Plasma Blast!

Rock Wrecker

I want to be a Pokemon master :-)
So I just got back into the game a week ago and I'm already doing 200x better than last time. I've got my deck half proxied and tweaked even more from league the day before. I carpool with the two other guys from league and we head out to Torrance. After reading the article on what to do at I prerelease I was prepared. I had tournament money, gas money, my deck, my binder, and some Subway. I go in with low expectations and come out with more than I could have dreamed of. I end up pulling Suicine and Verizion EX. Here's about what my list looked like:
  • 1 Verizion EX
  • 1 Suicine
  • 2-1 Drifblim
  • 2-1 Team Plasma's Ursaring
  • 1 Kangaskan
  • 2 Sawk
  • 1 Caitlin
  • 1 Pokemon Catcher
  • 2 Plasma thingies
  • 1 other plasma tool thingy
  • 1 idek
  • 12 Water
  • 10 Grass

I went 2-1 I'll just summarize real quick.

Game 1: Setup really well and destroyed
1-0

Game 2: Couldn't even get set up against a guy who looked like he was in his mid-30's. He was chill.
1-1

Game 3: Semi-new player, easily beat him. Recruited him to our league because everyone has potential and can be trained.
2-1

After the games I went into trade mode. The two guys I came with said to have them supervise all my trades while I was getting back into it. This guy who seemed really nice traded me sh**loads for Virizion EX, Gengar lv. X, and Gothitelle. I got at least 20% of my deck from him. Turns out he rips people off but with my friends moderating the trades I got good deals. After that I made a couple small trades and got a lot for my Weavile/Eggs deck. I was looking for just 2 more N then I'd be set but I already got a lot and the guy I was gonna get N from wasn't interested in my trades. Overall it was well worth the $30.

Props: My mom letting me go 45 minutes away for a tournament
Getting closer with the guys from league
Virizion EX
Trades
Recruiting someone for league

Slops: Having to owe my league leader $4.50 because I needed sleeves and a drink. (I only brought $35 for the tournament and gas.)
No one pulling Genesect EX
No one pulling the Scoop Up Ace Spec
Losing a round

This was a great way to get back into the game after my first day back at league. I only need 7 more cards for my deck and I'm already getting hooked up with 5 of them. I pulled one of the best cards of the set and got some good stuff for it. The car ride was also fun talking strategy most of the way there and back. Can't wait for next week in Chatsworth!

Rock Wrecker said:
Slop: Having to owe my league leader $4.50 because I needed sleeves and a drink.

Do you have to have sleeves for a prerelease? or are the sleeves the special product? I'm going to my first one this saturday hopefully.

ryter78 said:
Do you have to have sleeves for a prerelease? or are the sleeves the special product? I'm going to my first one this saturday hopefully.

Sleeves are not the special product, it is instead a Plasma Blast deck box and Porygon-Z promo. And although sleeves are not required for a PR, if you pull something good and want to use it in your deck, sleeves protect the card and its value much better than if you didn't use sleeves.

Back