XY Pokémon-Amie Discussion

RE: Pokemon-Amie Discussion

I love, love, love this feature. I want to pet my Pokémon. I will pet them so hard. I will spend hours on this petting my dear Scraggy, Garbodor, Stunfisk, Buizel, Rayquaza, ... and Iove how it makes Pokémon look at you in battles and stuff. Ooooh GameFreak is pandering me so bad. My heart is melting. Please VLR freeze me until October 12th.

I think that its just to increase the new 'Bonding' feature with your Pokemon.

I'm assuming Pokemon would have some kind of 'Bonding Counter', which tells you their Bondage level. Then, when it gets high enough, the Pokemons stats do something.
Of course, high enough bondage would mean certain Pokemon would evolve, like Eevee is rumoured to evolve into Sylveon with high bonding.

I think its just done in this minigame to further differentiate it from happiness. (happiness wouldn't be affected by this in any way)

I hope they include something in Pokemon-Amie that allows you to either be your Pokemon and encounter other trainers' Pokemon like pokepark, or you get to dress up your Pokemon or something.

The way the worded the information on the effects Pokemon-Amie has on Pokemon makes it sound as if there are some effects not directly visible on the Pokemon, possibly eluding to a way to increase hidden stats (IV's/EV's) by 'bonding'.

This would be wonderful as then casual players would have a way to enter competitive play without too much knowledge on how the hidden stat system works, and be able to get perfect IV'd Pokemon using just the game and no online guides/calculators. Plus a way to increase IV's (arguably the most irritating mechanic in the game next to perhaps evasion etc.) would allow for players to worry about such stats much less and be able to actually play the game as it should be played.

FloodBadge said:
xD i'm sorry, these last few comments have been seriously making me crack up

i hope they include something in Pokemon-Amie that allows you to either be your pokemon and encounter other trainers' pokemon like pokepark, or you get to dress up your pokemon or something

Wailord in a waistcoat, dunscparce in dress shoes, gastly in gloves?

Wait what the pokemon look at you in battle when you do this enough?

Must have skipped over something o_0 i thought i read it all....

leecario said:
FloodBadge said:
xD i'm sorry, these last few comments have been seriously making me crack up

i hope they include something in Pokemon-Amie that allows you to either be your pokemon and encounter other trainers' pokemon like pokepark, or you get to dress up your pokemon or something

Wailord in a waistcoat, dunscparce in dress shoes, gastly in gloves?

I seriously can't wait to see how ginormous Wailord is in this feature. The whole screen will just be blue. lol

Whitefire said:

It's on the XY website. You should check the official site too instead of just fansites.

Teal said:
Whitefire said:

It's on the XY website. You should check the official site too instead of just fansites.

Yes, the website is a great source as it shows the mons and information very quickly and also very accurately. It also adds information that is new to the world.

I see. Just checked it about this Amie thing. Cute how they turn around c:

Teal said:
Whitefire said:

It's just weird to rely on the official websites, because normally at this point all we have is the fan sites and by the time we get it, the official page is old news. haha

I see Amie going one of two ways. It's either going to have to do with EVs or it's going to have to do with happiness. I'm leaning towards happiness since I don't think they'd change the EV system that much. It's an interesting thought to say that this is how Slyveon evolves but then the system wouldn't do anything for any Pokemon besides Slyveon since Umbreon and Espeon already evolve through the happiness system. So unless this relates to some completely new system, I don't see it being the way that Slyveon evolves, additionally, if they were to do that they would have to include Pokemon Amie in every future game, which is something I don't think they want to commit to.

Pokemon Amie is weird. I think that's the perfect way to describe it at this point since I can't see its purpose yet. I'd just like to know what it's purpose is and then I think we can make some conclusions on inferences on how it will be used in the game. Right now I just kind of see it as one of those side kind of things with even less applicability than the PokeWalker.

I say amie will give happiness or "bonding points" and a random thing per "session", like if you do what your pokemon likes, it will be happier and will get a permanent boost in EVs (like protein, iron,etc.), or a temporary buff in crit chance or evasion or accuracy.
What you get could be random or maybe you could influence the outcome somehow.

[private]
Frezgle said:
Well, I haven't seen this mentioned yet...
tumblr_moatffxSlL1qmz1r0o4_1280.png

xDDDDDD omg i just died

i hope this doesn't lead to Hatoful Boyfriend starring Pidgey, Hoothoot, etc

It has already been confirmed that it will increase evasion and critical hit ratio, Flood.

"increasing certain non-stat things like ... percentage to hurt itself while dizzy confused"

I pray you mean decreasing.

Whitefire said:
"increasing certain non-stat things like ... percentage to hurt itself while dizzy confused"

I pray you mean decreasing.

I forgot to say percentage to not hurt itself while what should be called dizzy, but is called confused.

TheGuy said:
I see Amie going one of two ways. It's either going to have to do with EVs or it's going to have to do with happiness. I'm leaning towards happiness since I don't think they'd change the EV system that much.

But remember this:
"You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs."

We already know that Amie boosts happiness. It could raise maybe both happiness and EVs. That doesn't sound ridiculous at all and frankly what GF (or if that's the sources way of putting it) considers "mini-games" is questionable.

TheGuy said:
additionally, if they were to do that they would have to include Pokemon Amie in every future game, which is something I don't think they want to commit to.

Really? Like... how can you tell? The games haven't even come out yet and you're already saying that they don't want to commit to something. They're trying to reboot the franchise with this generation, so I'm pretty sure that a lot of the new stuff could be implemented in future games or expanded.

Plus, what we're seeing so far is nothing but a step up from everything we already know. This is stuff we've been waiting for.
[private]
Frezgle said:
Well, I haven't seen this mentioned yet...
tumblr_moatffxSlL1qmz1r0o4_1280.png

Is it bad that I also thought of this when they said Pokémon like to be pet in different places? lol. I hope GF would do better.

_________
Above part hidden *Drohn [/private]

Thief said:
But remember this:
"You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs."

We already know that Amie boosts happiness. It could raise maybe both happiness and EVs. That doesn't sound ridiculous at all and frankly what GF (or if that's the sources way of putting it) considers "mini-games" is questionable.

----

Really? Like... how can you tell? The games haven't even come out yet and you're already saying that they don't want to commit to something. They're trying to reboot the franchise with this generation, so I'm pretty sure that a lot of the new stuff could be implemented in future games or expanded.

Plus, what we're seeing so far is nothing but a step up from everything we already know. This is stuff we've been waiting for.

While I will concede that I guess EVs does make more sense considering those statements from the leaker I'm not sure how it would work considering which stats you get EVs in. I'll say I wouldn't count it out, I just see it as unlikely considering feasibility.

Yes, it's a step up. And yes, it's a revolution. And yes, there are going to be a lot new features. But I see Pokemon Amie as something like the PokeWalker, Contests, or the underground, a gimmick for a region or version of the game. Just based on past examples, I don't see Pokemon Amie as something that they're going to put every game from now on. That's why I don't see it as Slyveon's way to evolve because the way it evolves is something permanent and something they have to put in every game. I'd imagine that it's annoying to put the Icy Rock in for Glaceon and designating the cave for Magnezone so something like Pokemon Amie would just take up too much and really become redundant in future generations.

TheGuy said:
Thief said:
But remember this:

----

While I will concede that I guess EVs does make more sense considering those statements from the leaker I'm not sure how it would work considering which stats you get EVs in. I'll say I wouldn't count it out, I just see it as unlikely considering feasibility.

Yes, it's a step up. And yes, it's a revolution. And yes, there are going to be a lot new features. But I see Pokemon Amie as something like the PokeWalker, Contests, or the underground, a gimmick for a region or version of the game. Just based on past examples, I don't see Pokemon Amie as something that they're going to put every game from now on. That's why I don't see it as Slyveon's way to evolve because the way it evolves is something permanent and something they have to put in every game. I'd imagine that it's annoying to put the Icy Rock in for Glaceon and designating the cave for Magnezone so something like Pokemon Amie would just take up too much and really become redundant in future generations.

I can see where you're coming from. However unlike the Contests and puffins, etc. Amie is a feature that actually allows you to play with your Pokémon. You're right that it might not return and as for Sylveon I have no clue how that's going to work and don't really care (I'm just happy she's fairy). I just think that playing with your Pokémon is something more personal than any other feature we've ever had. I feel like a goal for them should be to strive for a universe like that of the anime. Not exactly, but just in how trainers interact with they're Pokémon. They are pets/partners/friends, so it makes sense that they would include an Nintendogs esq type mini game. Now whether or not it will continue to have added effects could change. Like maybe if they kept it, in the future it just wouldn't boost anything but maybe happiness alone (because that makes most sense) and would end up being called something else or just a place to go to play with your Pokémon; expanding interaction possibilities with your Pokémon. Maybe train them for battles or contests, like trainers are normally seen doing in the anime by themselves.

Of course, we all loved having our Pokémon follow us in HG/SS and they didn't keep that, so really anything could happen.

Back