• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Plasma Steel (Klingklang + Cobalion)

James

Team Rocket Member for crazy ideas...!
Hello all!

I've been toying with the new plasma set, and have made a Klingklang deck. I have adjusted my original list after some pointers, and here's my second try at it! Any suggestions are welcome! The original list is in the spoiler.

Pokémon: (15)

4-1-2/2 Klingklang (BW, BW, BW/PS)
4 Cobalion NVI
1 Cobalion EX
1 Keldeo EX

Trainers: (33)

1 Gold potion
4 N
4 Juniper
3 Skyla
1 Colress

2 Sky Arrow Bridge

2 Eviolite

4 Ultra Ball
3 Candy
3 Catcher
2 Max Potion
2 Tool Scrapper
1 Bicycle
1 Super Rod

Energy: (12)

8 Metal energy
4 Blend WLFM

Strategy:

Setup Klinklang (both) to have EX immunity, and be able to move energy to whatever I want/need. Keldeo can function with Blend, and combined with SAB replaces my Switch, as well as being a good Landorus counter. While most Klinklang decks rely on Cobalion EX, I mostly focus on Cobalion NVI as it is durable enough to stand it's ground, while still only giving away one prize on the KO. Mostly I will use Iron Breaker, but energy press can be handy as well. Cobalion EX is there to discard special energy, and smash through Eviolite, should it be required.

Pokémon: (15)

3 Cobalion EX
1 Cobalion NVI
4-1-2/2 Klinklang (BW, BW, 2 BW/2 PS)
2 Keldeo EX

Trainers (34)

1 Computer Search

4 N
4 Skyla
3 Juniper
1 Colress

1 Tropical Beach (I only have 1!)
2 Sky Arrow Bridge

3 Catcher
3 Rare Candy
3 Ultra Ball
3 Level Ball
3 Max Potion
1 Tool Scrapper
1 Escape Rope
1 Super Rod

Energy: (11)

7 Metal Energy
4 Blend WLFM

total: 60

Strategy:

basic Klinklang strategy; setup either Plasma Steel or Shift Gear Klinklang depending on what you need first, and then setup the other one when needed/you have the time. Cobalion EX is the solid main attacker of the deck, with a Cobalion NVI tech. Keldeo EX will help with the Landorus matchup, as well as being a great help against any fire techs I might encounter. Rush in combined with Sky Arrow Bridge is a great way to negate Catchers and status. The Trainers should be self-explaining.

Cards that didn't make it, unfortunately:

- additional Switch/Escape Rope (Just not enough room, and my switching issues are mainly solved with keldeo anyways. Still handy in a tight spot though!)

- 0-1 Bicycle (A wonderful 61st card, I wanted to include one to fetch with Skyla to maybe recover from a late game N, or any other smaal hand situation. I really think I should find room for 1, but I can't find any...!)

- additional Tropical Beach (I simply dont own more, and cant get any more. I like the Sky Arrow combo a lot as well, but with 4 Skyla a single beach is easily fetched when needed. Of course in the worst case it will still function as a counter stadium)

- 0-1 Tool Scrapper (I just like having 2 more for consistency issues, but since I don't know if Garbordor will be such a big thing, and I can always Catcher + Steel Bullet it to KO it right away. Still handy to remove annoying Eviolites, and who-knows-what.)

- Mewtwo EX (I wonder if I need it, but I think it might be handy because it counters itself better than the entire deck, as I prefer OHKO'ing more than 2HKO'ing in any case. I still wonder if it would be worth the inclusion?)

Thanks in advance for reading and replying!

Quite different from the list I've been testing, but if consistency is your goal, attempt the following:

-4 Klink BW
-1 Klang BW
+4 Klink DXE
+1 Klang DXE
I can see why you'd want to use the BW Klink, but you never want to have a Klink active. Swapping out the Klink and Klang for their Dark Explorers versions will allow you to search for them with Heavy Ball - adding to your ball engine will greatly enhance consistency.

I would suggest swapping out some of the normal Cobalions for EX ones, but it's up to you. I personally prefer the beefier Cobalion-EX as a main attacker, and use the normal one as a tech.

-1 Gold Potion
+1 Computer Search
This is for obvious reasons; Computer Search is a very strong card, and it can save you in a pinch.

-1 Colress
-1 Juniper
+1 Random Receiver
During testing, I found I usually didn't have many benched Pokemon unless I was already well set-up from a T2 Plasma Steel. As for Juniper, I've found that discarding items can really hurt this deck, as it could very well end up needing everything you put in it. Ten Supporters should be able to hold you in a duel.

Having Stadiums to counter Virbank is a good idea, but I feel like Tropical Beach would be better than Skyarrow Bridge since you won't be attacking early most games.

-2 Eviolite
-2 Ultra Ball
+2 Heavy Ball
-1 Tool Scrapper
-1 Bicycle
+1 Pokemon Catcher
+1 Rare Candy
+3 Switch
The deck is very, very tight, and I personally run 4 Switch and 3 Max Potion in mine to counter the heavy retreat costs and poison threat. The Eviolites aren't necessary when you have the ability to Max Potion away damage and the protection of Plasma Steel. Tool Scrapper is good to have as a 1-of tech, but including 2 would assume you're going to be up against tool heavy decks. Bicycle could be useful, but I find that the space is better used on something else, and if you have Tropical Beach, then you don't need to play Bicycle. The extra Catcher and Candy are there for obvious reasons; you want 4 Catchers to maximize your disruption potential and the ability to take out enemy Pokemon before they become threats - Candy for added consistency.

my opinion in this deck Dowsing machine or scramble switch is better ACE spec
Then you can easily discard Max potion or Rare Candy with Juniper because with Dowsing machine you have chance to get it back and scramble switch may help you with Max Potion when you don't have klinklank bw in play yet

Thanks for your replies!

I don't prefer the DE Klink etc because of the horrible attacks...!

(Unfortunetaly, I don't have much time atm, so I will leave this as is for now, I'll reply in full later though...! For now, I have updated the OP with my new list!)

J.D. Grey said:
Ten Supporters should be able to hold you in a duel.

Ten Supporters is actually rather lacking. Even twelve is mediocre. In all of my decks, I have no less than fourteen. Ten Supporters in a set up deck is not going to get you into topcut. Discarding and a small Bench are concerns, but I'd sooner have more Supporters and a smaller chance of Juniper and Colress popping up at bad times than fewer Supporters and a greater chance of drawing dead. On top of the original list, I might even add one or two Cheren or Bianca.

James said:

Cobalion's your main attacker. It's not like you're going to sweep the field with an army of Klinks. And there are so many ways out of Paralysis that it's not even worth it right now.

Here is my deck list. It works very well for me. I placed top cut in regionals with it.

Pokemon:
4 klink DEX
1 klinklang BW
3 klinklang PLS
2 Colbalion EX
2 Cobalion NVI

I/S/S
4 Skyla
4 Juniper
3 N
4 Heavy Ball
4 Ultra Ball
3 Catcher
4 Max Potion
4 Rare Candy
4 Switch
1 Dowsing Machine
2 Super Rod

Energy
11 Metal

I like Cobalion NVI because it works well against Terrakion. Normally Terrakion could give this deck a hard time considering that with exp. share it can hit you for 90 every turn which can destroy you. Max Potion is incredible with this deck. After a while your Cobalion EX will get a lot of damage on it (especially against Terrakion). Since it takes so many hits to kill him without an EX, Max Potion can destroy. Also, with no energy acceleration you don’t want your guys to get knocked out and lose three precious energy. At first I ran three, but tried out four and it worked so much better. All the heavy balls and ultra balls are to ensure a klinklang second turn. With Landorus Ex two hitting your benched klinks, you need to get it out second turn. Super Rod works well to get back your energy, klinklang line and attackers. It is crucial to success. I tried Registeel, but he was just to slow for me. The idea of this decklist is to set up quickly and them deny damage for the rest of the game using Max Potion and attach more energy while your at it. Then hit for 100 every turn. Hope this helps

Trin2000 said:
Here is my deck list. It works very well for me. I placed top cut in regionals with it.

Pokemon:
4 klink DEX
1 klinklang BW
3 klinklang PLS
2 Colbalion EX
2 Cobalion NVI

I/S/S
4 Skyla
4 Juniper
3 N
4 Heavy Ball
4 Ultra Ball
3 Catcher
4 Max Potion
4 Rare Candy
4 Switch
1 Dowsing Machine
2 Super Rod

Energy
11 Metal

I like Cobalion NVI because it works well against Terrakion. Normally Terrakion could give this deck a hard time considering that with exp. share it can hit you for 90 every turn which can destroy you. Max Potion is incredible with this deck. After a while your Cobalion EX will get a lot of damage on it (especially against Terrakion). Since it takes so many hits to kill him without an EX, Max Potion can destroy. Also, with no energy acceleration you don’t want your guys to get knocked out and lose three precious energy. At first I ran three, but tried out four and it worked so much better. All the heavy balls and ultra balls are to ensure a klinklang second turn. With Landorus Ex two hitting your benched klinks, you need to get it out second turn. Super Rod works well to get back your energy, klinklang line and attackers. It is crucial to success. I tried Registeel, but he was just to slow for me. The idea of this decklist is to set up quickly and them deny damage for the rest of the game using Max Potion and attach more energy while your at it. Then hit for 100 every turn. Hope this helps

Dude you've posted that on just about every klinklang thread on here. You are obviously trying to brag, but try giving advice on the list instead of telling them "I am right... You are wrong.

You need switches. With klingklang being heavy retreaters, you definitely need some way to retreat without burning much resources. Keldeo EX may have 1 retreat cost with SAB, but switch would be better.
+2 switch
+2 float stone (go to your local pre-release or wait for may. Its worth it!! Attach this to your keldeo and all your pokemon can retreat for free. you will need no SAB no more)
-2 SAB
(Total cards now:62)

As J.D. Grey said, using DEX klinks and klangs would greatly increase consistency.
Then,
-3 level ball
+3 heavy ball
-1 ultra ball
-1 escape rope
(Total cards now:60)

Agreed with AlexanderTheAwesome. We're making that a rule. Just waiting on the s-mods to edit the box on the main DLH page.

I'm honestly a little shaky on running just two Float Stone. The problem with this? Tool Scrapper. People are still running Garbodor, and it's still an issue. Thus, people still run Tool Scrapper, so your two Float Stone will be wasted and those are essentially two of your Switch. I run three Switch and it's doing just fine, but some may even run four just because it adds consistency and you don't want to have to burn a Skyla for the turn to search for one. That being said, take out the Skyarrow for Switch. I'd take the Keldeo-EX too, honestly. It just clogs up consistency.

i am not trying to brag or say others are wrong. i just copy and paste because it is easier than writing the whole thing out considering i do not have much time and i want people to see my decklist so that maybe it can help them. also it would be nice to have other people give me info on what needs to change.

Trin2000 said:
i am not trying to brag or say others are wrong. i just copy and paste because it is easier than writing the whole thing out considering i do not have much time and i want people to see my decklist so that maybe it can help them. also it would be nice to have other people give me info on what needs to change.

If you want help post that you need help not spam your deck everywhere! And if you want to help don't show off your decklist just say how you think they can improve.

Ok. Enough. No more mini-modding, no more posting the same deck list everywhere. That equals laziness, and at PokéBeach we want to be active in how we help our members. Thank you.

Now back on topic.

Here is my preference:

1. Use the Dark explorers klinks and klangs. You can get the whole line from heavy ball if you want.
2. Use two of each klingklang, 2 plasma and 2 shift.
3. Use 3 cobalion ex and one NVI cobalion.
4. Use only one keldeo ex, there is simply no point for two.
5. Do not, i repeat DO NOT use skyarrow bridge. One beach is fine, mine only uses one.
6. Use 3-4 switches, because if they catcher a Klingklang, then it is screwed, you cant afford to dump 3 energy on it to retreat, and skyarrow only works for basic,
7. Take out the level balls for heavy balls.
8.My personal favorite ace spec is scramble switch. Because with no shift klang out, you can scramble into a new cobalion and max potion the old.
9. My personal supporter is: 2 skyla, 2 colress, 3 N, and 3 Juniper.
10. Also you NEED 4 rare candy. 1 klang is fine but you need 4 rare candy.
11. Also from personal experience for Utah regionals, you need 8 energy over 7.

My Klingklang made top cut at Utah regionals and took 10th. So hope this is helpful.

James said:
Thanks for your replies!

(Unfortunetaly, I don't have much time atm, so I will leave this as is for now, I'll reply in full later though...! For now, I have updated the OP with my new list!)

You dont ever want to attack with klink. Get a switch and cobalion as fast as possible. The DE klink is the best as it can be searched with heavy ball

Flutter_Wonder said:
Here is my preference:

1. Use the Dark explorers klinks and klangs. You can get the whole line from heavy ball if you want.
5. Do not, i repeat DO NOT use skyarrow bridge. One beach is fine, mine only uses one.
6. Use 3-4 switches, because if they catcher a Klingklang, then it is screwed, you cant afford to dump 3 energy on it to retreat, and skyarrow only works for basic,
8.My personal favorite ace spec is scramble switch. Because with no shift klang out, you can scramble into a new cobalion and max potion the old.

My Klingklang made top cut at Utah regionals and took 10th. So hope this is helpful.

James said:
Thanks for your replies!

You dont ever want to attack with klink. Get a switch and cobalion as fast as possible. The DE klink is the best as it can be searched with heavy ball

If I dont have a bench, which stadium is best for frozen city count~?

Krothirus said:
Flutter_Wonder said:
Here is my preference:

If I dont have a bench, which stadium is best for frozen city count~?

Virbank. Add in some lasers too; they help your Cobalion EX's first attack immensely, providing much more early pressure which is one of the things that makes Cobalion really good.

Back