Writing Pokémon 20! Current Chapter: Chapter 1

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Hi all! For those of you who don't read that thread, I have posted what I'd like 20th anniversarry editions to look like. This story's characters are based on that.

Pokémon 20 is Kanto, but 20 years in the future of Kanto. Our 3 heroes are names after 3 of the four legendary trainers - Red, the main protagonist, blue, the rival, and Green, the girl next door. Here's the prologue!

Last edited:
Looks good so far, just watch out for the occasional non-capitalized words that should be capitalized, such as 'Pallet Town' or the like. As for the voting, will this be kind of a Choose Your Own Adventure thing?

Good luck with the story! :D

Not exactly. I couldn't decide, out of the 151+ [Any baby forms or evolved forms of gen 1 Pokémon] so I'll give you guys the choice by this. Red captures 1 Pokémon of each available species that are on the current route, and then whoever wants to vote can do something like this:

USE Pidgey
BOX Rattata
USE Pichu

and the one with the most votes gets used. Also, you can use the "BOX" command on any Pokémon red is using, with the exception of the starter.

Also, You can use the Straw Poll or post in the chat.

thanks for the heads-up on that, vom!

Last edited:
Bulbasaur: 1
Charmander: 1
Squirtle: 1

You know, if you told me I would do this, I would have expected it would be very one-sided for Charmander. :p

Charmander has always been my favorite, so I would definitely show it my love on the Strawpoll. =P

Interested to seeing how this develops. I'll be keeping a close eye on the progression of the story as it has been a while since I last read a Pokemon fanfic set in the future.

Charmander: 2
Squirtle: 2
Bulbasaur: 1

So, this could be tough. Squirtle's my favourite, but when looking through some teams I made [Voting's off, turns out I had premade teams for them. Sorry!] I didn't have a set starter. We just need one more vote for either Charmander or Squirtle, and then I'll post the story.

[I have a back-up plan if absolutely necessary]

I unveil my master plan!

Squirtle is heads!

[Flips coin]

HEADS
HEADS
HEADS
search.jpg

Best of 3 coin flips are perfect for decisions. Sorry to @Ice Arceus and anyone else who wanted charmander [I'm assuming the other vote was @Vom but I have no way of being sure]

First chapter will be uploaded very shortly!

Yeah, it was me u.u
Like IA, I'll be keeping an eye on this story; I really want to see where this goes (no pressure) :p
Well, at least you get to shoot your rival to other end of the world, right?

Red walked onto Route 1, holding his Pokéball. "Go, Squirtle!" He yelled, and threw the ball out in front of him. It landed on the ground, opened up, closed, and bounced back into his hand. "Squirtle." Said the tiny turtle Pokémon. "Hey Squirtle, can you help me catch a Pokémon?" Squirtle complied, but someone tapped him on the shoulder. "Hey Red!" Green said. "You need Pokéballs to catch Pokémon!" "I do?" Red asked. "Yeah! What do you think Squirtle's in?" She had a good point. "Anyways, see ya later!" She yelled, and ran off, sighting a Pokémon. "Aww, how do I get Pokéballs?" He complained. Something in his peripheral vision was moving quickly, a red and white object flew through the air attached to a string and landed in front of Red. "What? Wait, is this a Pokéball? Alright! Come on, Squirtle! Let's catch a Pokémon!" Squirtle seemed excited. They ran into the tall grass and began searching. Suddenly, a Pidgey popped out!

"Woah!" Red yelled. He checked his Pokédex to see what attacks Squirtle had. "Alright, you have tackle, and growl. Squirtle, use Tackle!" Squirtle complied, slamming himself into the Pidgey. Pidgey fell to the ground, and quickly righted itself. "Now, I'll throw the Poké ball!" Red yelled, and tossed the ball. The ball hit the Pidgey in the head, glowed red, and the Pidgey glowed red too. the ball enveloped the Pidgey, shook 3 times, and dropped to the ground. Red ran over and picked up the ball. "We did it, Squirtle! We did it!" He yelled, jumping up and down. Squirtle was also jumping up and down, and they ran into Viridian City. "Hey Red!" Someone yelled, tapping him on the shoulder from behind. "Gah! Don't DO that, Green!" Green was behind him, clutching her stomach and laughing. "I'm sorry, I just wanted to see what you'd do!" She calmed down a bit, panting. "Hey, is that a second Pokémon?" She inquired. "Yeah, an empty Pokéball came flying out of nowhere, so I used it to catch a Pidgey." he said. "That is awesome! I wish I had luck like yours. I caught something new, too!" She said, winked, and tossed out a Pokéball. "Go, Igglybuff!" She tossed the ball into the air, and a pink circular Pokémon floated out, bouncing and weaving through the air until it landed. "Iggly!" Said the Pokémon. "What is that?" asked Red. He pulled out his Pokédex.

174.png Igglybuff: Instead of walking with its short legs, it moves around by bouncing on its soft, tender body.

"Wow! It's not even from Kanto!" Red Exclaimed. "It says here that it's the baby form of Jigglypuff!"

"Yep!" Yelled Green. "Now bring out your own Pokémon!"

"Alright. Go Pidgey!" Red yelled, calling out the Tiny Bird Pokémon. The battle was underway. Red started by commanding Pidgey to use Tackle, but the floaty Igglybuff jumped around it in the air, then Green commanded it to use Sing. Pidgey fell to the ground, asleep. Igglybuff floated gently down to earth. "I guess that wraps it up." Green said. "No way! Go, Squirtle!" Red called out squirrel, who attempted to get at Igglybuff by using Bubble. Igglybuff danced around the slow-moving bubbles, before using Copycat to turn the bubbles around, slowing Squirtle down. Red told Squirtle to use tackle, but squirtle tripped over the bubbles and fell. Igglybuff used its incredible midair speed to land beside Squirtle and put it to sleep with sing. "Aww…" Red said. "See you later, Red!" Called Green, as a gust of wind had picked up the incredibly light Igglybuff. "Well, I think I can get used to this." He mused as he walked to the Pokémon centre.

Later, Red was approaching the Viridian Forest. He walked in, and everything had gotten darker. "Well, it is a forest." He said to himself. "I wonder if i could find a Pikachu here?"

Blue approached a clearing in the forest. "Wow, this is a pretty thick forest. At least my Pokémon are levelling up." He spotted a Yellow mouse-like Pokémon on the other side, with a smaller-different looking Yellow mouse-like Pokémon beside it. He checked his Pokédex.

025.png Pikachu: When several of these Pokémon gather, their electricity could build and cause lightning storms.

172.png Pichu: The baby form of Pikachu. It is not yet skilled at storing electricity. It may send out a jolt if amused or startled.

"Hm…" Blue was deciding if he should catch Pikachu or not when Red came in from the opposite end of the clearing. "Oh, cool!" He exclaimed. "A Pikachu!" Blue decided an electric type could be useful, so he moved to the clearing. "This Pikachu is mine!" He yelled at Red. "Go, Pokéball!" He yelled, taking out a Pokéball and throwing it. At the same time, Red threw a Pokéball from the other end of the clearing. They collided in midair and bounced back to the owner's hands. Pichu ran off, and Red and Blue prepared to throw again.

All of a sudden, a large basket attached to a string came flying out of nowhere, scooped up the Pikachu, and flew off into the bushes. "Wha-" yelled Blue, and the basket came around, without Pikachu in it, and made a second pass, scooping up some Oran Berries, and flying off into the bushes. "HAUNTED BASKET!!!" Red and Blue yelled, before running down separate trails.

Enjoy, everyone!

Back