PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Oct. 2014 - Ghost

Thanks Spoon!
Honestly, I wasn't expecting that many points docked for that (if any at all) but I guess that is just judge opinion.

What's a bet that my card for November is going to score 2nd the third time in a row.

Oh sweet if I didn't edit I would've come 3rd!
Damn it, me!

Congratulations to the winners!

Now back to studying

Good job everyone and congratulations Dynamic Duo and Sam! :D

I didn't expect my own score to be as high as it is. Maybe I should play the TCG sometime. :p

(Late since I'm having exams this week.)

Heavenly Spoon said:
what I’m trying to say is that you should use “fewer” instead of “less”.

Less is actually the correct word to use here. Example here and here.

To be honest, I would have liked if you gave us a heads up that we would need to italicize the correct words, since no previous text-based judge I've seen has taken that into account. But since it applied to everyone, I don't mind that much.

Woo, I won! :D Glad you liked my card so much, Spoon! Congrats to PMJ and Athena for winning text-based, and everyone else for their great entries. I must say, I really liked the cards this month. The fan vote was really hard for me this month. And thank you CMP and Spoon for judging this month. I personally liked your strict judging, Spoon. And don't worry about being late, CMP. Sometimes life just catches up to you. I can tell you right now if I were to judge CaC with my current life schedule, I would never be able to get it done on time. >.>

And that just leaves us with next month. To tell y'all the truth, I haven't worked on my entry what-so-ever. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Machamp The Champion said:
Heavenly Spoon said:
what I’m trying to say is that you should use “fewer” instead of “less”.

Less is actually the correct word to use here. Example here and here.
I was referring to the "less" referring to Pokémon, where it would have to be fewer (see e.g. Victini NVI). Energy is ethereal, Pokémon are unique countable things.

I personally liked your strict judging, Spoon.
Well, yes, you would, wouldn't you, Mr. near-perfect-score-anyway.

I made a dumb mistake writing one instead of 1 .-.
Well, I'm pretty happy with the results. Nice job Articwhite!

Heavenly Spoon said:
Well, yes, you would, wouldn't you, Mr. near-perfect-score-anyway.

But, but, 47 would've been a bad score for me if Luis was judging if he used his old judging scheme. D:

Took the liberty to fix it. Now, that said...

You meanie...! :'(

lol, jk, but the fact that both scores are within the same range show the real quality of your entries. All I used to do is to over-value Creativity points and deducted them instead if giving them. That will be different next time I judge, though. ;) That's why my scores were a bit inflated.

Here are the fan voting results!

Image-Based
1st Place: BigfootAUS (Aegislash) - 5 Points
2nd Place: [TIE] Blui (Shedninja), Dynamic Duo (Froslass) - 3 Points
3rd Place: [TIE] Arcticwhite & Wigglytuff (Dusknoir), Auride (Rotom), professorlight (Mismagius) - 2 Points

Text-Based
1st Place: Keeper of Night (Frosslass) - 5 Points
2nd Place: Mr. Stoopid (Mismagius) - 4 Points
3rd Place: [TIE] Luispipe8 (Banette), Reggie McGigas (Darkrai) - 3 Points

Back