News Pokémon Changing How Reprints Are Printed, Likely No 'Best of XY' Set

Well, I guess there will be no SR Shaymin in America. It kinda sucks, but I'm also glad it's going out of rotation this August. I love the new strategies and decklists we have to make again and again - otherwise I think it would get boring if the same cards kept staying in rotation. (btw I LOVE that Jolteon full art. I'm so gonna get that mega powers box if I have enough for it.)

RIP Trainers Mail Reprint :( also would that mean the Shaymin will come with that dope art as an Alternate Art, and is N a new print or will that go as an alternate art?

...So nothing is actually getting renewed for Standard?
Unfortunately, no. But that means that there are gonna be new strategies that we have to come up with over and over again! Doesn't that sound more fun than having the same cards in standard forever?

I sure do want the Best of XY artwork, and I don't want those cards Standard legal. Why can't we get The Best of XY with the alternate tag?

This is both relieving and saddening. It's great to see these cards being rotated out and thus not always a staple in the Standard rotation. It is saddening, on the other hand, because some of us have invest too much money on Shaymin-EX and were hoping they would live a little longer.

I wonder if this is how Trainers' Mail and Professor Sycamore from the Battle Arena decks are going to be "reprinted".

I sure do want the Best of XY artwork, and I don't want those cards Standard legal. Why can't we get The Best of XY with the alternate tag?

Those are both Best of XY cards, so we might end up seeing more as similar promos. We're just most likely not gonna get the full set in boosters. Wouldn't be surprised if we got Shay and others from Best of XY after they rotate in Sept.

So... is the Lucario Spirit Link gonna be a promo?

Man this is lame to me. I get how it effects the competitive side, but as a collector this just seems stupid.

This is both relieving and saddening. It's great to see these cards being rotated out and thus not always a staple in the Standard rotation. It is saddening, on the other hand, because some of us have invest too much money on Shaymin-EX and were hoping they would live a little longer.

I wonder if this is how Trainers' Mail and Professor Sycamore from the Battle Arena decks are going to be "reprinted".

Shaymin is a great card...and it is also THE card that most needs to rotate. It is a cancer on the standard meta.

Sweet. Hopefully this means that they'll have no qualms about printing all the FA Supporters in English in some way.

Man this is lame to me. I get how it effects the competitive side, but as a collector this just seems stupid.

I thought this would be a good thing from a collector's perspective? These cards going out of rotation should drop the price on the older prints, no?

Relieving in many ways! Gives us Expanded players nothing to worry about and some pretty cool new artwork options, and doesn´t make a difference for Standard players worried about Shaymin still being in the format and stuff like that.

I guess it needs to be a Sun and Moon promo.... which is really strange.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! That is maybe the most clever thing the ptcg has done in years!
I tip my hat and am really happy.
Maybe I'll play on tournaments again after knowing there won't be another 2 years of N! :D

These are basically promo cards in all but name, right? How do we know this is how they'll treat actual reprints in actual sets too?

I drew this for you.
Mourning some freshly sleeved Shaymins.

It really is a Shaym... Though now I won't have to switch them back and forth between my standard and expanded decks at least...!
T4FPUYw.png

Back