• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Plasma KDK (Keldeo / Deoxys / Kyurem)

IceCascade

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 10
  • 4 Kyurem
  • 4 Deoxys EX
  • 2 Keldeo EX
Trainerrs/Supporters/Stadiums: 40
  • 4 Juniper
  • 3 N
  • 3 Colress
  • 2 Skyla
  • 3 Team Plasma Ball
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 4 Colress Machine
  • 3 Silver Bangle
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 2 Switch
  • 2 Pokemon Catcher
  • 3 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 2 Virbank City Gym
Energy: 10
  • 4 Plasma Energy
  • 6 Water Energy

Strategy:
As with plasma decks (without the Thundurus, because I want to focus on offensive Kyurem all the way), Kyurem is main attacker with Deoxys EX and Keldeo EX benched.
Preferably, bench 3 Deoxys EX T1, manual attach water energy and Colress machine into active kyurem (silver bangle and hypnobank if lucky) to T1 Frost Spear for 60 (90 to EX with bangle, 120 with hypnobank)
T2, bench a Keldeo EX, attach float stone to Keldeo EX. Blizzard Burn for 120 (150 with bangle or 180 with poison)
Rush in, retreat with float stone, Blizzard Burn. Rinse and repeat.

Have some consistency issues, T1 Frost spear is quite rare. Would like to find space for more water energy but the list is very tight. I cant even find space for an ace spec. Any suggestion on what to cut for ace spec?

Edited to coincide with the standards set in the rules! Please remember to use the template in the "Post New Reply" screen and to copy the bullet points (Which look like this: [*]) so you can make your decklist all pretty-like and up to standard! :D ~Kecleon

RE: Plasma KDK (Keldeo/Deoxys/Kyurem)

I think this list is a very good deck, but it lacks the main strategy of a normal Plasma deck. Thundurus EX is needed if your opponent plays Hammertime, or a similar deck to that standard.
-1 Hypnotixic Laser
-1 Virbank City Gym
-1 Kyurem
-1 Tool Scrapper
-2 Switch
+2 Float Stone
+2 Thundurus EX
+2 Lightning Energy
Let's go over the reasons why I made these adjustments.
Since you want to Blizzard Burn a lot, or it's what you sound like doing....
Anyways, since you want to, balancing out the range of you having Kyurem and Water energy can help you do Blizzard Burn more often.
If your opponent plays Hammertime (As Crushing Hammer is now legal), using Thundurus is a great way to get Plasma/Water energy back from the discard pile.
And 2 Float stone and 2 Keldeo isn't as great as it could be. Since you cannot get tools back from your discard pile, getting rid of switch, and adding more Float Stone is a great way to balance out tool scrapper usage by other people.
I hope this helped you out!

#dowsingmachine
-1 tool scrapper
+1 dowsing machine
What makes this deck so good is how incredibly consistent it is, not huge hand draws (yes to a certain extent one in the same but hear me out) so I would drop 2 supporters (colress I think) and add 2 plasma triad. Also, I play two more energies and that T1 frost spear is common for me. I would drop the super rod and one more tool scrapper. (Without abilities HTL and bank give your 180 blizzard burn with bangle).

Whoops sorry about the wrong format. Wont do it again next time :D

Thanks for the input! Really appreciate it.

@pokemonkosh: I agree with the float stone and it seems like a good idea to take out switches for more float stone, will test that out. But about the thundurus EX, as far as possible i dont want to leave any EX in the active position, as it can be easily black ballista'd or G-booster'd for 2 prizes KO. If i only play kyurem, they need to either flip heads for catcher-KO benched deoxys EX or keldeo EX, or forcing them to take one prize if they flip tails. So i guess ill leave thundurus EX for now.

@anythingbutgrass: Ill probably drop one tool scrapper for dowsing machine, but i dont think ill drop another one. Since im only playing 2 catchers (and have to flip heads for them) ill be sometimes stuck with a non-EX attacker with silver mirror at defending position. 2 tool scrapper is at best to get out of such situation.

For now im trying these changes:
-1 tool scrapper
-1 switch
-1 colress
+1 float stone
+1 dowsing machine
+1 water energy
If it turns out good ill change the decklist on top
Once again thanks for the input :)

+1 silver bangle (4 are needed in a fast kyurem deck like this since you expect at least two to be scrapped with the high rise of tool scrapper)
+2 prism energy (makes this deck more versatile by allowing deoxys to attack and 14 energies is minimal with this deck)

-1 keldeo (double keldeo is no longer needed, 1 will do)
-2 ultra ball/plasma ball (5 poke search cards is way to many for this deck, only 2 or 3 are needed)

Back