PokéBeach Forums's Weekly Banner Contest week2

Light Venusaur

Deidara~Senpai's student (in training)
Advanced Member
Welcome to the first PokéBeach Forums Weekly Banner Contest

Ladies and Gentlemen…… The moment you’ve all been waiting for…. Has finally come to fruition!! *drum roll please* For the first time…….. on PokéBeach Forums (as far a I know), I give you…….. wait for it………….. the WEEKLY BANNER CONTEST!!

Also, let it be known that I encourage newcomers! If you’ve never done this before, give it a shot – you never know our luck!

So, first things first – the rules! Be wise and read them, it won’t take long…

General:

* The new week’s contest and a poll for the previous week’s contest will be posted every Monday (give or take a few hours etc due to time zones).
* Those who choose to disobey the rules, will bow to any of the Fan Art Mods and accept completely the wrath he/she brings! (No, kidding it won’t be that bad, but please don’t go and ruin it for yourself, that’s why there are rules.)

Submitting Entries:

* Anyone can enter.
* You may send in an entry any time during the whole week, until the poll is up.
* Once you have posted an entry, you may only make minor changes to it. A contest official must accept all such minor changes.
* Entries that don't fit the theme won’t be considered for the voting.
* All entries should be made in full by the submitter. This includes resizing and image tags, etc.
* Your entry can only consist of one banner/avatar/sprite, unless otherwise specified. No rotating banners, no sets.
* All entries have to be created for the contest; you cannot submit something you made for some other purpose.
* You may use non-Pokémon-related art as long as the contest doesn't say otherwise. However, you must post a link to the original art.
* If you have any question about whether your entry falls within the rules, please PM one of the officials about it before posting the entry.

Schedule:

* Every week that ends in 5, we'll have an optional animated banner contest.
* Every week that ends in 0, we'll have a wallpaper contest.
* Every so once in while, not yet determined as a specific time, the Teal Test will come around, a place that puts the designing to the test for an actual prize.

Banners:

* Banners must be useable as sigs - i.e. no larger than 450x150 or 600x100.
* Banners cannot be animated unless the theme states otherwise.
* Animated banners cannot have a file size greater than 500 KB.
* The use of Fan Art in banners is prohibited (unless the Fan Art belongs to you).

* Avatars must be usable as a forum profile picture. This means that they must be less than 64KB in file size.

Voting:

* Anyone can vote.
* You usually have three votes. Please use them all. You do not have to do so, but it would be recommended.
* It would also be nice if you could explain your votes in a short post. Again, this is not required, but would be nice.
* You are not allowed to vote for yourself.
* You are not allowed to suggest to other people that they should vote for you.
* The voting will be as follows: You get one vote if there are 4 or less entries for the week, two votes if there are 8 or less entries, and three votes for greater than 9.
* The initial voting stage lasts for 4 days.

Champion Poll:

* The Champion Poll will be for the top three artists of the week, and will run for 3 days.
* There will a Champion Poll for every week with 6 or more contestants.
* There will be no Champion Poll if there are only 5 or less entries, and the initial poll will run for the entire week.

List of Contest Officials
  • LV
  • Insidious_Dreamer

Themes + Mediums:

My ideas for the themes would be very broad, but they should be easy to manipulate… Things like ‘Sport’ or ‘Blue Pokémon’, etc. Nothing too specific.

The mediums for the different weeks could be mixed and matched:
- a banner AND an avatar
- two banners
- two complimentary banners
- vertical banners (i.e. 150x450 or 100x600)
- etc.

Hope you all enjoy this new venture! See you soon.

Medium: Banner & Avvie
Banner: 450x150 or 600x100
Avvie: 150x150

Other: Your not allowed to use stuff from deviantART, unless you contact the art/ist yourself.

Start Date: Monday, 2nd Feb 09

Back