• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Poison Lock (Trevenant/Dragalge)

Carpey

Deck Experimenter
Pokemon:17
  • 3 Trevenant XY
  • 3 Phantump XY
  • 2 Dragalge Flashfire (FFR?)
  • 2 Skrelp FFR
  • 2 Pyroar FFR
  • 2 Litleo FFR
  • 2 MewtwoEX LTR
  • 1 Mr.Mime PLF

Trainers:31
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Shauna
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 Pokemon Fan Club
  • 3 Skyla
  • 2 Shadow Triad
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 1 Dowsing Machine
  • 2 Virbank City Gym
  • 3 Switch/Escape Rope
  • 2 Startling Megaphone

Energy:12
  • 5 Psychic
  • 3 Fire
  • 4 Double Colorless

Strategy:
Sooo I went to my FLashfire prerelease today and wanted to do something with the cool Dragalge promo, and this is a quick sketch of what I think it can do.
Set up a Dragalge and a Trevenant in the first few turns and tank with Mewtwo because your opponent probably won't take many prizes after that. After Mewtwo faints or is retreated, attack with Trevenant and Lasers to get about a two-turn KO on the pokemon they send up. What did you say? They are playing VirizionEX?! Then Lysandre that thing up and cremate it with Pyroar!
EDIT: Forgot to mention that Dragalge is to keep the active put while it is poisoned and since you are attacking with Trevenant, the opponent can't play switch.
Open to any suggestions mostly regarding the Trainers, but if it seems I did something stupid in the Pokemon or Energy areas don't hesitate to tell me, as this is pretty much my first time building a lock deck.

Back