• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Plasma / M Tyranitar EX

wombocombom88

Aspiring Trainer
Mega Tyrantrum has been a menace since its release, especially in expanded, where it has cards such as Darkrai, dark patch, and frozen city to complement it.
I was wondering if using Team Plasma Badge as M T-tar's second tool would be viable, so that it could attach energy without worrying about the effects of Team plasma badge, in addition to benefiting from colress machine, Deoxys, and Umbreon.
This would be the preliminary decklist:
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 12
  • 2 Darkrai-EX LTR 88
  • 3 Tyranitar-EX AOR 91
  • 2 M Tyranitar-EX AOR 92
  • 2 Yveltal XY 78
  • 1 Deoxys-EX PLF 53
  • 1 Zubat PHF 31
  • 1 Golbat PHF 32

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums - 34
  • 2 Colress PLS 118
  • 2 Colress Machine PLS 119
  • 1 Computer Search BCR 137
  • 2 Dark Patch DEX 93
  • 1 Escape Rope PRC 127
  • 3 Frozen City PLF 100
  • 3 Mega Turbo ROS 86
  • 3 Heavy Ball BKT 140
  • 2 Pokémon Fan Club FLF 94
  • 3 Professor Juniper DEX 98
  • 2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
  • 1 Shadow Circle XY 126
  • 3 Team Plasma Badge PLF 104
  • 1 Team Magma's Secret Base DCR 32
  • 1 Teammates PRC 141
  • 4 N NVI 92

Energy - 14
  • 3 Plasma Energy PLB 91
  • 1 Dangerous Energy AOR 82
  • 1 Rainbow Energy XY 131
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy XY 130
  • 5 Darkness Energy TK-Zoroark 3

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

-Idea is to get Frozen city out ASAP, Team magma base and bats for emergencies.
-Runs no ultra ball, because heavy ball can search out t-tar for free
-rainbow energy is so i can attack with deoxys to hit lucario for weakness without needing [p] energy.

Please do criticize the deck. I know for a fact it needs more ways to discard energy, I just can't figure out what to take out.

-Originally posted in competitive play, rather than deck garage. Sorry about that, new here
-Forgot my spirit links.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I read the title I was so excited because I thought it was a plasma Umbreon with mega tyranitar to make it massive. Umbreon gives each of your plasma pokemon +20 hp, so 4 Umbreon on the bench, means a Mega Tyranitar with 320 HP hitting huge numbers. But I do like the idea of the deck with Mega Tyranitar and lots of Plasma things. I think you should add Keldeo-EX with more Dark patches to accelerate energies really fast (Or Yvaltal small from XY Base also accelerates energy faster). Also, I like the addition of darkrai which weakens your opponent for a huge hit. Other than that I think it is a great Idea for a deck.

When I read the title I was so excited because I thought it was a plasma Umbreon with mega tyranitar to make it massive. Umbreon gives each of your plasma pokemon +20 hp, so 4 Umbreon on the bench, means a Mega Tyranitar with 320 HP hitting huge numbers. But I do like the idea of the deck with Mega Tyranitar and lots of Plasma things. I think you should add Keldeo-EX with more Dark patches to accelerate energies really fast (Or Yvaltal small from XY Base also accelerates energy faster). Also, I like the addition of darkrai which weakens your opponent for a huge hit. Other than that I think it is a great Idea for a deck.
-great idea m80, but i'm fine with 240 hp.
I think I might do this to fix my deck:
-2 Heavy ball
-1 Colress
-1 N
-1 Team Plasma badge
-1 Battle compressor
-1 Plasma Energy
-1 Pokemon fan club
Though it ends up going through a few more cards than average to set up, it's clunkiness balances out due to the fact that is hurts your opponent's setup as well with Frozen City, so I don't need that much draw support. I'm getting rid of the one team plasma badge because I only need it for the t-tars, and i have plenty of item based acceleration, which is invulnerable to frozen city.
+2 ultra ball
+2 t-tar Spirit Link
+1 dark patch
+1 Target Whistle
+2 Head Ringer
Ultra balls so I can discard energy.
Spirit links cuz der.
Dark patch is too expensive, i'm really reluctant on spending 5 bucks to get another into my deck...
Target whistle is to make it so I can order seconds on whatever juicy morsel is easy to kill.
Head ringer is to troll. Hurt yourself by attaching energy? It would be a shame if someone were to... Make you attach more!

As for your other suggestions:
-The reason Darkrai is there is to give me free retreat so I don't need Keldeo. If I'm stuck asleep or paralyzed, I have an escape rope, and if i don't that means I am stuck in a lock deck, where i'm screwed anyway because this deck relies solely on items.
-Team magma's secret base is an anti plasma and no-energy measure. If I can mark their bench support for death, I win.
-2 baby-birds is enough, I have a lot of item based acceleration.

Thanks for the tips, though! The more people disagree with my decks, the more I can improve on them!

Back