Writing PMD: Explorers of Time - PokéBeach Edition! Final Chapter! Help Me Decide The Next One!

Catching up.

<Keeper> Well, the way I see it, there's two possibilities.
<Athena> Oh?
<Keeper> The first possibility is that that is exactly what happened and that's why the plot has led us here.
<Athena> Makes sense. What's the other?
<Keeper> The other possibility is that that answer is much too obvious and there's something even deeper that caused your memory loss. Really, it depends on how cagey the story wants to be and how important to the plotline discovering the reason for your memory loss is.
10/10

<Keeper> Yep! Well, we're also an exploration team, and we wouldn't say no to a nice pile of treasure--
<Athena> *elbows Keeper*
<Keeper> *oof* But, uh, we can do without the treasure.
Story of my life.
And of Athena keeping me and riches separated. Probably for the best.

You got rid of smokescreen :O
I would've got rid of Sratch if I was you (the screen whiffer is huge for me during boss fights), but then I don't know what Smokescreen does in this game (it seems a bit OP in the original).

You got rid of smokescreen :O
I would've got rid of Sratch if I was you (the screen whiffer is huge for me during boss fights), but then I don't know what Smokescreen does in this game (it seems a bit OP in the original).

I do use Smokescreen in Boss fights (and bounty fights) too, but, well, there haven't really been too many of those. But, yeah, I'm beginning to regret that choice, too. I might swap it out for Growl instead, or just get rid of Fire Fang entirely since it's worse than Ember and less PP. Scratch has actually been incredibly useful to me. It's a high PP move (28!) that is an insta-kill (or close) for regular dungeon mooks, which makes getting the extra exp and moving through dungeons a breeze. It usually lasts me through most of a dungeon.

Chapter 12: Camo fires his laser

The next morning dawned like any other, but Keeper and I were in for a surprise when we were given... a completely boring and pointless task from Tails to go ask the Kecleon Bros. to sell Perfect Apples at their store so we won't have to go collect more of them ourselves every time IA gets the munchies. We snuck a few choice jobs off the bulletin board just to make sure they weren't snatched out from under us while we were playing messenger, then we were off on our way to town. While there, we ran into none other than the newly-famous TT!

<TT> Oh, hey, you guys are from the Guild, aren't you?
<Keeper> Yep! Team Awesome, represent.
<Athena> Nice to meet you! Doing some shopping?
<Kecleon> This gentleman was kind enough to stop and chat with us! he may be famous and awesome, but still pays attention to us little folk. I'm so impressed!
<Keeper> Oh, TT sir, you are really so amazing!
<Athena> Spare us the fawning, please. *rolls eyes&
<Kecleon> So, Keeper and Athena, what brings you here?
<Keeper> Well, Tails sent us down here to see if you might consider stocking Perfect Apples.
<Tails> Oh, sorry, but I don't plan to do that anytime soon. Such a volatile market, Perfect Apples. Too risky for my blood.
<Athena> Ah, damn, oh well. Let's get back to Tails so we can hopefully sneak in a quick dungeon before bed.
<Porygon-X> Kecleon-X, hurry up! *runs in*
<Kecleon-X> Wait for me, brother! *runs in*
<Kecelon> Why, it's the X brothers!
<Kecleon-X> 'Sup everyone?
<Porygon-X> Do you remember we were looking for something?
<Athena> That was an important plot point? Really? Hold on, I need to search my memory a bit...
<Kecleon-X> It was a Water Float!
<TT> Oooh, fancy.
<Porygon-X> And someone said they saw it on the beach today! So we're going there!
<Keeper> Hurray! I'm so happy for you.
<Athena> Ohboy, this is going to set up some kind of little side mission, isn't it...
<Kecleon-X> Come on, let's go! *both brothers run off again*
<Kecleon> So, uh, now that they're gone... what's a Water Float? o_o;
<TT> It's an item just for Azurill, and it's pretty rare.
<Kecleon> Wow, a rare item that a merchant hasn't heard of must be rare indeed...
<Athena> Anyway, come on Keeper, let's go back to Tails and get some work in.​

So we said our goodbyes and went back to Tails to break the news. I had a feeling he'd be pissed as us even though it wasn't even our fault, but better to just get it done and over with.

<Tails> No plans to stock Perfect Apples?! Oh geez, what am I going to do now...
<Keeper> It's not our fault! D: We could always go grab some more from the woods...
<Tails> Oh, yeah, because that worked out so well last time. *rolls eyes*
<Athena> >_>
<Tails> I guess I'll just have to go get some myself. *flies off*
<Keeper> Well, at least we now have time to go do those jobs you grabbed for us earlier. :D​

And so we headed off to the Foggy Forest to beat up some bad guys, grab some sweet loot, befriend a Zigzagoon, and generally just set everything on fire. We headed home richer and more experienced and were about to chow down on dinner with the others when...

<Tails> Ahem!
<Luis> Aw, geez, dinner's interrupted again... ._.
<Tails> Well, quiet your belly's grumbling. Another Time Gear has been stolen!
<Everyone> :O!
<WPM> ANOTHER ONE?!
<Zyflair> It's not the one at the lake, is it?
<Tails> Nope, it's from some other mysterious place, but it's still concerning. I wanted to take this opportunity to remind you all that what happened in Fogbound Lake stays in Fogbound Lake.
<SR> Of course, sit!
<Teal> What do you think we are, jerks?
<Tails> Anyway, you may resume your meal now.
<Everyone> *OMNOMNOMNOM*​

Keeper and I eventually headed back to our rooms, but before we could get to bed, he was chatty again.

<Keeper> Another Time Gear Stolen, man. What do they want with them, anyway?
<Athena> Well, they are kind of shiny and cool and precious....
<Keeper> Lol, you're so silly Athena.​

Meanwhile, back at Fogbound Lake....

<Cinesra> *sigh* Why did I ever trust those guys.... :X Of course, as soon as they leave, someone else shows up to steal the Time Gear. I shoulda wiped their memories before they had the chance to lead you here.
<???> Pfft, no one led me here. I've known about the Time Gear here for ages. Now, get out of my way, that Time Gear is mine!
... ... ...​

The next morning, Keeper and I woke up bright eyes and busy tailed. Literally, I had to spend at least 10 minutes brushing my tail down. We were about to go head off and pick out some new jobs, but WPM called out to us that we had visitors! We both shrugged and headed up to the entrance to meet them. It was the X brothers!

<Porygon-X> Keeper and Athena, yay! ^_^
<Keeper> 'Sup, dudes? What did you want?
<Kecleon-X> We wanted to request the help of Team Awesome to help us found our Water Float!
<Athena> I thought you were going to the beach to pick it up. Something happen?
<Porygon-X> Well, when we got there, we didn't find the item, but we did find this note...
<Keeper> *reads* "The Water Float is ours now! Mwahahahahahahaha!! We'll be hiding out with it in the Amp Plains, and this totally isn't a trap, so you should probably go get Team Awesome to try and help you get it back."
<Athena> Yep, that is totally a trap.
<Porygon-X> But but but.... our Water Float.... :<
<Keeper> Well, I guess we have no choice but to go get it for you.
<Athena> *facepalm*
<Kecleon-X> Thanks guys! You're the best. :D
<Athena> Alright, well, if we're going to walk face-first into an obvious trap, we may as well prepare a bit. Come on Keeper, let's go.​

We geared up and headed out over to the Amp Plains, which were up in the northern part of the area. True to its name, the location was filled mostly with Electric-type Pokémon, so I took the point, making sure Keeper was protected. We befriended a good selection of new Pokémon and gathered a bunch of loot, but also fell into a few traps and even experienced our first Monster House. The dungeon was so long that we stopped for a bit of a nap and a save in the middle, then progressed onward, eventually making it to the final floor, the very top of the dungeon, open to elements and occasional lightning strikes.

<Keeper> It's official. Worst. Dungeon. Ever. *cringes*
<Athena> Oh, come on you baby, let's just grab the Float and get out of here.
<???> Why are you here, fools? This is our turf!
<Keeper> Eep! *hides*
<???> ... Really now? I just saw you come up. You can't hide from me.
<Keeper> Well, uh, can you at least tell us who you are so I can grovel for my life properly?
<Camo> I am... CAMOCLONE! Lord of the Luxio tribe. Prepare to fight!​

With a flash of lightning, a whole group of Luxio appeared all around us, with a rather Boss-looking Luxray right in front, leading the pack. The battle was on! I immediately went after Camoclone while the others spread out to take out the Luxio. Mareep went down, but Keeper, Phanpy, and I pulled through to the end. Finally, they were all subdued.

<Camo> You.... You would dare mess with... my power?! *powers up*
<Keeper> Hold it! Hold it! We're not here to piss on your turf or anything. We just want to--
<Camo> Less talky, more shooty! *fires his laser*
<???> Stoooooooppppppp!​

Suddenly, a Pokémon appeared in front of us, blocking the attack. It was TT!

<TT> Look, hold on, you really need to chill out, Camo.
<Keeper> TT, you've saved us... ;~;
<Camo> Why should I care what you say? Who are you, punk?
<TT> I am the wise and powerful and famous and sexy TT, explorer of the unkown!
<Camo> ... :|
<TT> Look, I know where you're coming from, Camo, really. You've suffered a lot here, and I know you're just trying to protect your pad and all, and I'm sorry. We're all very sorry for disturbing you and trespassing here. We'll leave as soon as we complete our errand.
<Camo> Well, you do seem pretty cool. And famous you say? I suppose I would rather stay on your good side. Fine, go ahead and finish up whatever you came here for. *saunters off*
<Keeper> Thank you so much, TT, you really are the best. ;~;
<Athena> So, uh, what just happened here?
<TT> Oh, this is the Luxio tribe, and their leader, Camoclone.
<Athena> Yeah, we got that much before they attacked us.
<TT> They tend to travel around and whatever, but they usually come here this time of years because of the lightning storms. However, they were ambushed here unawares one time, so they've been kinda paranoid since then.
<Athena> Sucks to be them I guess. >_>
<Keeper> Well, let's go grab that Water Float! *yoink* I wonder how it ended up out here, anyway.
<TT> I would imagine it was put here deliberately.
<Athena> You don't say, Sherlock. "Whoever" wrote that note set us up to be attacked by these punks. And, yes, I totally did air quotes right there because it was obviously Team Skull.
<TT> Yep, you're right. In fact, they're skulking around behind us as we speak.
<Keeper> Buh? o_o;
<Vom> I guess there's no point in hiding anymore, then.... *comes out of hiding with the others*
<Keeper> I am so shocked right now. :O Why would you guys do this? ;~;
<Celever> To get you beaten up by Camo, obvs.
<bbninjas> We didn't count on this guy meddling, though. Meddling meddler.
<TT> You wanna say that to my face? >:|
<Vom> If it was just the losers, we'd be tempted... but no, I pick my fights carefully, and I'm not about to go against you, TT. Time to flee! *flees with the others*
<Keeper> Assholes. -_-;
<TT> Well, at least that's done. Let's go give the Float back to the X boys.​

And so we went back to town and gave the Water Float back to the X boys.

<Keeper> *Now* Who's the one being redundant.
<Athena> Hey, I have to narrate things properly, you know.
<Porygon-X> Yay! The Float is back! :D
<Kecleon-X> This is the second time you've helped us now, you're pretty cool. :D
<Keeper> TT deserves some of the credit too, you know, he saved our butts back there.
<TT> Oh, it's no trouble. Helping those in need is just one of the many duties of a smart, handsome, famous explorer like me!
<Kecleon> Still, this is the second time you guys have helped the boys. You were really smart at figuring out where Porygon-X was before!
<Athena> That wasn't smarts, I just had a vision of where he was and we followed us.
<TT> Wait, what?
<Keeper> Oh, hey, maybe the great TT can help us figure it out! Explain it, Athena.
<Athena> Well, you see, sometimes when I touch a thing or a 'mon, I get a dizzy spell and a vision about them, sometimes something that happened in teh past, or will happen in the future.
<TT> :O!!! The Dimensional Scream....
<Keeper> Wait, you really do know something about this, TT? In that case....​

And then Keeper and I took TT out for a walk to the Beach for some reason, and we told him the whole story which is being cut short here because we all know the story already.

<TT> So, a human named Athena with the Dimensional Scream ability, eh?
<Athena> That is a pretty cool name for my power.
<Keeper> Do you know about her?
<TT> Sadly, no. Though I do know about the power. Sounds and images slicing across the boundaries of time, breaching objects and reaching into Pokémon to manifest as visions... yes, that is the Dimensional Scream.
<Keeper> Pretty nifty!
<TT> I wish I could share more with you, but at least I can offer my help to you in unraveling the remaining secrets about your past!
<Athena> Oh, sweet, thanks. :3
<Keeper> Huh, I wonder why there are all these Pelipper flying around...
<Athena> Keeper, try and focus.
<Keeper> No, seriously, it's a lot more than usual.
<Zyflair> *runs up* Oh geez... *huff* I finally... *puff* found you.... *huff puff*
<Athena> Whoa, slow down and take a breath there.
<Zyflair> It's a special alert! All apprentices have been called back to the Guild!
<TT> I'll come too, let's go!​

Team Awesome:
Athena:
Lv. 27 Charmander (Ember, Smokescreen, Scratch, Fire Fang)
Keeper: Lv. 27 Totodile (Leer, Scratch, Water Gun, Bite)

Available Teammates: Oddish (11), Paras (13), Psyduck (10), Poliwag (9), Machop (6), Geodude (7), Doduo (10), Krabby (12), Spinarak (10), Hoppip (13), Wooper (11), Lotad (11), Barboach (1), Budew (12), Gastrodon (East Sea) (13)

Player Notes:

Team and levels are approximate because I saved in the middle of a plot scene, but it seemed the best place to stop for now. Seems like the story is finally getting somewhere!

I actually did lose once again the Luxio Tribe and restarted; Keeper got OHKOed by a critical lightning attack. The second time around, he didn't even get targeted; go figure.

Once again, I find myself running a bit late (long ass dungeon + having to redo the second half of it), so my notes are getting cut a bit short. Enjoy reading!

You're so cruel, CJ. </3

But I actually like it too since it usually means whatever I'm doing is actually a challenge instead of a cakewalk. The Luxio/Luxray battle was pretty interesting with so many enemies at once, especially with Keeper potentially weak to their attacks.

The plot thickens, Dusknoir is on the scene and Time Gears are continuing to disappear.

Things are about to come to a head pretty soon.

Oh, come on. Think of the good deed; you're making me happy.

But yeah, the gears have began turning (no pun intended).

<Athena> ... who's TwistedTurwtig? >.>
<Tails> TT is a world-famous Dusknoir!
<Athena> So... another Pokémon named after a different Pokémon, got it.

I knew I should have made that name change when I had the chance!

<Camo> Why should I care what you say? Who are you, punk?
<TT> I am the wise and powerful and famous and sexy TT, explorer of the unkown!
B)

At least I can just call you TT, so it's less disorienting. :p The X brothers always trip me up, especially since they always seem to be in the same scene as the actual Kecleon.... -_-;

Chapter 13: More plot than a whole truck full of plot

Zyflair led us in a hurry back to the guild where all of the Pokémon were gathered gossiping and buzzing in front of the bulletin boards.

<Keeper> Sorry we're late, guys, but I was enjoying a romantic walk on the beach with TT and Athena. What's up?
<Tails> Another Time Gear was stolen!
<Zyflair> Again, really? :\ Where from this time?
<Tails> ... ... ...
<Keeper> Don't tell me it was....
<Teal> Yep, it was the one from Fogbound Lake.
<Keeper> But we're the only ones who knew about that, right?
<Tails> ... ... ...
<Keeper> You think one of us spilled the beans, don't you?
<WPM> WHAT?! NO WAY!
<Luis> You don't really think any of us would do it, do you Keeper?
<Keeper> No, of course not! But...
<Teal> It did happen right after our expedition, so I can see how the question might arise.
<TT> Okay, everyone, back up for a moment.... there was a Time Gear at Fogbound Lake? IA told me that the expedition was a failure...
<IA> Sorry, bro, had to lie because we made a promise not to tell anyone about the Time Gear. But, uh, I guess it doesn't matter now... >_>
<Tails> Aaaaanyway, the intruder KOed Cinesra and stole the Team Gear.
<MtC> Is Cinesra okay? :<
<Tails> Yeah, he's cool.
<IA> DNA's taking charge of his protection for now.
<Tails> But thanks to Cinesra, we now know who the thief is.
<Zyflair> Who is it? I want to show that no-good, rotton, two-faced scoundrel a piece of my mind... >:|
<Tails> Well, take a look at the WANTED poster for yourself! *points*​

We all crowded around the bulletin board to see an artist's interpretation of the thief: a Groyvle with a particularly evil grin on his face and a dangerous slant to his eyes.

<Keeper> Says here his name is.... thegroyvlekid?
<Athena> You mean there's actually a Pokémon in this region that's actually called by his own species?! :O
<Keeper> But more importantly... why would he refer to himself as a kid? :\
<Athena> Maybe it's like a reference to the old outlaws like Billy the Kid.
<Keeper> Who in the what now?
<Athena> Ah, never mind. Human stuff.
<Zyflair> He does look particularly nasty, though.
<Tails> As soon as Cinesra identified him, these posters were rushed out everywhere in hopes that we can catch the crook.
<Keeper> I guess that explains the Pellipper we saw....
<Tails> And there's a nice high bounty on him, too!
<Teal> I feel so bad for Cinesra, though, and after we just promised to keep his secret....
<Luis> Not to mention that the view of the lake is now ruined!
<IA> Grrrrrrr.....
<Tails> Uh, Guildmaster... you okay? :<
<IA> YOOM.... TAH!
<WPM> WAH!
<IA> Everyone! We're going to catch that punk. >:| I vow it in the name of the guild!
<Tails> Alright everyone, you heard the man. We're putting full focus on catching this outlaw.
<Everyone> Woohoo!
<TT> Hmm... I believe I understand the situation now. I'd like to help out, too.
<IA> Woohoo! Thanks, TT. ^_^
<Tails> Alright, listen up. IA and TT I are going to devise a strategy to catch him. In the meantime, all of you go prepare for... whatever we end up deciding our plan to be.​

And so Keeper and I skedaddled off to town to sell and store some stuff. Before long, we were back and ready to hear the details of the plan to catch thegroyvlekid.

<Tails> *ahem* Everyone, thank you for your prompt preparations. Since we know TGK will likely show up wherever the Time Gears are located, we put together a list of potential Time Gear locations. Now we're all going to split up into groups and check these locations. The rest of you don't matter because you're just side characters, but Keeper and Athena will be checking out the Northern Desert.
<Keeper> The Norther Dessert? Like, ice cream? >.>
<Tails> No, no, "desert" with one s. It's up here in this north west region.
<Athena> But it looks like that area is covered with clouds, just like Fogbound Lake was. How do you know there's a desert there?
<Tails> Well, there's some sandy bits around there, but I guess no one's really explored it much further north, so it's just rumours that there's a vast desert beyond up to some point. It seems like the perfect place to hide a Time Gear, just like Fogbound Lake was.
<Keeper> But I wanted dessert.... :<
<Tails> Too bad. Dismissed!
<TT> Hey guys, before you go... just take care, okay? There are some crazy sandstorms up there.
<Athena> We got this, no problem.​

Keeper and I shouldered our packs and made our way up to the start of the Norther Desert. Despite its name, it was more like a regular dungeon with stairs and everything. We resigned ourselves to a long haul through who knows how many floors. The enemies were tough, but what was most annoying is that they would occasionally call up a sandstorm that would follow us throughout an entire floor until we made it to the stairs, damaging us and making it hard for us to attack. I immediately regretted it when we recruited a Larvitar onto our team and it started calling up Sandstorms itself. The good news is that, thanks to his incompetence, I was able to learn how to send new recruits home.

Finally we made our way through to the end of the desert. I could tell it was the end because the music changed and there were no enemies. Instead, there was a huge open area of sand filled with what appeared to be quicksand pits.

<Keeper> Ohshi- quicksand! *walks closer* Look, the sand is getting sucked down!
<Athena> You don't have to walk right up to it... *facepalm*
<Keeper> It's dangerous here.... but I don't see a Time Gear.
<Athena> Me neither, but.... I'm getting that familiar feeling again, like I did at Fogbound Lake.
<Keeper> Well, clearly that's not important since we can't see any Time Gears and we need to just keep working to get TGK, so let's head back.
<Athena> Alright. You'll get no complaints from me. I've got enough sand between my toes as it is.​

We looked at each other and shrugged and used our badges to warp back to the Guild. Everyone else was back, too!

<Keeper> ... but no one found a Time Gear.
<Teal> Disappointing. :\
<Zyflair> I did find these nice shiny crystals though! :3
<SR> You mean we were all working our butts off and you were collecting souvenirs?
<Zyflair> >.> <.<
<Tails> Welp, looks like that was a failure.
<TT> Damn, sorry my suggestions were no good.
<Tails> Not your fault, TT. If it weren't got those suggestions we wouldn't have had any plan at all. >.>
<Athena> Besides, the Time Gears are supposed to be super hard to find anyway, right?
<TT> Still, I feel bad for the failure of the plan. I guess we'll need to come up with a new one tomorrow.
<Tails> Alright, everyone go rest up and prepare for tomorrow.
<Everyone> Yay, dinner!​

And so we all had a huge meal together to celebrate our failure and then headed off to bed. When we woke up the next morning, IA, Tails, and TT still hadn't come up with a new plan, so they told us to just go piss off for a bit and see if we could find the Time Gears on our own. I'm sure most of the others took this as an opportunity to goof off for the day. I know that's what I would like to have done. However, unlike them, I actually had an idea of where to possibly look.

<Keeper> You look like you have an idea.
<Athena> Yep! Let's go back to the desert.
<Keeper> Aww, geez, really? ._.;
<Athena> Well, I did have that vision like I did at the lake. It's probably the best lead we got.
<Keeper> Man, I wish you wouldn't have spoken up about it yesterday...
<Athena> I did, but you wanted to get home!
<Keeper> I was hungry. >.>​

And so Keeper and I packed up and headed back out. Thanks to video game logic, we didn't actually have to go through the desert again and were able to go directly to the place with the quicksand.

<Keeper> Alright, we're here. So, do your magic visiony thing and help us figure out how to move on from here.
<Athena> I don't need visiony things to figure out where to go from here. We obviously need to jump into the large quicksand pit.
<Keeper> Are you sure? ._.;
<Athena> Of course I'm sure. Every time you doubt me about something I end up being right, remember?
<Keeper> Fine, fine, let's just get it over with.​

We held hands and jumped into the pit together. We spun around in circles for a bit until we were eventually pulled under and down into a cave.

<Keeper> Ouch, rough landing. x.x;
<Athena> Welp, look who was right once again.
<Keeper> Yeah, yeah, don't rub it in. Let's go find that Time Gear!​

And so we proceeded to explore the underground cave. The cave was so long that we had a save spot in the middle! Thankfully there were less sandstorms this time around, so exploring wasn't quite as annoying as up in the desert, but there were still plenty of very strong Pokémon about. Eventually, we made our way to the very bottom and discovered... an underground lake!

<Keeper> Whoa, it's an underground lake!
<Athena> *facepalm*
<Keeper> It's so pretty... and it's... slowing in the middle?
<Athena> That's probably the Time Gear. We should probably go back an--
<Keeper> Let's go check it out! *steps forward*
<Athena> Come on, we don't want to--​

Suddenly the lights went dark. I'm not even sure how there was light 21 floors below the surface, but we had been enjoying them until now.

<???> Halt! Who goes there?
<Athena> Oh maaan, we're going to have another boss battle, aren't we?
<???> Why are you here?
<Keeper> We came to look for the Time Gear, obvs!
<Athena> *facepalm* Stop making things worse!
<???> If you won't leave the Time Gear alone, I'll stop you! *flops out of the water*
<Keeper> Who are you? :O
<PG24> I'm Mesprit, but my friends call me PG24. I protect the Time Gear here at the Underground Lake! And that means... it's time to rough you guys up. >:|​

And thus the boss battle began! We stuck to our usual strategies of me keeping Smokescreen up and damaging the boss in between and Keeper.... doing whatever the hell it is Keeper feels like doing. What can I say, he's kind of a wild card. PG24 fought valiantly, but we beat him down in the end.

<PG24> Oh, geez, you guys are tough... but I'm still not going to let you take that Time gear!
<Athena> Dude, chill, we don't want to take your Time Gear.
<Keeper> Yeah, we're just looking for it!
<PG24> Don't lie to me! Cinesra told me what happened at Fogbound Lake.
<Athena> Didn't he also tell you that the suspect was a Groyvle known as TGK? Do either of us look like Groyvle to you?
<???> No, but I do.​

Both of us turned around and stared into the face of the famous thief, TGK. If I'm being honest, he didn't look quite as evil as the poster portrayed him to be, but, well, artistic license. After all, he was doing some pretty awful things.

<PG24> Who the hell are you?
<Keeper> It's TGK!
<TGK> Oh, come on, you're abbreviating my name, really?
<Athena> It's much easier to type this way, you must admit.
<TGK> Fair enough. I'm still stealing the Time Gear, though.​

Before we could rebut, he rushed forward and slammed Keeper and I into the sand. However, PG24 held his ground. Probably because he was floating in the air and stuff. Stupid legendaries, getting all the cool moves.

<TGK> Stand aside, guardian.
<PG24> No way! >:| I won't let you steal the Time Gear!
<TGK> In that case..... *smack*
<PG24> Ooooof. @_@;;
<Keeper> PG24! D:
<TGK> KO'ed, ehehehehe. Now for that Time Gear....
<Keeper> You'll have to go through us first!
<Athena> That's right! We won't let you steal that thing, either!
<TGK> *sigh* Imbeciles. *smack smack*​

TGK was simply too fast for us. Before we could do anything, he'd knocked us both down into the ground, hard. I couldn't even stand up.

<TGK> Look, I didn't want to get physical about this, but you gave me no choice. All I want is the Time Gear. Sayonara! *rushes off into the lake*
<Keeper> Dammit... there's nothing we can do.... x.x;
<PG24> Aw geez. *sigh* I'm sorry. I believe you now that you aren't thieves, for what it's worth.
<Athena> 's cool. I don't blame you for being cautious.
<PG24> Now, come with me, we have to get out of here, quickly!​

As if to underscore the importance of PG24's words, the cavern around us started to tremble, and parts of it were turning grey.

<Keeper> Wh-What's going on?
<Athena> I'm pretty sure this is another one of those situations where we move now and ask questions later!
<PG24> He took the Time Gear! Time is all going to stop in this area! We need to move or we'll get trapped in time! Let's go!
<Keeper> Alright, alright, I'm convinced!​

And so we fled as if our lives depended on it. Which, well, they probably did. We were able to use our badges to teleport all of us back to the guild and get some help for PG24.

<DNA> Thank you everyone for your due diligence in assisting THE LAW. Rest assured, PG24 will be in good hands with us. *bows*
<Tails> So, another Time gear stolen....
<Keeper> I'm sorry we couldn't prevent it. :\
<TT> No no, what you did is very useful. After all, you've given us the link to finding the last Time Gear.
<Keeper> ... we did? >_>
<TT> Look at it logically. One Time Gear was guarded by Cinesra, and the other by PG24. But there's a third Pokémon in their gang, Azelf, who goes by the nickname One Approved. Chances are, the last Time Gear is with him.
<Tails> But how do we find One Approved?
<Keeper> Well... if TT's idea about the desert was right, maybe we was right about one of the other locations too! It took us a second trip to find the secret entrance to the underground lake, after all, so maybe one of you guy just did a poor job of exploring.
<Teal> How rude.
<TT> Hmmmm... Zyflair, could I borrow your crystal from the crystal cave for a moment?
<Zyflair> Anything for you, TT. <3 *hands over*
<TT> Athena, I want you to touch this crystal and see if your Dimensional Scream ability activates.
<Luis> Wait, what's this about Athena screaming?
<Keeper> Athena has a cool ability that lets her touch an object and get a vision about it in the future or past!
<Teal> Cool!
<Athena> Alright, pass me the crystal and I'll try it.​

TT passed the crystal over to me and I took it in my hands. Within a split second, a dizzy spell started and I saw the vision....

<Athena> I see... I see a Pokémon! It's not one I know... it's kind of like Cinesra and PG24, but different, too. All bluey and stuff.
<TT> Yes, yes, that's probably him.
<Athena> Oh! TGK is there too! The Time Gear is being stolen!
<Athena> And that's all.... *hands crystal back to Zyflair*
<Tails> So, was it a vision of the past or a vision of the future?
<Athena> I, uh... dunno? I mean, I would guess the future because video game logic, but...
<TT> It was definitely the future. Because logics.
<Tails> Good enough for me! Guildmaster, shall we start an expedition to the crystal caves?
<IA> ...
<Tails> Guildmaster?
<IA> .... *snore*
<Tails> *sigh* GUILDMASTER!
<IA> *snort* Uh, oh, yes, let's go catch TGK!
<Everyone> Woohoo!​

Team Awesome:
Athena:
Lv. 31 Charmander (Ember, Smokescreen, Scratch, Growl)
Keeper: Lv. 31 Totodile (Leer, Scratch, Water Gun, Bite)

Available Teammates: Sandslash (24), Oddish (11), Paras (13), Psyduck (10), Poliwag (9), Machop (6), Geodude (7), Doduo (10), Krabby (12), Spinarak (10), Mareep (21), Hoppip (13), Wooper (11), Phanpy (20), Larvitar (23), Zigzagoon (15), Lotad (11), Nincada (24), Ninjask (27), Mawile (25), Barboach (1), Shinx (18), Budew (12), Gastrodon (East Sea) (13), Hippopotas (27), Skorupi (25), Carnivine (24)

Player Notes:

Team info and recruits are now fully updated for sure, now that I can finally end a chapter at a regular save spot.

This was a pretty long chapter, but it makes up for not having the time to play yesterday. I can understand why people were thinking I'd want to abandon my OCD for the desert area. Sandstorm is really annoying, both the HP drain and the accuracy loss. Any time there was a floor that had a sandstorm going (or if one started in the middle thanks to a Pokémon move) I would just immediately beeline for the stairs. It's not like there were many interesting items to be found anyway, mostly just grimy food and gold (which I feel like I'm rolling in; I have like 15k in the bank).

I find it kind of amusing that we're both over Lv. 30 and still unevolved, even though I've seen evolved Pokémon in dungeons and stuff. I take in evolving is some kind of different mechanic that I don't have access to yet?

I must admit that I really happy to discover the ability to send new recruits back to the guild. I've now started doing that with all of my new recruits immediately after getting them. I've had a couple times where they die and it sucks because it uses up a Reviver Seed and I'd rather save those for not-mooks. Keeper and I can handle things just fine on our own, after all. Beating Mesprit was very easy with just the two of us.

<Keeper> But more importantly... why would he refer to himself as a kid? :\
There's a Dusknoir named Turtwig, an Azurill and Marill named Keckleon and Porygon, and a Wigglytuff named Arceus, and you're worried about my name?
*facepalms* Keeper. Just.. being keeper, I guess.

There. You made it through my least favourite dungeon in the game. How was it?

Which one, the desert or the cave?

The desert was the worse of the two. 15 floors with no breaks means I was stuck using regular attacks towards the end due to lack of PP, whereas I had enough PP for Scratch/Ember the entire way through both halves of the cave. Sandstorm was annoying, mostly because it slowed me down, and that also seemed to be more prevalent in the desert (though that might just have been luck). Both also had significantly tougher enemies; I actually had to use an Oran Berry once in the desert after getting slammed a couple times in a row with multi-hit attacks that were doing ~15 damage a piece. Because of Sandstorm, I also did significantly less exploring than usual, though the items were all kind of lame and based on the lack of difficulty Mesprit gave me I feel like I'm leveled enough, so I don't feel that I missed much.

Which one, the desert or the cave?

The desert was the worse of the two. 15 floors with no breaks means I was stuck using regular attacks towards the end due to lack of PP, whereas I had enough PP for Scratch/Ember the entire way through both halves of the cave. Sandstorm was annoying, mostly because it slowed me down, and that also seemed to be more prevalent in the desert (though that might just have been luck). Both also had significantly tougher enemies; I actually had to use an Oran Berry once in the desert after getting slammed a couple times in a row with multi-hit attacks that were doing ~15 damage a piece. Because of Sandstorm, I also did significantly less exploring than usual, though the items were all kind of lame and based on the lack of difficulty Mesprit gave me I feel like I'm leveled enough, so I don't feel that I missed much.
The desert. On top of that, food is an issue because it's 15 expansive floors and the only food you find in the desert is "grimy food" which, when eaten, can inflict Poison, Paralysis, burn, or something called 'Leg Hold" where you can't move, but can attack.

Do you know what the best part is?
No more filler dungeons!

EDIT:
Didn't think about the prefix "the" and the suffix "kid", but I like what how you responded to keeper. Great Chapter, Athena!

You won't evolve for the first part of the story, so don't get your hopes high.

It's obviously that this Grovyle is a kid. I mean, he goes around stealing shiny stuff.

We stuck to our usual strategies of me keeping Smokescreen up and damaging the boss in between and Keeper.... doing whatever the hell it is Keeper feels like doing. What can I say, he's kind of a wild card.
*facepalms* Keeper. Just.. being keeper, I guess.
I'll take those as compliments. *bow*

Unfortunately, you won't be able to evolve yourself or your partner until the main story is completed. Sad times, highly annoying, but informative.

The desert. On top of that, food is an issue because it's 15 expansive floors and the only food you find in the desert is "grimy food" which, when eaten, can inflict Poison, Paralysis, burn, or something called 'Leg Hold" where you can't move, but can attack.

What I did was eat the grimy food when I was right next to the stairs and about to go up. Seems like stairs gets rid of all those negative effects. Though one time I lolled because the food should have given me a burn but didn't because I'm a Fire type. :p

Do you know what the best part is?
No more filler dungeons!

Lack of filler dungeons may be true or not, I'll have to take your word on that since I don't know what's going to happen in the future, but personally all of the dungeon parts of the game feel kind of filler-y. I kind of feel like this game flops back and forth pretty hard between "you're playing the game now and doing dungeons but nothing actually happens plot-wise" and "now you're in a plot part so just keep mashing A for a half hour and read text without doing anything". I can't help but wish that there was more plot/gameplay interaction (or at least better pacing between the two), but admittedly I can't really think of a good way to do that within this kind of a game with the mechanics/plot being what they are.

You won't evolve for the first part of the story, so don't get your hopes high.
Unfortunately, you won't be able to evolve yourself or your partner until the main story is completed. Sad times, highly annoying, but informative.

Alright, cool, thanks. I don't really particularly mind not evolving, but it's good to know. If the monster mooks are any indication, it doesn't really feel like evolving is a huge stat boost or anything in this game anyway. Mostly I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some super cool trick to evolve that I just missed or something.

Back