• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Poison Pals (Dragalge / Crobat)

Expert_Occultist

Magic card player
Pokémon:
  • 4 Skrelp (BreakPoint)
  • 3 Dragalge (BreakPoint)
  • 1 Dragalge (Flashfire)
  • 3 Zubat (PhantomForce)
  • 3 Golbat (PhantomForce)
  • 3 Crobat (PhantomForce)
  • 1 Shaymin EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Trainer's Mail
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 3 Super Scoop Up
  • 3 Dimension Valley
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Shauna
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 1 Teammates
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Judge
  • 1 Wally
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Brigette
  • 1 Skyla
Energy:
  • 6 Psychic Energy
  • 2 Double Dragon Energy
Strategy:

Recently I've stumbled across a surprisingly effective strategy: Severe Poison! This deck utilizes BreakPoint Dragalge to rack up poison damage with bat backup to finish off anything that tries to retreat. Not only does this deck threaten lots of damage pressure it also forces your opponent to use up resources to retreat. The non-EX nature of this deck also ensures my opponent can only draw one prize per KO so matches are often decided by wars of attrition (I deck my opponent as often as I win by prizes :p). The meta may not seem kind to this deck due to retreat cheating and Super Scoop Up being popular but Severe Poison's initial damage output is strong enough that the bats can often finish off common Float Stone users. Opposing Super Scoop Ups also cannot be used indefinitely. The only real challenges I've encountered are Raticate (gotta take them out before they become a problem), Greninja spam (they kill our mons on bench easily) and Steel Shelter (gg unless you can out stadium them).

Bonus: This deck can easily be converted to Expanded where it becomes even more potent! Simply add Computer Search, Colress, N, and Virbank City Gym :)

Last edited:
I love the addition of the Flashfire Dragalge, do you get it out often?

Here's my suggestions:
-2 Shauna +2 Delinquent BreakPoint
This will help destroy those pesky Steel Shelters and any other opposing Stadiums and severely reduce opponent's hand sizes furthering the mill effect of your deck.

-Crobat line +some kind of tank/Wobbufet PHF
The Crobats are awesome, but if an EX is poison-trapped, you may want to be able to switch to something that can tank a hit (or Wobuffet that will remove abilities and double damage)

+something to deal with Sparkling Robe FUF/Garbodor BreakPoint
You may want to think about a Megaphone or Xerosic to deal with potential Sparkling Robe users (won't help with Raticate BreakPoint)

Hopefully these help.

Thanks for the advice!
I don't get Flashfire Dragalge online very often due to it being a 1-of and needing more set up than simply playing a breakpoint Dragalge but the few times it does land in a timely manner it makes a big difference.
The bats I feel are very effective and pretty necessary as, if I can't get poison barrier online, simply switching ruins my strategy if I can't follow the poison damage up with bench damage :p
Honestly, I've never encountered Sparkling Robe (I test online, not sure if paper meta is different) and Garbodor is easily Lysandred and taken care of (it has 3 retreat o.0)
I've thought of Delinquent and I'm glad you validated my thoughts. I might miss the draw but I'll test it for sure :)

I think you should definitely run dragon energy. Sometimes you gotta smack em outright. Wouldn't hurt your lineup any either.

also, since most of your pokemon are not ex, I would sub the poke fan club for brigette. more bats more damage.

And since alot of your damage is coming form bats, I would sub the super rods for sacred ash. Keep the bats coming.

aaaannddd, I always prefer red card over judge. I dont see a reason to shorten your hand in this deck, and you will stall have supporter...um... support...

You would need red cards in this deck for delinquent to do any real good.

Wally would also be nice, to get the party started right off the zubat, thats right.. I pun'd

Last edited:
I've been in love with poison decks for a while now and was extremely sad to lose Hypnotoxic laser and Virbank, BUT the new breakpoint Dragalge really got me excited again. I agree with the dragon energy over some psychic, running a 4-4 would work well, or a 6-2 incase you run against a stubborn energy discard deck or like greg said need that 60 dmg attack. Agree with Brigette over Fan Club. That card is a must with bats to get 3 out right off the rip. Sacred ash over super rods is probably the right choice since you should be fine on energy. Red Card over judge again have to agree with, but only if you're running delinquent which can help with Stadiums that you would fear like Steel Shelter, but haven't really come across many of those decks. I honestly have never encountered sparkling robes either, so I wouldn't worry about those. I'm really excited about this deck list and will be making it for tonight and testing it at league.

Thanks for all the awesome replies!
I didn't even think of dragon energy and it probably wouldn't hurt the deck much while letting my Dragalge actually retreat! It's so obvious now! I'll be testing those right away (6-2, more if I feel like it)!
I like Judge because, while it's obviously not the best, it can act as a clutch draw card while also messing with your opponent (it can also be used under Seismitoad). As Riverfog said Delinquent's main goal is to remove stadiums (and is working pretty well at that). The discard is just a bonus and forces my opponent to draw more cards
I'll test Brigett and Wally as well
Funny enough I run into Sparkling Robe more in Expanded but due to poison being more prevalent that's to be expected

I tested the deck tonight at league. First game ran into some drawing issues as I didn't get supports or anything to draw cards, which hurt. Then I played my sons lucario deck and I was on fire. No issues with the deck at all. Of course it was a prize card race, but only having mostly non-ex with the exception of Shaymin, I mowed through his deck rather easy. I am trying 1 sacred ashes and 1 super rod only because I feel I'm going to have to skyla for one or the other anyway even if I ran 2 of either, so having one of each doesn't matter. Energies were not a problem and I ended the game taking out Shaymin with the second attack so the dragon energy is well worth it. More testing to go, so time will tell, but right now this deck is working well.

Nice mini-report! If you've found a configuration you like I would love to see a decklist.
What was your energy split?

You may need more than 2 Dimension Valley. For example, if I can get my Rough Seas Stadium (I run 3) to "stick," my chances of winning the game increases significantly.

Secondly, consider adding some hand disruption cards (e.g., Judge, Delinquent, Ace Trainer, etc.), in order to reduce your opponent's ability to remove his/her Active Pokemon via Hex Maniac, AZ, Super Scoop Up, etc. Keep in mind that in most cases, an opponent can inflict more damage per turn than your combined Pokemon.

Good point on the Rough Seas/ Stadium disruptions cards. I think I ran 2 delinquents instead of Judge. Can't remember if I ran red card or not, but I dont think I did. As far as the damage goes, I didnt pretty well on damage. I wish I had added float stones or switch to the deck only because I left the Dragalge out there to take hits from their active when all I needed from him was to start the poison process. I ended up letting him get taken out, but for damage and prizes, it was a 1 (them) for 2 (me), so I was willing to sacrifice one or 2 for that. Plus with Bats and the poison already applied, I was getting KO's at the start of my turn and turning around and poisoning his next pokemon. So the prize trades were in my favor, although he was doing more damage per turn.

You may need more than 2 Dimension Valley. For example, if I can get my Rough Seas Stadium (I run 3) to "stick," my chances of winning the game increases significantly.

Secondly, consider adding some hand disruption cards (e.g., Judge, Delinquent, Ace Trainer, etc.), in order to reduce your opponent's ability to remove his/her Active Pokemon via Hex Maniac, AZ, Super Scoop Up, etc. Keep in mind that in most cases, an opponent can inflict more damage per turn than your combined Pokemon.
I do run Judge in the OP list. Good call on the extra Valley though as they're never bad. I'll try to make room for it
Edit to avoid double post: I just had a Poison Barrier lock on a Manaphy EX deck. It was glorious. Changed the decklist to reflect my current build

Last edited:
So I made my own deck of this as well. It does really well against tech decks like night march. It also does outstandingly well against mega decks ( I added in the Faded town ) I also swapped the dimensional valleys for training centers to help keep dragalge up.

I also threw in another line of bats. and other modifications. Ill put some more plays and give it more tweaks, then share my results.
Oh and I ran a 4dd/4psy energy build. crobats attack is great for hitting bench pokes, but I prefer dragalges 60 dmg, as I seem to be using it alot more than crobats attack.

retreat cheating?
Float Stone/Switch etc
So I made my own deck of this as well. It does really well against tech decks like night march. It also does outstandingly well against mega decks ( I added in the Faded town ) I also swapped the dimensional valleys for training centers to help keep dragalge up.

I also threw in another line of bats. and other modifications. Ill put some more plays and give it more tweaks, then share my results.
Oh and I ran a 4dd/4psy energy build. crobats attack is great for hitting bench pokes, but I prefer dragalges 60 dmg, as I seem to be using it alot more than crobats attack.
I'd love to see your list once it's done. I'd add another line of bats myself but it's just so much deck space. I'd like to see how you pulled it off

Back