same.:)

Back