Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: July 2018 - Unused Types ~ Official Judging is Now Up!

"shortly"

Image voting: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/W9JQCN3
Text voting: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WDDF7JW

Fan-voting forms are up! It's quick to vote, so why not have your say? We had a record low turnout last month - with only 2 people voting - so let's change that. ;) For those that have noticed, that's why the fan results still haven't (and won't end up be) put up for June.

Image-Based
@that ivy guy - Arceus
@Nekoban Ryo - Alex's Burmy
@Jabberwock - Tornadus-EX
@blahblahbal - Lasarat
@TheR3DX - Ho-oh
@MarshalBry - Shining Decidueye-GX
@Nyan - Weavile-GX

Text-Based
@
Anime Psyclone's Powerwolf's Giratina ◇
@VioletValkyrie - Rayquaza ◇
@Nyora - Regirock
@Luplayz - Scizor
@DashKing - Golurk
@Lord Goomy - Unfeazant-GX
@LeoMyFriend - Drifblim-GX
@GM DracLord - Dread's Flygon-GX

Last edited:
Fan-Voting Results
Have some results! I'm glad to see a nice spike in votes for the image-based portion, with a variety of new and returning fakers taking up some spots. Thanks for having your say!

Image-Based:
1st:
@MarshalBry - Shining Decidueye-GX - 13 points
2nd: @Nyan - Weavile-GX - 12.5 points
3rd: @Jabberwock - Tornadus-EX - 9 points
4th: @that ivy guy - Arceus - 8 points

Text-Based:
1st:
@VioletValkyrie - Rayquaza ◇ - 10 points
2nd: @LeoMyFriend - Drifblim-GX - 5 points
3rd: [TIED] @GM DracLord - Dread's Flygon-GX || @Nyora - Regirock - 3 points

I'm sad to say that this is my last month of hosting this little competition, as I step down from other areas of the site. It's been an honour! A special thanks to all those who have believed in the competition both now, and back then in the ages of limbo. This won't be the last you see of me though - I should appear as a judge or maybe even a contestant every now and then in future! ;)

Last edited:
Fan-Voting Results
Have some results! I'm glad to see a nice spike in votes for the image-based portion, with a variety of new and returning fakers taking up some spots. Thanks for having your say!

Image-Based:
1st:
@MarshalBry - Shining Decidueye-GX - 13 points
2nd: @Nyan - Weavile-GX - 12.5 points
3rd: @Jabberwock - Tornadus-EX - 9 points
4th: @that ivy guy - Arceus - 8 points

Text-Based:
1st:
@VioletValkyrie - Rayquaza ◇ - 10 points
2nd: @LeoMyFriend - Drifblim-GX - 5 points
3rd: [TIED] @GM DracLord - Dread's Flygon-GX || @Nyora - Regirock - 3 points

I'm sad to say that this is my last month of hosting this little competition, as I step down from other areas of the site. It's been an honour! A special thanks to all those who have believed in the competition both now, and back then in the ages of limbo. This won't be the last you see of me though - I should appear as a judge or maybe even a contestant every now and then in future! ;)
Thank for all the time you have hosted

Image-Based Results

Judge: @bbninjas

It was fantastic to see not only wide-spread participation from new and returning faces of the image faking community this month, but quality entries from every single participant! Over half of you achieved scores above 40 -- which is pretty impressive alone -- and all of you took the theme on board and shone in your own unique way. This month, points were mostly lost in the placements section - so don't forget to double check your entry with a overlayed scan of an official card before submissions. This will also be my last time judging for a while -- thanks for having me, it's been an honour. ^.^

that ivy guy:

7Y8fMuS.png

Aaah the nostalgia! I like how you’ve reversed the direction of the holosheet rings to match the new / mystery type.

Enigmatic Creation is quite a different spin on standard energy acceleration, so that’s nice. I’m glad you put a “If you haven’t played an Energy card” clause since that would be necessary for balance, and I like how the effect encourages some forward-thinking play. Incomprehensible Blast has nice synergy, but is fairly standard for a marker-based attack.

Wording errors:
- “have not played” should be “didn’t play”. (Ref: Igglybuff GE) -1pts
- you “put” markers on Pokemon, instead of “place”. -1pts)

Fonts and Placement errors:
- The PokeDex information should be a few more pixels higher. (-1pts)
- The attack effect text should begin a few more pixels to the left. (-0.5pts)

Creativity/Originality: 10/15
(Exploring some nice design space.)
Wording: 13/15
(A couple of minor slips.)
Fonts and Placement: 8.5/10
(Some very slight errors.)
Believability/Playability: 5/5
(Everything looks fine!)
Aesthetics: 4/5
(Creative use of holosheeting.)
Total: 40.5/50

Nekoban Ryo:
burmy_gymneo-jpg.15424

Long time, no see Neko!

I’m always a fan of your cards, and now is no exception. The art is fantastic, as is the flavour! The effect of Power Cloak is unique, providing some nice type advantage without blatantly making the Pokemon every single possible type (looking at you, Kecleon). It also doesn’t really abuse Weakness since the base damage is so low. Cloak Confetti has some brilliant synergy, so that all the Energy that was stockpiled for Power Cloak doesn’t end up going to waste.

Wording errors:
- There should be a space between “Alex’s Burmy” and “Apply damage”. (-1pts)
- “Alex’s Burmy was that type” should be “Alex’s Burmy’s type was that type”. (-1pts)

Everything looks fine to me!

Creativity/Originality: 14/15
(Fun flavour, fresh effects, fantastic synergy.)
(A couple of minor misses.)
Fonts and Placement: 10/10
(All good.)
(Looks fine to me.)
Aesthetics: 5/5
(Fantastic art as per usual.)
Total: 47/50

Jabberwock:
TiersDx.png

I’m feeling a bit blown away tbh

Storm Winds is a fun and flavourful ability, although it’s reminiscent of Gengar AR’s Curse PokePower, which has a very similar but less-restricted effect. I’m a little cautious about power levels because similar Abilities can be found on Stage 2s, and Tornadus-EX is an easily splashable Basic. Hurricane Blaster is a fun mixture of effects, and works quite nicely with the Ability. Good work!

Wording errors:
- There should be a “in this way” after “For each card you discard”. (Ref: Mismagius SF) (-2pts)

- A do feel that, for consistency’s sake, there shouldn’t be any PokeDex height / weight / species info, since you don’t have a PokeDex entry in full, nor a level as is standard in the DP-era. -1pts

Creativity/Originality: 11/15
(Fun flavour and synergy.)
(Just a slip.)
Fonts and Placement: 9/10
(Odd inconsistency..)
Believability/Playability: 4.5/5
(Cautious -0.5pts for power levels.)
(Looking good.)
Total: 42.5/50

blahblahbal:
Lasarat_CAC_test_10.png

Coronal Mass Ejection shows some nice design space exploration by punishing your opponent for using too many Supporter cards too often. It is a bit too useful to be on a splashable basic Pokemon - the effect would be better on a Stage 1 or 2 for that reason. Sunlight Flare is great from a flavour perspective, although I do feel that there is a bit too much going on in the effect.

The art honestly feels a bit flat and lacks perspective, since each appendage is facing the same direction and lies at a similar depth.

Wording errors:
- Seems fine.

- The font size for the PokeDex information is too large. (-1pts)
- The PokeDex entry font should be bolder. (-1pts)
- The Energy attack costs should be quite a few pixels more to the left. (-1pts)
- The attack effects should be a few more pixels to the right of the first Energy in the attack cost. (-0.5pts)
- The Weakness orb and text, and the Retreat Cost orbs, should be a few more pixels higher and more to the left. (-1pts)
- There should be more space between the set symbol and the set information. (-0.5pts)

(Exploring some nice design space.)
Wording: 15/15
(Looks fine.)
Fonts and Placement: 5/10
(A few minor font and placement errors.)
Believability/Playability: 4/5
(Slight power creep.)
Aesthetics: 3/5
(Feels a bit flat.)
Edit penalty: -2pts
Total: 36/50

TheR3DX:
Ho-oh_Crystal.png

I see those references to the Neo-era! There’s a nod to crystal types, similar Energy costs to Neo-era legendary birds and a classic retro-style 3D model. That said, I’m a bit confused as to which era you’re faking to. Wording and aesthetics suggest Neo, yet power levels and HP suggest modern. I’m going to assume that these customs are modern-era power with Neo-era wording, then.

Rainbow Rebirth is reminiscent of various Energy-acceleration effects commonplace on Ho-oh in official TCG, although it is a fresh spin on that. Elemental Wing is a fairly standard attack.

Wording errors:
- “If” should not be capitalised. (-1pts)
- “Put them in your hand” should be “Put them into your hand”. (-1pts)

- The art / holosheeting work can be seen outside of the corners of the card. (-0.5pts)

(Fresh spin on familiar effects.)
(A few sneaky ones.)
Fonts and Placement: 9.5/10
(A tiny -0.5.)
(Should be fine.)
(Clearly Neo-inspired.)
Total: 43.5/50

MarshalBry:
I3nR7EY.png

I’m very much liking the art here, Marshal! There’s this slight felt-like texture on the model, which works very nicely with the moody colours to create your own unique style.

I like how you’ve heavily explored the damage counter design space. Hallowed Grounds is a fairly standard heal effect in itself, while Spectral Snipe is nice spin on the standard “do damage for each Energy attachment” affect. I really like Sacrifical Bond. “KO one of your Pokemon, KO one of your opponent’s” effects are typically quite lopsided, as you can sacrifice a weak Pokemon to KO a massive threat. However, by keeping the damage output equal on your side and your opponent’s, you stop this from being an issue. That’s smart design.

Wording errors:
- There should be a comma between “your Active Pokemon” and “you may remove”, and a comma between “on that Pokemon” and “put 1 damage counter”. (-1.5pts)
- “One” should be in numerical form, that is, “1”. x3 (-2pts)
- In the SM-era, you don’t “remove 3 damage counters”, you “heal 30 damage”. (-1pts)
- The order of the “on 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon” clause is wrong. It should come immediately after “Put damage counters”. (-2pts)
- The GX attack is unnecessarily clunky. Instead of putting damage counters on one of your Pokemon, you can just Knock it Out. Then, put damage counters on 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon equal to the maximum HP of the Pokemon you KO’d. (-2pts)

- There should be slightly more of a gap between “Shining Decidueye” and the GX symbol. (-1pts)
- The HP text should be a few more pixels down and to the left. (-0.5pts)
- The attack name text should be quite a few more pixels towards the right. (-1pts)
- The attack effect text should be a few more pixels to the right of the first Energy cost symbol. (-0.5pts)
- The attack effect text should be aligned as ‘justified’. (-1pts)
- The Weakness and Resistance orbs should be slightly smaller in size, and a few more pixels down and to the left. (-1.5pts)
- The Illustration font should be a few pixels larger. (-0.5pts)
- The set number is missing. (-1pts)
- The GX text in the GX attack should be a few more pixels to the right. (-0.5pts)

Creativity/Originality: 13/15
(Smart design through fun exploration of design space.)
Wording: 6.5/15
(Some tricky wording here.)
Fonts and Placement: 2.5/10
(Quite a number of errors.)
(Should be fine.)
(Looking good.)
Total: 30/50

Nyan:
Weavile_GX.png

You could say that I’m getting the chills just looking at this card, Nyan! It’s been put together brilliantly - you should be very proud of yourself!

Chilling Hazard is a fairly standard damage-placing effect. I was considering power levels, since the Ability could stack to 40 extra free damage each turn, but I think that’s fine since it would require plenty of resources to set up. Cyro Claws is also fairly standard. I quite like Frost Pike as a GX attack. It’s limited to Pokemon with Energy already attached, but even if you don’t KO the Pokemon, you still cripple it for a potential follow-up attack next turn. The flavour’s fantastic all around.

Wording errors:
- “this isn’t a” should be “that isn’t a”. (-1pts)

The white outline on the card name should be a couple of pixels thicker. (-1pts)
The Energy orb for the type of the card should be a few pixels smaller. (-1pts)
The HP text should be a few more pixels to the left. (-1pts)
The GX symbol in the GX attack should be stretched wider. (-0.5pts)
The Ability symbol and attack orbs (and other attack text by consequences) should all be a few more pixels towards the right. (-0.5pts)

Creativity/Originality: 12/15
(Some fun effects, particularly the GX attack, and flavour.)
Wording: 14/15
(Just a minor slip.)
Fonts and Placement: 6/10
(A few misses.)
(If PCL was to make a Weavile-GX, this should be it.)
(Skillful work.)
Total: 40/50

3rd Place: Jabberwock’s Tornadus-EX, with 42.5/50 points.
2nd Place: TheR3DX’s Ho-oh, with 43.5/50 points.
1st Place: Nekoban Ryo’s Alex’s Burmy with 47/50 points

Text-Based Results

Judge: @bbninjas

It’s been interesting watching how you have all developed over the years that I’ve judged the text-based portion. There clearly are massive improvements from all of you, each and every month - and its great to see! This month, important points were most often lost because of simple wording errors and edit penalties - so always remember to double and triple check your entry before posting! It could make-or-break your score. ;)

Anime Psyclone:
Powerwolf’s Giratina ◇ / Stage 2/ HP:170 /Ghost
[Gt][Gt]Armata Strigoi: 70
Flip a coin. If heads, the opposing Pokèmon is now Asleep.
[Gt][Gt][Fire][Fire] Fire and Forgive: 100
Place a burn counter on the opposing Pokèmon. Place 5 damage counters on it in between turns.
Weakness: Dark x2
Resistance: N/A
Dex entry:”An evil Pokèmon, it did many terrible things to get banished before Powerwolf caught it.”
Retreat Cost: [C][C][C]
The first thing that strikes me about this card is the attack name, Armata Strigoi, which apparently means something like “the army of the spirits of the dead”. It’s nice flavour and a nod to Powerwolf’s song of the same name, albeit a bit too leftstream for it to be understood by a PTCG audience and so it’s not a believable attack name. I would’ve liked to have seen more than just a “your opponent is asleep” effect, especially with flavour opportunities to explore spaces relating to the discard pile - or even the Lost Zone. Fire and Forgive is also a fairly standard special condition effect.

I’m very confused as to why a Giratina is a Stage 2? The HP is also a bit too high on comparison to other Prism Star legends, which caps at 160. You’re also missing a [F] resistance, which would make sense on a [Gt] type Pokemon.

Wording errors:
- The order of the Energy costs for ‘Fire and Forgive’ should be [R] and then [Gt] according to convention. (-1pts)
- The accent on the ‘e’ in Pokémon should be facing the opposite direction. That is, é instead of è. x3 (-2pts)
- “the opposing Pokemon” should be “your opponent’s Active Pokemon”. x2 (-1.5pts)
- ‘burn’ should be capitalised as ‘Burn’. (-1pts)
- You ‘put’ counters on Pokemon, not ‘place’. x2 (-1.5pts)
- “Place a burn counter on the opposing Pokèmon.” should be entirely reworded as “Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Burned.” (-2pts)
- There should be an ‘instead of 2” after “5 damage counters”. (-2pts)
- “on it” should be “on that Pokemon”. (-1pts)
- You are missing the Prism Star rule. (-2pts)

(Ref: Salazzle CIN, Infernape FLI)

Creativity/Originality: 11/20
(Some creative flavour / effects.)
Wording: 1/15
(A number of simple errors that could be avoided simply by checking real-life PTCG cards. :) )
Believability/Playability: 9/15
(Some straying from conventional figures such as HP, stage type and Resistance, flavour that is too left-stream.)
Total: 21/50

VioletValkyrie:
Rayquaza ♢ - Flying – HP160
Basic Pokémon

♢ Prism Star Rule: You can’t have more than 1 Prism Star card with the same name in your deck. If a Prism Star card would go to the discard pile, put it in the Lost Zone instead.

【 Ability: Serpentine Gale 】
When you play this Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench during your turn, you may have each player put cards from their hand into the Lost Zone until they have 5 cards in their hand.

[FL][FL][C] Grand Quazar 100+
Discard as many cards attached to your Pokemon as you like. This attack does 20 more damage for each card discarded in this way. Then, discard all Energy attached to this Pokemon.

Weakness: [L] x2
Resistance: [F] -20
Retreat: None

PokéDex Entry: Rayquaza is said to have lived for hundreds of millions of years. Legends remain of how it put to rest the clash between Kyogre and Groudon.

I’m impressed, Violet! The classic ‘play-from-the-hand’ Ability and the explosive nature of the attack, both positive and negative, makes this card seem right at home amongst other Prism Star Pokemon. Serpentine Gale is a fun effect in in itself, and although it is not inherently unique (Salamence DRV actually has a similar effect), the slight difference (the Lost Zone) does have interesting repercussions. Unfortunately, I do think that this effect creeps in power slightly because it can potentially change the tide of battle massively - it’s a splashable basic, meaning that your opponent can’t really prepare against it (a massive blow if your opponent has a large hand), cards in the Lost Zone can’t be retrieved in any way (locking away vital resources), and remembering that the Ability can be used more than once thanks to cards like Super Scoop Up.

Grand Quazar is a fitting nod to past Rayquaza cards that deal with similar discard effects, and I like the way you’ve ramped up stakes by allowing more types of cards to discard. There’s some power creep here -- it’s not difficult to hit 160 thanks to Pokemon Tools -- where other Prism Stars hit 160 for four Energy. The mandatory energy discard also reads like something of an afterthought. Because that discard happens after extra damage is calculated, it offers no bonus damage output. You might as well discard that Energy by choice earlier, and get some extra damage! This mandatory discard feels out-of-place, as if it should occur before the choice discard, or as if there is a missing “Cards discarded from this Pokemon don’t count for extra damage” that belongs there.

Wording errors:
- Just missing the é on two of the “Pokemon”. x2 (-1.5pts)

Creativity/Originality: 15/20
(Subtle tweaks on established effects that make for new and interesting scenarios.)
Wording: 13.5/15
(A sneaky miss.)
Believability/Playability: 12/15
(Power creep, the attack’s mandatory discard seems like an after-thought.)
Total: 38.5/50

Nyora:
Regirock HP 130 Rock
Basic Pokémon
regirock.gif

NO. 377 Rock Peak Pokémon HT: 5'07" WT: 507.1 lbs.

/Ability/ ~ Robot Rock
Each of your Regice, Regigigas, and Registeel in play is now a [K] Pokémon in addition to its existing types. If this Pokémon would be Knocked Out for any reason other than being Knocked Out by damage from an opponent’s Pokémon’s attack, you may move any cards attached to this Pokémon to your other Pokémon in any way you like. (You cannot move any Pokémon Tool cards from this Pokémon to your other Pokémon with Pokémon Tool cards attached to them in this way.)

[K] Contact 30
Search your deck for up to 2 [K] Energy and attach them to your Pokémon in any way you like. Then, shuffle your deck. This Pokémon is Knocked Out.

Regirock’s body is composed entirely of rocks. Recently, a study made the startling discovery that the rocks were all unearthed from different locations.

Weakness: Grass x2
Resistance: Flying -20
Retreat: 3

It seems like there’s two entirely different effects making up this Ability and each would work suitably as an Ability by themself, so that’s a bit odd. That aside, if a new type was made for canonical Rock typing, an “add the type” effect would be perfect for introducing the type to previously released Regis! Clever. I like how the “Knocked Out” effect only activates when the KO is NOT because of attack damage, as it flips the conventional effect on its head.

Contact is a unique take on Energy acceleration, thanks to its synergy with Robot Rock. The main weakness of attack-based Energy acceleration is the fact that once the attack is used, the Energy attached to Regirock is pretty much ‘dead Energy’, and this attack-ability combo mitigates this.

Wording errors:
- “Knocked Out for any reason other... Pokémon’s attack” could be written more simpler, “Knocked Out, except by damage from an opponent’s attack,”. (-2pts)
- The “in this way” in the Ability effect is redundant since that is already implied. (-1pts)
- Whenever Energy is not attached to a Pokemon, it is referred to as “Energy cards”. (-1pts)

Creativity/Originality: 18/20
(Unique exploration of design space and synergy.)
Wording: 11/15
(A few minor slips.)
Believability/Playability: 13/15
(Two Abilities in one is a bit strange.)
Total: 42/50

Luplayz:
(Stage 1) Evolves from Scyther Scizor HP100 (Bg)

Pincer Pokémon, Length: 5’11, Weight: 260.1 lbs.
(Bg) Rough Dive
Put 2 damage counters on 1 of your opponent’s Pokémon. Then discard an Energy attached to that Pokémon.

(Bg) (Bg) Battle Blades 20×
This attack does 20 damage times the amount of damage counter on your opponent’s Active Pokémon.

Weakness : (F) Resistance : Retreat Cost : (C)

This Pokémon's pincers, which contain steel, can crush any hard object it gets a hold of into bits.

I’m liking the dynamic use of flavour that you’ve got going here, Luplayz. Rough Dive is a fairly standard effect… except that you haven’t actually specified a time during which the Ability can be used. :p If it can be used once a turn, the effect is broken as you can keep discarding Energy and preventing your opponent from attacking. If the effect only activates when Scizor evolves, then it’s still a power creep when looking at Crawdaunt PRC, which was powerful with just the ability to discard Energy. There is some nice synergy between Rough Dive and Battle Blades, but otherwise, the attack has a fairly common effect as well.

Wording errors:
- “Then discard an Energy” should be “Then, discard an Energy”. (-1pts)
- There should be a clause in the Ability that specifies when the Ability can be used. (-3pts)
- ‘times the amount of’ should be ‘for each’. (-1pts)

Creativity/Originality: 13/20
(Some nice flavour and synergy.)
Wording: 10/15
(A few slips.)
(Some power creep.)
Total: 36/50

DashKing:
Golurk
HP 100
Type [Gt]

Ability: Vengeful Spirit
If this Pokémon was Knocked Out during your opponent's last turn and if this Pokémon is in your discard pile, you may put this Pokémon onto your Bench. If you do, place 4 damage counters on your opponent’s Pokémon in any way you like.

Ability: Pain Amplification
At any time between turns, if this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, put 1 damage counter on each of your opponent’s Pokémon that has a damage counter on it.

[Gt] [Gt] Spectral Force:
This attack does 90 damage to 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Weakness: [D]x2
Resistance: [F]-20
Retreat: [C][C][C]

PokéDex: It is said that Golurk were ordered to protect people and Pokémon by the ancient people who made them.

It’s been a while Dash, but I’m already liking what I see!

Vengeful Spirit is an interesting (and probably more accurate) spin on the typical Rough Skin-style Abilities. I particularly like how the effect brings the Golurk into play without the Golett, to improve consistency. Pain Amplification and Spectral Force both have fairly standard effect, although nicely compliment each other to form a universal goal. Spectral Force is probably a tad overpowered, considering that official cards require some three Energy to dish out just 50 damage of snipe.

Wording errors:
- Vengeful Spirit should begin with “If this Pokémon is in your discard pile” clause and then be followed by “If this Pokemon was Knocked Out…”, instead of the other way around. (-1pts)
- Damage counters are ‘put’, not ‘placed’. (-1pts)
- The “Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance” clause should be in italics. (-1pts)

Creativity/Originality: 15/20
(Great synergy and some nice exploration of design space.)
Wording: 12/15
(A few minor slips.)
(Power creep.)
Total: 38/50

Lord Goomy:
Stage 2: Unfeazant GX 230 HP [Fg]

Ability: Raptor’s Eye
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard an Energy attached to this Pokémon. If you do, switch one of your opponent’s Benched Pokémon with their Active Pokémon.

[Fg][Fg][C] Hunting Dive 110+
If this Pokémon used its Raptor’s Eye Ability this turn, this attack does 50 more damage.

[Fg] Supersonic Flight GX
As long as your GX counter is flipped face-down, all of your Pokémon have no Retreat Cost. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in game.)

When a Pokémon-GX is Knocked Out, take 2 Prize Cards.

W: [L]
R: [Gd]
Retreat: [C]

I’m really liking how flavour inspired your card design, Goomy! Hunting Dive is deceptively simple, yet it’s an effect that’s never really been seen on recent official cards. Raptor’s Eye is fairly standard, yet you’ve used flavour to spin it in a niche way. It’s been tied with Hunting Dive to create a package of sorts; the effects clearly belong on the card together, and don’t at all feel forced. Along with the obvious, there is some nice subtle synergy - because the Pokemon that you choose from the Bench will probably be undamaged, the increased damage output is all the more necessary for achieving that all-important KO.
The PTCG hasn’t really had a mechanic that could cast a permanent and irreversible effect over the game, but your idea in the Supersonic Flight GX attack might open a whole new space to explore! Relying on the GX counter being flipped over is simple and elegant solution, ingenious because it relies on the core of the GX mechanic. Plus, it encourages for some early-game use of GX attacks, which is a fresh change. That’s some fantastic design.

Wording errors:
- “before your attack” should be in italics. (-1pts)
- “one” should be “1”. (-1pts)
- “GX marker is flipped face-down” should be “GX marker is face down”. (-1pts)
- Taking Volbeat CES as precedent, “used its Raptor’s Eye Ability this turn” should just be “used Raptor’s Eye during this turn”. (-1pts)
- A GX counter is referred to as a “GX marker. (Ref: Official rulebook) (-1pts)
- “All of your Pokemon have no Retreat Cost” should be “Your Pokemon in play have no Retreat Cost”. (-2pts)

Creativity/Originality: 20/20
(I’m happy to give full creativity points for this card! An elegant combination of simple effects with entirely new opportunities and design space.)
Wording: 8/15
(A number of small slips.)
Believability/Playability: 15/15
(Seems fine to me.)
Total: 43/50

LeoMyFriend:
Drifblim-GX - Ghost - HP220
Stage 1 - Evolves from Drifloon

Ability: Drag Away
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, you may have your opponent switch their Active Pokemon with one of their Benched Pokemon. If they do, switch this Pokemon with one of your Benched Pokemon.

[Gt][C] Spit Up: 30+ damage. This attack does 20 more damage for each Energy attached to this Pokemon.

[Gt][C][C] Blow Away-GX: Put all Energy and Pokemon Tools attached to your opponent's Active Pokemon into the Lost Zone. If you do, your opponent switches their Active Pokemon with one of their Benched Pokemon. (You cannot use more than 1 GX attack per game.)

When 1 of your Pokemon-GX is Knocked out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Ghost (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 2

I like how you’ve played around with a “blowing away” theme, and design space that involves switching Pokemon around, Leo. It's nice see that consistency throughout the card design. Drag Away in itself is a fairly standard Escape Rope effect, which we’ve seen on the likes of Volcarona SLG, and so it's finely balanced. Spit Up and Blow-Away are also fairly standard effects, with nice flavour and somewhat fresh combinations.

Drifblim with a Retreat Cost of [C][C] does seem a bit odd, considering all recent Drifblim fluctuate between just [C] and no Retreat Cost.

Wording errors:
- “before your attack” should be in italics. (-1pts)
- “one” should be “1”. x3 (-2pts)
- Missing the accented é in ‘Pokemon’. x12 (-4pts)

Creativity/Originality: 13/20
(Fun use of flavour and combinations of effects.)
Wording: 8/15
(A few minor slips.)
Believability/Playability: 14/15
(Odd retreat cost.)
Total: 35/50

GM Draclord:
Dread's Flygon GX HP 230 [Gd]
Stage 2 - Evolves from Vibrava

Ability - Extreme Sand
As long as Dread's Flygon GX is your Active Pokémon, put 1 damage counter on all Pokémon in play (excluding [Gd], [Rc] & ['S] Pokémon) between turns.

[Gd][Gd][Gd] Earth Spikes
This attack does 20 damage to each of your opponent's Pokémon that have any damage counters on it.

[Gd] Hazard Wind GX
Your opponent discard his or her hand. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Weakness - [Ic]
Resistence - [Ec] -20
Retreat Cost - [C][C]

[When your Pokémon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.]

I’m really liking how you’ve gone all-in with the theme, Drac, even using alternate (and more accurate) typing for elements such as the Weakness and Resistance! Very nice.

As per usual, I’m liking the flavour of your card. Funnily enough, on the mechanical side of things, this design is quite similar to that of DashKing’s Golurk of this month! Extreme Sand is a fairly typical Ability effect for a Flygon, while Hazard Wind is a fairly basic effect for a GX attack. Earth Spikes has some obvious synergy with the Ability, which is nice.

Wording errors:
- In the SM era, “his or her” is written as “their”. (-1pts)
- There is no need for the “in play” in the Ability in the SM-era. (-1pts)
- “on all” should be “on each”. (-1pts)
- “as long as” should be “if”. (-1pts)
- The Ability begin with “Between turns,” instead of this clause being at the end of the Ability. (-1pts)
- “discard” should be “discards”. (-1pts)

Creativity/Originality: 14/20
(Exploration of theme, fun flavour and combination of effects.)
Wording: 9/15
(Just a bunch of minor errors.)
Believability/Playability: 15/15
(Fairly standard for a Flygon.)
Total: 35/50

3rd Place: VioletValkyrie’s Rayquaza ◇, with 38.5/50 points.
2nd Place: Nyora’s Regirock, with 42/50 points.
1st Place: Lord Goomy’s Unfeazant-GX with 43/50 points

Hooray! I didn't expect to win with this one, especially with how it placed in fan-voting. Not quite as exciting as the other entries.

I don't know how I missed that missing space. (There actually is a space there, but I've noticed that Gill Sans gets wonky on spacing after a period sometimes; this can be seen on some official cards as well, including Neo Genesis 11 Meganium.)

I honestly wanted to give it a single attack, but I thought I'd get a better score with some synergy.

Back