• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Poison Everything [Garbodor/Giratina/Crobat]

Rock Wrecker

I want to be a Pokemon master :-)
Will post links to cards when I get home :)
Pokemon
  • 3-2-1 Garbodor (1 PS, 2 PF)
  • 2 Giratina
  • 4-1-4 Crobat
Trainers
  • 4 N
  • 2 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 Pokemon Catcher
  • 3 Skyla
  • 4 Team Plasma Ball
  • 2 Virbank City Gym
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 1 Rock Guard
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • 2 Great Ball
  • 1 Heavy Ball
Energy
  • 6 Psychic Energy
  • 4 DCE
Strategy
  • Get Garbodor out by turn 2 hitting with Biosmog to start dealing poison damage
  • Set up Giratina for massive damage
  • Get out Crobat for extra draw support and poison damage
  • Probably lose
Where it Needs Work
I made this list a couple days ago and it's pretty consistent now. I think I'm like 3-5 with it so far but that includes the first day where I didn't have any draw support and the second day where I was working out the kinks still and one day where I exhausted my deck too fast oops. I just added Mewtwo EX and haven't had a chance to play it yet, so I'm not sure if I need two. I'm good with two Catcher but I might want to make space for one more and I'm not sure if I need more psychic energy.
I'd also like room for a tool or two more. I just got back into the game and I'm still testing this deck to see if its a viable option let me know what you think.

RE: Poison Everything

Okay, first off, you do realise that Garbodor is a Stage 1?

Second, you have way too many one-ofs to have a consistent list. For example, you have 1 Rare Candy. Do you expect to have that in your hand or readily available when you need to evolve to Crobat?

Hello there,

First of all, I apologize if I give off some strange advice. I'm still new to all of this, and I might not have some things down right in terms of cards, etc.

With that disclaimer out, here's some things I've noticed about the deck.

Since you want this thing to be more of a Poisoning Deck. Wouldn't Revolving around Crobat [Plasma Storm] be a bit more beneficial, due to him able to poison for 40-60 damage per turn when all the cards go straight? Sure a couple of Garbodors would help out, especially the one from Dragon Explorers with its Garbotoxin ability. However, it'd be more of a supporter whilst the Plasma Garbodors would be more like quick poisoners.

I don't think Mewtwo EX would really be necessary with this kind of deck, just due to you more focusing on poisoning instead of beefing up that one EX. Besides, if that one Mewtwo gets shot down and it takes all of its energies with it, you're kinda boned.

As for Trainers, maybe we can take out some of those 1-Tool ones. Most of them, aside from Rock Guard, seem silly to just have 1 of each.
Maybe you could focus on Rescue Scarfs, or Float Stones if you want tools on your pokes. Perhaps some Heavy Balls or Great/Ultra Balls to help you out with fishing out Garbodors.

I don't really wanna give a full list of what I'd change until I know if you'd like to keep to 4 Garbodors or more swing with Crobat.

Poison Everything

@SheNinja yes I do realize Garbodor is a stage 1. And my list has been pretty consistent so far. I don't need Crobat ASAP and I've always gotten him setup quickly enough. I have good draw support. I'm sorry but you always come off as rude to me when you post in my threads I don't think you mean it but you act like you're better than me because I haven't played the game for a while.

@BluLead I actually like that idea except for the fact that stage 2 decks generally need Tropical Beach and I would rather not spend all that money because I have half the cards I need to this deck already and intend on testing it irl. I can drop the Mewtwo I haven't even tried it, I just thought a DCE on him wouldn't hurt. I can drop the Rocky Helmet but I like Giant Cape and Rescue Scarf. I'd actually like two Heavy Balls in this deck now that I think of it.

Rock Wrecker said:
@BluLead I actually like that idea except for the fact that stage 2 decks generally need Tropical Beach and I would rather not spend all that money because I have half the cards I need to this deck already and intend on testing it irl. I can drop the Mewtwo I haven't even tried it, I just thought a DCE on him wouldn't hurt. I can drop the Rocky Helmet but I like Giant Cape and Rescue Scarf. I'd actually like two Heavy Balls in this deck now that I think of it.

Eh, you don't NEED Tropical Beach for a Crobat focused deck, you just need some more Rare Candies and ways to sort through your deck faster. If you can get what you need and get it fast, you don't need such expensive cards.

Also, is that (1 PF) supposed to mean Plasma Freeze? If it is, I don't think there is a Garbodor in there aside from the super rare shiny one, in which case I'm envious of you, you lucky sonnffagun.

Poison Everything

I'll go for 3 Rare Candies, 3 Team Plasma Balls, and a 4-2-4 Crobat line. I guess I'll only need 1 Switch and either a 3-2-1 Garbodor or a 2-1-1 line but I'm not sure what else to drop. Any suggestions?

Ah I am not so lucky I simply copied my list from Bebe's Search and I use the shiny one in playtcg matches to look fancy.

Here's a (I think) nice skeleton to work with.

Pokemon - 13

4 - 1 - 4 Crobat line
2 - 2 Garbodor [Dragons Exalted]

Supporters - 14

4 N
4 Colress
4 Skyla
2 Prof Juniper

Items - 17

4 Rare Candy
2 Rescue Scarfs
2 Virbank City Gym
2 Hypnotoxic Laser
2 Heavy Ball
4 Team Plasma Ball
1 Comp Search

Energy - 12

8 Psychic
4 DCE

---------------------------

There's 4 cards still left out in the open and can be used for whatever. Personally, I'd recommend some Float Stones to attach onto your Garbodors, in case they get up into the front lines. Also, you could add some more Pokemon in there as well...

Granted, this is a complete Newb making a skeleton, so you might want to take to the guys who know a bit more than me to confirm if this skeleton is at least decent.

While I'm not sure about the deck as a whole, the poster above me actually has some very good ideas. Just swap the Colress and Juniper count (4 Colress is inconsistent, and 4 Juniper is a must no matter how badly you hate discarding), add some better ways to search out Zubats and Trubbishes (and another Trubbish), and make sure you add Float Stones (Rescue Scarfs aren't really necessary tbh) and you have a decent list for the concept that you're trying to achieve (although I'm not entirely sure if Hypnotoxic Lasers are necessary.) I will warn that the deck as a whole may struggle in a competitive environment, but again, for the concept you're trying to achieve, that list is pretty solid aside from the things I mentioned.

Ok great thanks for all the input. I'm not sure it would fair so well in a competitive environment either but I haven't seen any tier 1 or tier 2 decks that I'm too interested in. I've changed the deck to make it more Crobat based. I'll update the list soon.

With BluLead's line,you should at least have 2 Mewtwo as a prize card.

Mewtwo EX does not fit the deck's strategy. The deck revolves around poison. Mewtwo EX becomes an easy target for Deoxys EX from Plasma Freeze.

Back