News Pokémon Changing How Reprints Are Printed, Likely No 'Best of XY' Set

There is a Flareon EX full art, and now the Jolteon EX full art, what about Vaporeon EX fa? New Eevee-Evolution box set feat. the original trio with reprints and the new card?

I think it is both clever and disappointing. With the 55a number, I'm not sure where I should store this card. I really had hoped they made these secret rares and continued numbering instead of putting the a, b, c, d kind of numbers on the cards. It would be strange to see a FA UR in the middle of a set!

I think it is both clever and disappointing. With the 55a number, I'm not sure where I should store this card. I really had hoped they made these secret rares and continued numbering instead of putting the a, b, c, d kind of numbers on the cards. It would be strange to see a FA UR in the middle of a set!

And that's why I don't like it.

If they're intending on putting out more than these, just make a new promo subset, "Best of XY," aside from Black Star Promos to separate legality.

Or put these at the end of their respective sets.

I really hate how they did it.

For sure yeah. VS Seeker alone will do more to change the meta than just about anything outside of Shaymin.

There's going to be such a contrast between Standard and Expanded next rotation...
With the majority of competitive EXs (most likely) rotating out, along with cards like VS Seeker... Expanded will be a lot faster than Standard.

Expanded:
Turn 1 | Ultra Ball -> Hoopa-EX -> Shaymin-EX -> Trainer's Mail -> Max Elixir -> etc.

Standard:
Turn 1 | Ultra Ball -> Oranguru -> Um... Attach Energy -> Pass Turn

This is great news for continuity and the health of the game.

It would have been whack to pollute the new direction envisaged for the Sun & Moon block (GX Pokemon, etc.) with old mechanics.

Good move from TPCi.

May pick this up because I should be able to make some pretty good money back without selling the packs. Jolteon may be worth $15 or $20 alone!

Bit strange they are starting now as opposed to the start of the SM era. The Solgaleo-GX, and Lunala-GX tin promos, the Turtonator, Vikavolt, and Tsareena from the Guardians Rising blisters, and the Chest Starters could have this effect

Bit strange they are starting now as opposed to the start of the SM era. The Solgaleo-GX, and Lunala-GX tin promos, the Turtonator, Vikavolt, and Tsareena from the Guardians Rising blisters, and the Chest Starters could have this effect

You never know when that *aha* moment happened in the room though or how hard it was to implement this type of numbering into their database(s). It might have been a situation where it just took them that long to make the back end changes to prepare for it. There are a number of considerations outside of just the cards (website, online game, etc.) that come along with this decision.

"If Jolteon-EX gets another reprint in the future with alternate artwork, it’ll be labeled #55b and have the “A” for “alternate” in the corner."

#55 is for Lucario. :D

So basically Pokemon can now choose wither or not to put something into a new rotation by either making a alt print or making a promo star so at least they are locked into one thing or other now i guess.

So . .I see a typo
"If Jolteon-EX gets another reprint in the future with alternate artwork, it’ll be labeled #55b and have the “A” for “alternate” in the corner."
Lucario was the 55, the Jolteon was 28.
So should we sell our Shaymins while they are at fifty and just get the promo when it comes out?
77a/108

Also, this makes no sense.
We didn't base our N reprints off of set symbols, we based them off of the card doing the exact same thing and having the same name.
Will it be this way for all reprints, or just promo reprints??

Last edited:
It is saddening, on the other hand, because some of us have invest too much money on Shaymin-EX and were hoping they would live a little longer.

A game should never be an investment.

I hope they are reprinted so I can find them as a promo, in a deck, or as some other guaranteed way. Didn't open any on the first go-round.

So the Trainers' Mail, Sycamore, Zygarde, M-Manectric, 7 FA Supporters, 4 possible FA promos like Lucario will have this "A" thing. That kinda sucks. Let's see how Lucario Spirit Link numbered.

Back