• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Poison in it's genes (Crobat/Deoxys)

TJed73

I'm just here so I don't get fined.
I've scoured these forums for a post on this deck and, to my knowledge, it does not exist. So I decided that I would post about what is my favorite deck in format right now. As soon as I saw this Crobat was coming out, I knew that I was going to base a deck around it. It may be a Stage 2 card, but its power is hard to ignore. 130 HP isn't great but it's also not bad. Night Sight lets you draw an extra card every turn, which can be very helpful (it also stacks with other Night Sights, so I could draw 4 cards per turn). The thing people may see as a downside is 3 Energy for only 40 damage, but its the after effect that makes it dangerous. The poisoning hits the opponent hard, by the time it comes back to being your turn again, the move has done 120 (160 if Virbank is down). That is enough to KO most everything except the biggest EXs.
It wasn't until I started testing this deck online that I added the Deoxys. I currently run 2 Deoxys in the deck, each adding their 10 to Crobat's Ultra-Toxic Fang, allowing the move to hit for 140/180.
Another late addition i made to the deck online is Plasma Umbreon. The extra 20 to 40 HP on Crobat can make a world of difference. I mean 170 HP is an unboosted Deoxys.
But without any further explanation, I'll put down the deck list I have. What Im really looking for is Trainer suggestions.
Fire Away!

Pokemon
  • 3-2-3 Crobat Family
  • 2 Deoxys EX
  • 2-2 Umbreon Family
  • 2 Absol
(My Current) Trainers
  • 3 Hypnotoxic
  • 3 Plasma Balls
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 2 Rare Candy
  • 2 Colress Machine
  • 2 Superior Energy Retrieval
  • 1 Rock Guard
  • 1 Town Map
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 Shadow Triad
  • 2 Skyla
  • 1 Virbank City Gym
Energy
  • 10 Psychic Energy
  • 4 GFPD Blend
  • 2 DCE
  • 4 Plasma Energy

And yes, I know that Virizion EX will render this deck somewhat useless, so dont bring that up.

I think you'd be better off with Computer Search as your Ace Spec since you're using a Stage 2 Pokemon. Superior Energy Retrieval I would drop for 2 Virbank because you need control of the stadium. You also have too many energy in the deck. I'd start by removing 4 {P} energy. That space can let you fit in 2 Ultra Ball, a third Skyla ( which is helpful for stage 2 decks ), and a Catcher. Town Map should be dropped for another Catcher because controlling what you KO is more important than knowing what your prize cards are.

When crobat came out in Plasma Storm, I used it as my deck. It's very good. After, Plasma Freeze, I rebuilt the deck with Deoxys, seeing Deoxys could put extra output for crobat. However, not as good as I expected due to Thundurus.

Here's my suggestion:
-2-2 umbreon (extra HP is always good, but this take some time for you to set up)
-2 float stone (crobat has free retreat, so I choose switch or escape rope over this)
-1 town map
-2 Superior Energy Retrieval
-1 Colress
-1 Shadow Triad
-6 psy energy
-1 blend energy
-1 plasma energy

+1 Mr.Mime from Plasma Freeze (to help set up)
+1 colress machine (optional)
+1 to 2 level ball
+1 rare candy
+2 escape rope or switch
+1 Virbank or Plasma Frigate (to avoid weakness)
+2-3 Random receiver (because the number of supporters is very low)
+1 Energy Search
+2 Prof. Juniper
+4 N
+1 Skyla
+1 DCE (Helps your crobat to attack much faster)

Please notice, the number of cards taken out of the list is not equal to the number of cards I added in. Because I think you shall play with it a bit and twist the number on your own. Potentially, you can even run hammers (enhanced or crushing) to slow the other players.

moon281 said:
When crobat came out in Plasma Storm, I used it as my deck. It's very good. After, Plasma Freeze, I rebuilt the deck with Deoxys, seeing Deoxys could put extra output for crobat. However, not as good as I expected due to Thundurus.

Here's my suggestion:
-2-2 umbreon (extra HP is always good, but this take some time for you to set up)
-2 float stone (crobat has free retreat, so I choose switch or escape rope over this)
-1 town map
-2 Superior Energy Retrieval
-1 Colress
-1 Shadow Triad
-6 psy energy
-1 blend energy
-1 plasma energy

+1 Mr.Mime from Plasma Freeze (to help set up)
+1 colress machine (optional)
+1 to 2 level ball
+1 rare candy
+2 escape rope or switch
+1 Virbank or Plasma Frigate (to avoid weakness)
+2-3 Random receiver (because the number of supporters is very low)
+1 Energy Search
+2 Prof. Juniper
+4 N
+1 Skyla
+1 DCE (Helps your crobat to attack much faster)

Please notice, the number of cards taken out of the list is not equal to the number of cards I added in. Because I think you shall play with it a bit and twist the number on your own. Potentially, you can even run hammers (enhanced or crushing) to slow the other players.

I like your suggestions. I already had Mr Mime in the deck, just forgot to put him on the list.
The only suggestion i would be hesitant about would be the -6 Psychic energy. If im not mistaken, that leaves me with 4 and that just doesnt seem like enough.

-6 might seem a lot, but you have blend energy in there. So this should not be any problem. Also, there's an energy search I added (optional), so that should remove your concern about taking out 6 psy.
Give your new list a shot, and let us know how it goes =D

moon281 said:
-6 might seem a lot, but you have blend energy in there. So this should not be any problem. Also, there's an energy search I added (optional), so that should remove your concern about taking out 6 psy.
Give your new list a shot, and let us know how it goes =D

Ok...Ill make some tweaks and see how it goes....then I shall report back

Back