• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

PLS-On Mega Heracross EX (M Heracross EX / Jynx)

Mr.Muffin

Cooler than Everyone who is less Cool than Me!
I am a bit of a noob and I really need help fleshing out this deck

Pokemon: 12

• 4 Heracross EX RF
    4 Mega Heracross EX RF
    4 Jynx RF
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 23

• 4 Colress
    4 Professor Juniper
    4 Pokemon center Lady
    4 Super Potion
    3 Great Ball
    2 Bicycle
    2 Hard Charm
Energy: 8

• 4 Herb Energy
    4 Grass Energy

13 Open Slots
Strategy:

My main focus of this deck is to keep Mega Heracross alive, and able to do a lot of damage.

Mega Heracross
[G][G][C]
Big Bang Horn 180-
This attack does 10 less damage for each damage counter on this Pokémon.

I use cards like Super Potion and Pokemon Center Lady to keep as much damage off of him as possible. That is where my second pokemon comes into effect.

Jynx
Ability: Victory Kiss
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is on your Bench, you may heal 10 damage from your Active Pokémon.
[P][C][C]
Hug 30
The Defending Pokémon can't retreat during your opponent's next turn.

If I have 4 Jynxs out I can heal him 40 damage each turn.

What I need help with:
I don't feel 100% cofident in just having one attacker or only having Jynx as my support. I was thinking of something like Virizion EX, Dragionite EX, Mr. Mime, or Cherim(PLS). I am kind of wary about facing a fire type deck because even if he survives he will be doing a small amount of damage if I can't recover.

RE: Mega-Heracross EX(M Heracross Ex/Jynx) PLS-On

With Fire-Type decks being used a lot right now, a deck that evolves around Mega Heracross (which imo is the worst Mega card so far) isn't a really good idea, especially when his only attack does less for each damage counter on him. But if you want to use him, you should think about using Dragonite EX (like you mentioned). He might be able to rush in so that you can heal off any damage that was done to him with the Jynx's on your bench, and hold off the foe's Pokemon until Heracross is healed enough to KO it.

What I roughly think you should use the final 13 slots for:

N - 2 (at minimum, you might want 3)
Switch/Float Stone - 3 (to get Heracorss outta there when he's taking heavy damage)
Dragonite EX - 4
Electric Energy - 4

Pokemon: 13

• 4 Heracross EX
    2 M Heracross EX
    4 Virizion EX
    3 Jinx RF
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35

• 4 Professor Juniper/Sycamore
    4 N
    2 Colress
    2 Lysandre
    4 Ultra Ball
    4 Muscle Band
    4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    2 Bicycle
    2 Pokemon Center
    2 Startling Megaphone
    2 Switch/Escape Rope
    1 Super Rod
    1 Pal Pad
    1 Computer Search or Scramble Switch Ace Spec
Energy: 12

• 8 Grass Energy
    4 Herb Energy

Pokemon: 4 Virizion EX is necessary because you almost always want to start with Virizion to get your energy acceleration to Heracross EX early on. Its ability is also amazing. You will never be able to have 4 Jinx on your bench at once and starting out with it as your first basic is really bad, so I brought the count down to 3, could go down to 2. Only 2 M Heracross because Mega Evolving is very risky and somewhat situational. He is also a "dead draw" card in the early game, so running lots of them would ruin consistency.

Supporters: 4 N, because it is basically the best supporter in the game. 2 Colress because early game Colress is bad, but late game Colress is awesome. 2 Lysandre because being able to switch your opponent's pokemon and KO it is awesome.

Trainers: Ultra Ball is better than Great Ball. Muscle band makes up for any damage you might have taken and makes Virizion EX do 70 damage, which KOs lots of small basics. Hypnotoxic Laser is kind of a filler card, but it does free damage and has the potential to score KOs and force switches. Bicycle gives good additional draw power although it might not be necessary. Pokemon Center stadium helps synergize with the healing strategy (Virbank City Gym could also be run to maximize damage from Hypnotoxic Laser). Startling Megaphone for your opponent's Muscle Bands and Garbotoxin Garbodor. Switch/Escape Rope to get your pokes out of sticky situations. Super Rod to get back your M Heracross/energy. Pal Pad to get back good supporters. Computer Search to make deck faster. Scramble Switch to promote a fresh Heracross/M Heracross instantly.

Energy: 8 energy isn't enough. I think an 8/4 split is good since you will have acceleration due to Virizion EX.

Cards that were considered:

• Protection Cube: Ok on Heracross EX, but not useful on anything else. Muscle band is just better.

Pokemon Center Lady: Issue is that it takes up a supporter that you will use during your turn and there are other cards that do its job but better. Virizion EX prevents status conditions on your pokemon and there are tons of other healing options in this deck already.

Super Potion: 4 damage counters for an attached energy just doesn't seem like a good trade. Other options should be sufficient.

Enhanced Hammer: Another meta card that you could use to slow down your opponent. Whether or not to play it just depends on what decks your opponents are running.

Energy Switch: Could help save energy and set up pokes faster. Good card to test out.

Max Potion: Healing all damage is good. Losing all energy is not. Without the ability to move energy away and move it back like Aromatise or the ability to attach 3 energy is one turn, the negative effects of energy loss are too much to justify playing this card.

Royal Heal Superior: Much stronger than Jinx and has the ability to attack, but needs to be evolved. This deck list isn't super tight so you might be able to fit in a 3-1-3 or 2-0-2 line with Rare Candy and have the deck still work.

Leaf Draw Shiftry: This is another direction you could take with the deck to draw into the right cards ASAP. It would take away from the heal strategy though.

Thoughts on Strategy:
If you have 2 Jinx on your bench, a Herb Energy and Muscle Band attached to M Heracross EX, and Pokemon Center as the active stadium, you have the ability to heal 30 + 20 + 20= 70 damage from M Herracross EX. That means that you can have 90 damage on you at the start of the turn to still do 180 damage with out Hypnotoxic Laser. 100 damage to do 170 damage without Hypnotoxic Laser. With Hypnotoxic Laser, you could have 100 damage to do 180 and 110 damage to do 170. The 170 damage and 180 damage points are very crucial because they are the amounts of health that most EX pokemon have. A third Jinx on your bench will add 10 damage to the amount that you can have to deal 170/180.

outstare said:
Pokemon: 13

• 4 Heracross EX
    2 M Heracross EX
    4 Virizion EX
    3 Jinx RF
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35

• 4 Professor Juniper/Sycamore
    4 N
    2 Colress
    2 Lysandre
    4 Ultra Ball
    4 Muscle Band
    4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    2 Bicycle
    2 Pokemon Center
    2 Startling Megaphone
    2 Switch/Escape Rope
    1 Super Rod
    1 Pal Pad
    1 Computer Search or Scramble Switch Ace Spec
Energy: 12

• 8 Grass Energy
    4 Herb Energy

Pokemon: 4 Virizion EX is necessary because you almost always want to start with Virizion to get your energy acceleration to Heracross EX early on. Its ability is also amazing. You will never be able to have 4 Jinx on your bench at once and starting out with it as your first basic is really bad, so I brought the count down to 3, could go down to 2. Only 2 M Heracross because Mega Evolving is very risky and somewhat situational. He is also a "dead draw" card in the early game, so running lots of them would ruin consistency.

Supporters: 4 N, because it is basically the best supporter in the game. 2 Colress because early game Colress is bad, but late game Colress is awesome. 2 Lysandre because being able to switch your opponent's pokemon and KO it is awesome.

Trainers: Ultra Ball is better than Great Ball. Muscle band makes up for any damage you might have taken and makes Virizion EX do 70 damage, which KOs lots of small basics. Hypnotoxic Laser is kind of a filler card, but it does free damage and has the potential to score KOs and force switches. Bicycle gives good additional draw power although it might not be necessary. Pokemon Center stadium helps synergize with the healing strategy (Virbank City Gym could also be run to maximize damage from Hypnotoxic Laser). Startling Megaphone for your opponent's Muscle Bands and Garbotoxin Garbodor. Switch/Escape Rope to get your pokes out of sticky situations. Super Rod to get back your M Heracross/energy. Pal Pad to get back good supporters. Computer Search to make deck faster. Scramble Switch to promote a fresh Heracross/M Heracross instantly.

Energy: 8 energy isn't enough. I think an 8/4 split is good since you will have acceleration due to Virizion EX.

Cards that were considered:

• Protection Cube: Ok on Heracross EX, but not useful on anything else. Muscle band is just better.

Pokemon Center Lady: Issue is that it takes up a supporter that you will use during your turn and there are other cards that do its job but better. Virizion EX prevents status conditions on your pokemon and there are tons of other healing options in this deck already.

Super Potion: 4 damage counters for an attached energy just doesn't seem like a good trade. Other options should be sufficient.

Enhanced Hammer: Another meta card that you could use to slow down your opponent. Whether or not to play it just depends on what decks your opponents are running.

Energy Switch: Could help save energy and set up pokes faster. Good card to test out.

Max Potion: Healing all damage is good. Losing all energy is not. Without the ability to move energy away and move it back like Aromatise or the ability to attach 3 energy is one turn, the negative effects of energy loss are too much to justify playing this card.

Royal Heal Superior: Much stronger than Jinx and has the ability to attack, but needs to be evolved. This deck list isn't super tight so you might be able to fit in a 3-1-3 or 2-0-2 line with Rare Candy and have the deck still work.

Leaf Draw Shiftry: This is another direction you could take with the deck to draw into the right cards ASAP. It would take away from the heal strategy though.

Thoughts on Strategy:
If you have 2 Jinx on your bench, a Herb Energy and Muscle Band attached to M Heracross EX, and Pokemon Center as the active stadium, you have the ability to heal 30 + 20 + 20= 70 damage from M Herracross EX. That means that you can have 90 damage on you at the start of the turn to still do 180 damage with out Hypnotoxic Laser. 100 damage to do 170 damage without Hypnotoxic Laser. With Hypnotoxic Laser, you could have 100 damage to do 180 and 110 damage to do 170. The 170 damage and 180 damage points are very crucial because they are the amounts of health that most EX pokemon have. A third Jinx on your bench will add 10 damage to the amount that you can have to deal 170/180.

A few corrections:
Super Potion actually heals 60 damage and might be worth putting in the deck.
Pokemon Center, Super Rod, and Enhanced Hammer are getting rotated.

Also Cherrim PLS might be a more viable option than Jynx seeing as it heals 20, but it is a Stage 1.

RE: Mega-Heracross EX (M Heracross Ex / Jynx) PLS-On

New Dusknoir with Max Potions sounds a lot more reliable than trying to heal off all the damage with Potions and Pokemon Center.

RE: Mega-Heracross EX (M Heracross Ex / Jynx) PLS-On

I would suggest Cherrim PLF to heal off damage instead of jinx. Sure it has to evolve, but also heals 20 to a pokemon with grass energy on it.

With 4 Cherrim you can heal 80 damage per turn not including any other sort of healing.

Back