Plasma with Garbodor?

SynxS1N

Follow your heart...
I recently went to a local tournament with about 16 entrants and 2 of them were playing TDK decks that included Garbodor. I believe they ran Garb in place of Deoxys (because that would make the most sense). One if them did pretty well with a 3-1 record.

This kind of deck just seems weird, but i thought it was interesting and worth sharing. Let me know what you guys think. Might this be a new archetype? Does Garbodor warrant the space over Deoxys EX?

It is most likely just someone who can't afford regular TDK, so they put this together. It isn't a bad idea, and if you aren't going to run it with Deoxys EX, Umbreon and Garbodor are both viable options. It slows the deck down, which might hurt in the 50 minute time limit. You can still get the OHKO with Kyurem if you run Bangles and Lasers, just not as consistently. Overall, it will get some wins, but probably isn't fast enough or powerful enough to be better than regular TDK.

Garbodor definitely slows the deck down making it less viable with the current 50 minute rule. Maybe it'll still see play though. I'd like to see how it does in a larger tournament. I don't think it will be as strong as the traditional variant either but it is a pretty cool concept and it's nice to see something different.

I think they figured if Darkrai could do it, so could Plasma, and that's probably an oversimplification. Darkrai can abuse it to slow opponents down and use Sableye to destroy their field and then take all their prizes. Plasma can slow opponents down as well with Garbodor, but they do hurt themselves with it and much more than Darkrai does. Plasma does just fine without Garbodor, and I think with Garbodor, it just slows the whole game down and not just one player.

Basically it's fine but totally unnecessary.

Mora said:
I think they figured if Darkrai could do it, so could Plasma, and that's probably an oversimplification. Darkrai can abuse it to slow opponents down and use Sableye to destroy their field and then take all their prizes. Plasma can slow opponents down as well with Garbodor, but they do hurt themselves with it and much more than Darkrai does. Plasma does just fine without Garbodor, and I think with Garbodor, it just slows the whole game down and not just one player.

Basically it's fine but totally unnecessary.

I totally agree. Garbodor fits better with Darkrai for sure and losing Deoxys in plasma can really hurt the damage output over the game.

Back