• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Poison Swipe (Doublade / Victreebel)

DeathCat27

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon 14
  • 3-3 Doublade (PRC)
  • 2-1-2 Victreebel
  • 2 Dedenne
  • 1 Kyurem
Trainers 34
  • 3 Training Center
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 3 N
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Wally
  • 2 Energy Retreval
  • 2 Evosoda
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 2 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Rare Candy
  • 2 Switch
  • 2 Trainers' Mail
  • 3 Trick Coin
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 2 VS Seeker
Energy 12
  • 8 Grass Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy

So my idea with this deck is to False Swipe with Doublade and have poison get the Knockout, pretty simple. I have Hypnotoxic and Victreebel to get the poison. I threw Rocky Helmet in just in case I can't get poison off.

I have Training Center to counter Stadiums and maybe give a little more cushion to Doublade. I was considering Silent Lab maybe?

Kyurem is just a counter to fire decks because both mains are weak.

Last edited:
I Completely overlooked that lol I'll have to rewrite it when I get home

Last edited:
When Ancient Origins comes out, you might want to consider including a Great Plant Forest or two in there to ensure you get Victreebel out as fast as possible, but it's not an essential change. The deck seems solid overall, and it's certainly interesting!

Yeah I was thinking about switching stadiums when it comes out. Training Stadium doesn't do much other than a counter. After play testing with my friend the only problem I'm having is getting Doublade or Victreebel set up at the same time. When I do get them both set up it's pretty solid. I'm hoping Level Ball will also help out

Doublade over Gourgeist XY? Doublade has DCE but Gourgeist has no coin flip.

Doublade over Gourgeist XY? Doublade has DCE but Gourgeist has no coin flip.
I tested Gourgeist at first, and Doublade worked out better for me. With Doublade, in some matches, I'm able to set up and knock out on turn 1 going second. Also, Gourgeist got knocked out a lot easier. every know and then I'm able to take out more than one with Doublade. I just tended to win more matches with Doublade than I did with Gourgeist. Also Doublade will be searchable with Level Ball. So really its just a matter of prefrence

I tested Gourgeist at first, and Doublade worked out better for me. With Doublade, in some matches, I'm able to set up and knock out on turn 1 going second. Also, Gourgeist got knocked out a lot easier. every know and then I'm able to take out more than one with Doublade. I just tended to win more matches with Doublade than I did with Gourgeist. Also Doublade will be searchable with Level Ball. So really its just a matter of prefrence

Cool cool. I tried to make Gorgeist work for the longest but never got the ratios and card choices just right lol.

The coinflip on Bronzong is just so off-putting. Fliptini is nice to get around that, I'm worried about him getting Lysandre'd, or having to search him taking one piece away from your setup. Then again, I haven't played since Trainer's Mail/Wally was a thing.

Also, you think Rocky Helmet is worth the space? No one will ever attack into it if it means their death. There doesn't seem to be too many better options sadly. Maybe a 2-2 Golbat (Phantom Forces 32) line?? Shadow Triad to get the Lasers back?

Just to brainstorm, here's a few decklists from my post history, hopefully they help:

Gourgeist/Golbat deck
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/gourgeist-golbat.122877

My mediocre Gourgeist build
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/spirit-scream-gourgeist-sigilyph-leafeon.122610

Destructive Wish Jirachi build, similar to Doublade/Gourgeist/Raticate, but a little worse.
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/destructive-wish-jirachi-bronzong-klinklang.122886

Last edited:
Cool cool. I tried to make Gorgeist work for the longest but never got the ratios and card choices just right lol.

The coinflip on Bronzong is just so off-putting. Fliptini is nice to get around that, I'm worried about him getting Lysandre'd, or having to search him taking one piece away from your setup. Then again, I haven't played since Trainer's Mail/Wally was a thing.

Also, you think Rocky Helmet is worth the space? No one will ever attack into it if it means their death. There doesn't seem to be too many better options sadly. Maybe a 2-2 Golbat (Phantom Forces 32) line?? Shadow Triad to get the Lasers back?

Yeah I picked Fliptini over Trick Coin because I thought With Rocky Helmet they'd either suicide and give me a prize, or stall and give me a chance to get poison off on my next turn.

Lysandre is a big risk with Fliptini and it almost cripples the deck. I've either been luck enough on the coin flips or am able to get the second out pretty quick. I need to figure out something more consistent. after rotation I'll have to switch over to Trick Coin anyway so I might just drop Rocky Helmet and Victini.

I like the idea of the Golbat line to snipe retreated foes, I might test that out when I get a chance. Also going to drop Training Stadium for Silent Lab until Giant Planet Forest is released. losing Hypnotoxic is going to hurt a little, so I'm going to need to figure out a solution for that, which might just have to be bats because it looks like were losing Poison support in favor of Paralysis this rotation. So this is what I'm thinking for now:

-3 Rocky Helmet
-2 Victini

+3 Trick Coin
+2 Dedenne (FFI)

I'm hoping Dedenne will help with set up and his second attack isn't too bad either.

Most decent decks will be able to play around Rocky Helmet pretty quickly, between Megaphone, Lysandre, and any kind of Switch card. Hope the replacement cards fair you much better. :)

I think I like the Dedenne/Trick Coin/Fliptini swap. Dedenne is for sure nice to have early game. I used Emolga in my Gourgeist build for a while because of his free retreat cost (Call for Family + run away) but Dedenne having a useful attack is better use of a Pokemon spot.

Yeah I really liked the Golbat idea too, prevents a retreat or Switch from spoiling your strategy. His stupid 1 Colorless Energy attack even synergizes with the deck lol.

Man, seeing Lasers go will be bittersweet. It hurts Doublade and Gourgeist decks bad (forced to give the opponent a turn to react before their Poke is KO'd) but I haaaaaate it in every other deck haha. Will be glad to see it not used against me.

Steel Shelter is the generic Steel choice, you think it has any kind of merit for avoiding Lasers from Toads?

Random ideas... A single Chandelure EX could be nice for finishing games off. Mew EX+Dimension Valley to copy False Swipe for 1 energy. It sucks using EXs cause you might lose the prize trade if they get KO'd, but yeah.

I think Victreebell is the best poison we're getting sadly. :p

Hi, loving the deck idea after having played Gourgeist/Golbat at Regionals.

I'm going to try Doublade instead of Gourgeist in my deck as well, replacing my exp. share with trick coin. I think Gourgeist still will be better because of the sure hit + using Exp. share makes you able to keep spamming the attack turn after turn.

When Bandit Ring release I will try Ariados instead of Hypnotoxic laser to poison my opponent. With Steel Shelter you can disable the poison on your Doublade or place a Pokémon in front that has no retreat that gets poisoned and retreat to attack with someone else.
The only problem with Ariados is that you can't poison grass types, so maybe Victreebel stays better.

Ariados was sooo close to being the perfect Pokemon for 10HP+Poison decks. Damn! lol.

True, but I'm still going to try them and hope grass won't be played that much next to m. sceptile.

And even then you trade 2-2 in prizes if you kill it on the next turn.

Last edited:
true, i'm still going to try them and hope grass won't be playedbthat much next to m. sceptile

and even then you trade 2-2 in prizes if you kill it on the next turn.

True. The major grass threat is VirGen, and they already block Poison anyway, so I guess it's not as big of a pain as I thought.

Edit: Didn't wanna double post. Ace spec??

Last edited:
I think you should play a spinda from primal clash. Its a basic that does 10 damage to all your opponents pokemon for one energy perfect for late sweeps.

Back