• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Plasma Eevee (Eevee / Deoxys EX / Lugia EX)

Leanna

Eevee fan
This sunday (21-09) there is a league challenge, and i need a deck :p

I've been out of the game due to school for more than a year, so any advice is very welcome!

Pokemon:

• 4 Eevee (FFI)
    2 Espeon (PLF)
    2 Flareon (PLF)
    2 Leafeon (PLF)
    1 Glaceon (PLF)
    1 Deoxys EX
    1 Lugia EX

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 2 Juniper
    2 Colress
    2 Skyla
    2 Pokemon Fan Club
    2 Lysandre
    2 Shadow Triad
    2 Colress Machine
    2 Professor's Letter
    1 Town Map
    1 Computer Search
    2 Ultra Ball
    2 Plasma Ball
    2 Startling Megaphone
    2 Muscle Band
    2 Scared Ash
    1 Pal Pad
Energy:

• 4 DCE
    2 Rainbow Energy
    4 Plasma Energy
    4 Psychic Energy
    2 Fire Energy
    2 Grass Energy

Strategy:
Building a quick team of eeveelutions that may beat up the enemy's weakness. Espeon can be a good starter due to its draw power and can take out any annoying Garbordor. Leafeon takes care of any annoying Seismitoad and any high-energy users. Flareon will handle any Virizons. Using the two EXes to build a stronger attacker to get some yummy prizes ^-^

RE: Plasma Eevee

One problem that steps out immediately is that it is very clunky. You've got too much energy, 18 in fact. I'd recommend that you'd cut it down to about 12-14 max. Also, this deck isn't hitting hard enough. You'll be out of the game quickly if you don't realistically do enough.

Pokemon - 15 total
4 Eevee (Energy Evolution)
3 Leafeon PLF
2 Vaporeon PLF
1 Glaceon PLF
3 Deoxys EX
2 Lugia EX

Trainers - total 33
4 Professor Juniper
4 N
2 Colress
2 Lysandre
2 Shadow Triad

3 Team Plasma Ball
3 Colress Machine
2 Switch
2 Muscle Band
2 Silver Bangle
2 Frozen City
2 Startling Megaphone
1 Computer Search (A-SPEC)
2 Professor's Letter

Energy - total 12
2 Double Colourless
4 Team Plasma Energy
3 Water
3 Psychic

I just recently modified my old Plasma deck to include Eeveelutions primarily due to the the release of Pyroar. From my experience, I believe:

• The 2 most dominant (i.e., based upon versatility and damage output) Eeveelutions are Leafeon and Glaceon. I had first used Vaporeon (vs. Glaceon) thinking that its healing attack would be more useful and it was still a good counter to Pyroar. What I found through lots of play-testing is that the free retreat Glaceon's Ability is just more useful vs. Vaporeon's healing attack which doesn't help that often since we are in a 1HKO Poké game format primarily. Also, although I really like Espeon, I found that neither of its card draw and bench sniping attacks that useful. So, the only Eeveelutions I run in my Plasma deck are Leafeon (the best by far, IMO) and Glaceon. And btw, you can still beat VirGen decks without Flareon; I did last weekend at a League Challenge tournament. :)
  • Umbreon is nice, but it's primarily a "bench warmer" and an easy prize for an opponent to eventually Catcher/Lysandre and KO.
  • Flareon and Jolteon are just too "situational" for me; so, they were excluded too.
  • The new FuF Slyveon is interesting given its first attack that removes energy from the defending Poké, but the Y energy requirement has not earned a position in my deck... yet. More play-testing to be done.
Leanna said:
Pokemon:

• 4 eevee (FFI)
    2 espeon (PLF)
    2 flareon (PLF)
    2 leafeon (PLF)
    1 glaceon (PLF)
    1 Deoxys EX
    1 Lugia EX

• 2 Juniper
    2 colress
    2 skyla
    2 pokemon fanclub
    2 lysandre
    2 shadow triad
    2 colress machine
    2 Proffesors letter
    1 town map
    1 computer search
    2 ultra ball
    2 plasma ball
    2 startling megaphone
    2 Muscle band
    2 scared ash
    1 pal pad
Energy:

• 4 DCE
    2 rainbow energy
    4 plasma
    4 psychic
    2 fire
    2 leaf
Also, your current deck list has:

• An insufficient number of Deoxys EXs (IMO) - which is also a great attacker. I would suggest you max these out.
  • Too few card draw Supporters and Items. With only 2 Juiper and 2 Colress, your deck will not run efficiently, nor "keep up" when most of your opponents run 10 - 12 card draw Supporters/Items.
  • Too many different types of energy. I believe I understand what you attempted by incorporating G, P and R energy in order to support your different Poké. However, in doing so, you also introduced more "complexity" in having the "right" cards in hand and at the "right" time to power-up your Poké with the required energy. This is also "high" risk too (IMO), especially when you are not running Energy Switch which would give you more flexibility.
  • An "easy" ability to fall behind in the prize count early game, IMO. With only 6 basic Poké, there's a good chance that you would start with an Eevee which are easily 1HKOd. So, some other "sturdier," basic Poké (Plasma, of course) should be incorporated.
Given the above comments, I offer the following suggested changes for your consideration:

• -2 Espeon
    -2 Flareon
    +1 Glaceon
    +2 Kyurem - a solid starting Poké (that can also snipe opponent's benched Poke) with higher HP and still one of the best TP attackers, IMO
    +3Deoxys EX

-2 Skyla - with improved card draw, reliance upon this Supporter decreases, IMO
    -1 Town Map - not really that useful, IMO, vs. Frozen City
    -2 Ultra Ball - not really that useful since most of your Poké are TP, you run 2 Poké fan Club, and you are not running Thundurus EX which could Raiden Knuckle discarded energy onto your benched TP Poké
    -2 Muscle Band - more Deoxys EXs can supply additional damage output more effectively
    -1 Sacred Ash - 1 should be sufficient, IMO
    +1 Colress Machine - to provide greater Plasma energy search capability
    +1 TP Ball - to provide greater TP Poké search capability
    +2 Frozen City - counter Stadium and with opponent Poké damage counter impact
    +1 Energy Retrieval - discarded basic energy retrieval

-2 Rainbow - not really needed now that the Poké attackers are more streamlined
    -1 P
    -2 R
    -2 G
    +3 W

+4 N - more card draw support
    +1 Professor Juniper - more card draw support
I hope you find these comments helpful.

Vaporeon is actually a dark horse, Tuxedo. It's not the first attack that you'll use but the second, Gold Breaker. Hits for 80 on an EX, then add 10 more for every Deoxys EX and a Silver Bangle, you'll be hitting for 140 easily. 170 if you add in Hypnotoxic and Virbank. And does an insane amount to Landorus EX if you're lucky as I did for a turn one knockout.

Tested Vaporeon; but feel Glaceon's free retreat Ability is better overall, IMO.

I think you should run both. Vaporeon is a titanous attacker, and I have no doubts that if you play Colress Machine, that you should play the Vaporeon. The amount of Landorus in this format really warrants it, in my opinion.

I'm gonna be honest, as someone who has run a plasma eevee deck since they came out...
Never run Lugia EX in this deck.

Here is the decklist I run if it helps give any ideas. It's not perfect, and maintaining it depends on the meta at the time so even I may remove things a day or two after even posting this list. That's one thing about Plasma Eevees that you must consider. They require constant attention. As the meta differs greatly and there's a large number of different deck varieties at my locals, this deck does include a good majority of eevelutions. Like I mention, it all really depends on what you have to deal with when building eevees.

Pokemon (16)
4 Eevee (Energy Evolution)
2 Flareon
2 Espeon
2 Leafeon
2 Glaceon
4 Deoxys EX
(Vaporeon is a decent tech into the deck but only if you plan to replace some of these eeveelutions, and again - depends on if you feel it's necessary))

Trainers (28) (Get ready for one mess of a cluster that..actually doesn't seem so bad )
(Supporters)
4 Shauna
2 N
2 Professor Juniper
2 Lysandre (considering swapping something out for 2 more)

(Items)
3 Silver Bangle
2 Team Plasma Ball
1 Ultra Ball
1 Sacred Ash
2 Startling Megaphone
2 Random Receiver
3 Professor's Letter
1 Superior Energy Retrieval
1 Energy Retrieval
2 Colress Machine

Energy (16)
4 Psychic
2 Fire
2 Grass
2 Water
3 DCE
3 Plasma

Okay so strategy-wise, it's very similar to yours. This one is a bit more on the aggressive and risky side. I have lately been trying to make use of discarding Eeveelutions you won't need for the battle, as to not clutter the deck. It is very easy to get the right energy you need for the right Eevee, and most of these need colorless energy for their attacks so you should be in the clear there. I'm not saying to copy the deck, but it's play method could be a bit more useful for what you're aiming towards.

The main tactic does involve having Deoxys out a lot while setting up, and if you're going second - potentially gain a turn 1 win with Deoxys before even needing to resort to bringing the Eeveelutions out. Deoxys is the main support of this deck - as Eevees are usually pretty frail on their own, but can create a lot of one hit wonders and maybe survive a few turns. They do however - lack when it comes to fighting Yvetal decks so be careful, and possibly consider Thundurus EX as well.

@TokenDuelist, that looks extremely messy. You've got 2 of every type of energy that Eevee needs to run (except Psychic). And to me, I'd rather focus on a specific strategy rather than cover your bases as let's face it. You're definitely NOT going to cover everything. For me, Lugia EX is a last minute attacker that you want to have if you've got just either 2 prizes left to knock out.

Toro googleo said:
@TokenDuelist, that looks extremely messy. You've got 2 of every type of energy that Eevee needs to run (except Psychic). And to me, I'd rather focus on a specific strategy rather than cover your bases as let's face it. You're definitely NOT going to cover everything. For me, Lugia EX is a last minute attacker that you want to have if you've got just either 2 prizes left to knock out.

Aside from the trainer setup, I wouldn't call the energy setup messy in the least. Your strategy afterall, use Lugiai f you wish. For me I've found covering as much as I can (depending on what some threats are ) works pretty well, but the trainer/supporter setup needs tweaking every now and then.

TokenDuelist said:
Aside from the trainer setup, I wouldn't call the energy setup messy in the least. Your strategy after all, use Lugia if you wish. For me I've found covering as much as I can (depending on what some threats are ) works pretty well, but the trainer/supporter setup needs tweaking every now and then.

I would probably disagree with that. Most decks rarely go for a glutton of energy as you do. But I can understand you're doing a variant of the deck anyway. However, it is still too much given how the other decks above are quite streamlined and easier to pull off.

In regards to your Trainer/Supporter line, you don't have any good draw cards. Shauna is nice but a Plasma deck needs speed over the conservation of cards. It needs to burn through the deck faster than most others given how you need to be fast in taking those knockouts. E.g. My first matchup with the above deck was against a Furious Fists deck and I managed to one turn KO a Landorus EX quite quickly. Given what you have, I'd say you'll need a rethink of the items to get your Pokemon out ASAP such as Pokemon Fan Club or Bicycle.

There is another league challenge tomorrow, and i updated this deck while testing it weekly. Its still far to random but it looks like tokenduelist deck XD

I really appreciate all your feedback ^-^

Pokemon:
4 Eevee (FFI)
1 Espeon (PLF)
1 Vaporeon (PLF)
2 Leafeon (PLF)
1 Glaceon (PLF)
2 Sylveon
4 Deoxys EX

4 Juniper
3 Colress
2 Skyla
2 Pokemon Fan Club
2 Lysandre
2 Shadow Triad
2 Colress Machine
2 Professor's Letter
1 Computer Search
2 Plasma Ball
2 Startling Megaphone
2 silver bangle
1 Sacred Ash
2 Frozen City
1 Plasma badge
Energy:
3 DCE
2 Plasma Energy
4 Psychic Energy
2 Water Energy
2 Grass Energy
2 Fairy energy

I took Flareon out because i could hardly use its first attack, and so i could take out the rainbows. And i took out Lugia because even tough its a nice late game, i can do alot of things instead of it. I've even been thinking on adding Sigiliph for its anti-Ex ability and because there is a focus on psychic already :)

Back