Please Help Me

Bytheway 1

Aspiring Trainer
What is the best stuff I can buy when being a newbie e.g. decks,booster,single cards.

Also what is the best booster to start getting.

Booster? More like set. They're all random, so it's not easy. But look at the sets up there in the modified cardex, it's going to take forever to find a combo you like.

Booster Packs: DF(For good ex), HP(For Rare Candy and Holon Castform), DS(For most of Holon Engine).

first of all u gotta buy boosters to determine whether u are good-lucked or bad -lucked.

good luck = buy boosters

bad luck = buy single cards from ur friends/ net

Well, most people won't buy boxes since it cost a lot (like me...)
try your luck with booster packs, I suggest you to buy 3-6 each time, so you might get EXs... buying just 1 pack each is keeping me crazy if I got bad cards.
Buy singles if you want certain cards...

9 cards each packs now.

Like everyone else said, buy boosters. Never buy decks if you're looking for Pokemon cards...

BUT, if you do not even have a single basic energy card (Water, Electric, Fire, etc), then you had better buy a deck.

anyway, the best might be buying singles.

this is why u should buy singles:

- there's abt 1-3 exs per box, u cant really know whether the ex is worth playing or not. Even if u got really nice ex (banette ex), it is very unlikely that u'll get 2-3 of them. Next u gotta buy some more banette ex with other ppl, which is lame...after all the money u spent for the box....:(

here's the calculation :
banette ex deck (aka bandoom)

box = $ 80-ish , u get 1 banette ex, 2 crap exs, so u'll need to find 2-3 more banette ex (1 banette ex = $ 20-25)

so to complete a deck, u'll need to spend : $ 80 + (2 banette ex = $45)
= $ 125

singles = 3 banette ex = $ 70 ish

^ try imagine that.... how much u can do with the extra money....

m0nster1nc said:
Not going to help... If I recall correctly, Nottingham is in England.

It is.

But quite a number of countries in the world have cities/towns named after other major ones. For example, I was browsing through a world atlas and found a town called London in Canada, when I'm more familiar with the London in UK.

About the boxes, I'm sure each retailer/country's prices would differ.

Well, since everyone has already answered your question (the first part), I will not elaborate any further.

But your second part (which is the best booster)...

Now, it really depends on which set you like. Each set has different cards and they all have different strategies to them. So, there is nothing to define "the best booster" as each booster, no matter what the exterior design of the packaging, contains different cards.

I suggest that you check the list of cards on the main site so you can decide which booster to buy from a set of your preference.

When first starting up you are going to need some energy. The best suggestion for that is find a local league near you and ask for some. 20 of each basic energy should be plenty. As for packs/theme decks/singles on ebay, since you are just starting I suggest buying packs at the beginning. Stores like Walmart or Target usually have packaged sets of 3 packs for a slightly better price (usually around $10 USD). Depending on your finances, buying a booster box at a time is probably the most cost effective since you will need the commons and uncommons as well (about $75 on ebay). I don't suggest buying singles until you know what specifically you want. A better option is to trade the cards you open for others that you want, but this takes someone to trade with.

Back