Discussion Playing Cat with the Clowns?

Geist1848

Aspiring Trainer
I have been hearing indirectly about an interesting new Blowns build that utilizes Persian GX. Let me just say I love Blowns and have had success with the traditional version of the deck in the past. I am curious if anyone has a list or is at least able to provide the the vital new inclusions or the basic skeleton of the deck if it is significantly changed from its predecessor.

In the past I remember even having trouble teching in Alolan Muk, let alone Alolan Grimer, so it interests me what was cut to include the Persian GX. I assume that Meowth is played but don'y know if they are included as single copies or as a 2-2 line. I would assume either way that you would have to cut the Poipole and Naga count down to 3-3 regardless while including a Ditto Prism Star. It seems natural that the list should keep the 1-1 line of Alolan Mul/Grimer as well. With respect to the supporting cast of tech pokemon I would assume 1 Dedenne GX and 2 Marshadow. I would also wager that the one copy of Tapu Lele can be cut since Persian gets you that needed supporter, at least on turns when Blowns is KO'd.

Please let me know If I am on the right track and please provide some guidance on the Trainer count, at least the essentials. In my current Blowns list I am back and forth between either 3 or 4 Welder. It provides critical acceleration but sometimes they clog your hand when you would prefer a better draw supporter like Lillie or Cynthia.

Upon reflection I don't see how the list could be all that different than the standard Blowns deck as so many of the slots are essential cards instead of techs. If this deck is simply Blowns with a 1-1 Persian GX line then I guess I already have the answer to my main question. However, if there are more changes and unique techs to this deck that I am am missing please let me know,

I do not know if this thread should be in the deck garage section or not. If it is against forum rules to provide deck lists then ignore my request. It anyone is willing to provide a list it will be much appreciated. Alternatively, any ideas or insights into the new Persian Blowns deck would be great as well.

Zach Lasage got day 2 with the list at Madison. His list will be shared in a day or so (and be on limitlessTCG soon as well)

I honestly don’t find Persian GX necessary with Blowns GX. I find Blowns can be consistent enough if it has at least a somewhat decent setup, so honestly I don’t see necessary, but if Lesage uses it it can’t be bad.

Back