PMD discussion

Lugia123

Seeing as this sub form is pretty much dead I figured I would post this thread. This thread is to discuss the PMD games. I personally have only played darkness. If you need a rescue please do not use this thread. Also don't use this thread for help. This thread is for discussion ONLY. Now then, with that in mind...

Discuss!

I have one of the DS ones, Explorers of Time. I thought the concept was fun and the plot interesting, but I got really bored just doing procedurally-generated dungeons over and over again without anything happened and got bored and didn't finish it. >_> I plan on coming back to it and giving it another go at some point since I still own the cartridge. I've been debating doing a playthrough to encourage me and fit it into my Jessie series after ORAS.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I thought Explorers of Time/Darkness were two of the best games I have ever played. The story was absolutely amazing, and the gameplay was repetitive but difficult enough to stop it from being mindless. Some parts of the game were REALLY hard, with some of the bosses taking more than five tries. The "post-game" was also massive, as it was essentially part of the main storyline, not to mention the extra dungeons that open up.

Was very displeased with Gates to Infinity due to how easy it was. I didn't die once throughout the entire game and there was basically no post game. Hoping for a future entry in the series to live up to time and darkness.

I've played Explorers of Sky and Gates to Infinity.

Explorers of Sky was pretty amazing. Lots of cool characters and a somewhat interesting story.
Gates to Infinity less so, but was still alright in my opinion.

You'd think the sequel would do a lot more than its predecessor, but for every step forward it took several steps backward. Lesser story, much less recruitable Pokémon, slow text scroll, bad post-game...

I'm hoping for a gen 6 Mystery Dungeon game that'll be more like Explorers of Sky, but with the graphics and sound quality from Gates to Infinity.

Blah said:
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I thought Explorers of Time/Darkness were two of the best games I have ever played. The story was absolutely amazing, and the gameplay was repetitive but difficult enough to stop it from being mindless. Some parts of the game were REALLY hard, with some of the bosses taking more than five tries. The "post-game" was also massive, as it was essentially part of the main storyline, not to mention the extra dungeons that open up.

Was very displeased with Gates to Infinity due to how easy it was. I didn't die once throughout the entire game and there was basically no post game. Hoping for a future entry in the series to live up to time and darkness.

Your not alone. I agree. I used to be so bad at this game that I couldn't beat darkrai with 2 lv 100 mons.

Spike Chunsoft filed a new trademark for Mystery Dungeon.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/10/23/could-a-new-pokemon-mystery-dungeon-be-in-development/

Spike Chunsoft recently filed a new trademark for Mystery Dungeon in Japan. Hopefully it means that a new entry in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series is in the works, but we won’t know for sure until it’s officially announced. Would you like to see another entry in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon franchise?

Back